Conair Instant Heat 3/4 inch Curling Iron

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This curling iron is awesome for tendrils & the tighter curls around my face. I have 1&1/4" also for the beachy waves. I turn these things on 25 & go! It gets so hot as a curling iron noob I've singed myself (lol). Auto shut off is essential like I said in my other review i don't wanna burn the house down! I don't see any damage (yet), but I'm investing in a better heat protectant just to be on the safe side when I get paid. I paid ~$13 for this at Kroger. Good deal!! This is fully functional w frills even it has a turbo button & of course the auto shut off, nice kickstand 1-25 heat selection so ur getting a lot of nice features at an economy price.

I bought this because of the reviews here, and it DOES work well and gives me nice sexy-wavy hair (I have the 1 1/4"). My only major complaint is that the dial sometimes twists accidentally (it's in an awkward spot) and then the heat setting changes when I don't want it to. There should be some kind of lock so that it doesn't switch accidentally. I do wish it came with a heat-resistance pouch or case and I do wish that the barrel was ceramic. However I only use this about 1-2 times a month so hopefully it won't fry my hair too badly! I guess if you want a pouch and a ceramic barrel, you will have to go for the other models that are about $15-$20 (this one was $10). If the issues mentioned don't bother you, and you're on a tight budget, this is a good curling iron.

on 2/18/2005 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have typical coarse (asian hair) and this curler is by far the BEST! It has 25 different heating temperature and heats up in less than 60secs. I'm only using between #10-15 in the heat setting and it curls beautifully within 5 secs :) Another great thing it has a swivel on the bottom of the handle to prevent tangling of the cord. I got it at Target for under $10 bucks! EXCELLENT!

Update 9/2008: I'm still in LOVE with this curling Iron and am in the process of getting them in all the sizes available :) BTW, the curls last me all day--and this is only with a heat protectant -- no hair spray, no curl activator.

Popular Hair Styling Tools