Weleda Wild Rose Moisture Cream

Weleda Wild Rose Moisture Cream

3.3

Water (aqua), Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sedum Purpureum Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Beeswax, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*.

on 10/30/2015 3:58:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. I decided to buy it after seeing it in a few videos from Lisa Eldridge (who I trust 100%) -unfortunately it did not deliver. The scent is amazing but i did get tired of it once I put it on as it was too strong for my nose! It does moisturize but I felt that my skin didn't absorb it so well even with a little amount, it felt sticky even after a couple of hours of application. Two things I'm not so keen on 1. No seal 2. It contains alcohol (some may disagree on the importance of this but i'd rather use products without it).

on 6/11/2015 10:05:00 PM

If this was branded Jurlique or Dr Hauschka, I image this rose scented moisturiser would be a lot more expensive! Weleda wild rose smoothing day cream is a no-nonsense facial moisturiser that has a light, soft texture like nivea cream. It's hydrating, full of yummy oils and easily absorbed by the skin. It may be too heavy for my oily-combo skin in summer but it leaves my dehydrated skin in winter soft and smooth to the touch. The light natural rose scent makes this cream a joy to apply in the mornings.

This moisturiser won't wind back the clock but it does a stellar job at treating dehydration.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/22/2014 10:47:00 PM

I have the night cream version of this product. I do not understand the price discrepancies between some of the Weleda products, considering the fact that many of them have and use the same ingredients. That being said, this product is on the pricier side of the scale. I love the texture of this cream. It hydrates without being super greasy (it leaves me a little shiny, no big deal) and it smells heavenly. I would eventually like to see these creams come out with SPF versions, but I think this is a wonderful cream to layer under sunscreen during the day or to apply over a serum at night. Compared to the cold cream, it is much less greasy (although that is kind of the function of the cold cream) and the scent is a bit nicer. I would repurchase this cream, but not at the same price point.

on 3/24/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was going through a period of dry, flaky skin with pimples popping up in places where I hardly ever break out (jaw line, etc), and red itchy patches around my eyes.

I decided the best way to cure this was to let my skin rest and go back to a simple routine (no complicated 12 steps of skincare!) of just cleanser, serum and moisturiser. I also decided to go as natural with my skincare as possible and bought the weleda rose day cream off iherb.

The cream was light and watery which is not something that I am used to, as I was using heavier creams previously. However, because of the purpose of wanting to keep my skincare as light and clean as possible, the texture was good for me. I used this for both day and night over my argan facial oil as a serum. After several weeks, my face has calmed down alot and became smoother and clearer. My breakouts cleared up and I did not get any further pimples from this.

PROS: Light refreshing texture. Natural skincare. Hygienic and eco-friendly aluminum tube. Convenient travel size. Reasonable price. Nice rose scent (but may not be nice for everyone)

CONS: Has alcohol.

I really like this moisturiser. It does not make big promises, and just does its job of giving skin the calm and moisture it needed to heal. However, the reason why I indicated that I may not repurchase was because I discovered it contains alcohol (many of Weleda products contain alcohol unfortunately) so I plan to shop around for another alternative.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this together with the WIld Rose night cream. While I like the night cream, this cream is nothing like its after dark twin - it has so much alcohol in it that my skin feels drier and flakier after using it.

Even in Springtime in Hong Kong (where the humidity is somewhere between 75-95%), I need to apply, re-apply and re-re-apply it throughout the day just to keep my skin from feeling stretchy tight. If I have flakes on my cheeks, this cream does nothing to soothe it nor does it make the flakes less visible (let alone making them disappear).

I can probably use it during the hot summer days in Hong Kong, where the temperature can surge up to 35 degree celsius. On drier or colder days, however, I would use the night cream (as a day cream) (you may see my review on the night cream).

The good things about it:
(a) nice rose smell
(b) it absorbs very quickly and you can apply makeup as soon as you finish applying it on your face
(c) it is reasonably priced.

on 2/2/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was given to me as a gift, however the pricing was still on (lol) and it was quite expensive given the quality. I found the consistency very watery and the product didn't give my dry skin enough coverage. It may be suitable for younger, normal skin. I won't use this product again.

on 9/30/2012 8:43:00 AM

I got this cream in a beautybox a couple of weeks ago. First thing that I noticed was the strong smell of this product, which is really too strong for my liking. I also found out that it makes my face look too shiny when I use foundation after this, so I only put this cream on when I don't plan on using any foundation that day.

Despite those two cons, I must say that it does hydrate my skin and it didn't break me out (instead, small blemishes have disappeared), which is a huge plus. Unfortunately, this is not the moisturizer for me so after I've used this up, I won't repurchase.

on 2/4/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a bonus from a kit, and I have to say the fragrance is way too strong for a facial moisturizer. I do like the non-greasy texture and how it doesn't break me out (I have combination, acne-prone skin), but I have a hard time dealing with the headache from the strong rose-scent at night. This also isn't too cheap so I'll try more drugstore moisturizers to find my HG.

on 12/7/2011 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i use it on my neck and forehead against wrinkles. i dont use it on my face as i have acne prone skin and this didnt feel non comedogenic at all. smells nice and it has a smooth texture

This product worked perfectly for my skin type. It imparted moisture to dry parts without causing breakouts on oilier parts. It also didn't leave a greasy feeling like many moisturizing cremes tend to. It is, however, rather expensive when compared to other products. I purchased it *on clearance* for 13.50! Thankfully, one tube generally lasts me for months.