Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

on 7/15/2016 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This liquid formula is a lot more subtle than the pressed highlighter Becca makes. It also makes the areas you highlight look very dewy and golden (which is a look I like.) I like this on days where I want my highlight to seem more subtle; however, if I'm going for that va va voom highlight, I will go for my pressed powder.

A little also goes a long way and the travel sized version will last me a very long time. It looks awesome on tanned skin as it picks up a lot of gold fragments in the sunlight. All the hype for the Becca highlighters is very well deserved!

on 7/12/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a NC15-20 and I love this highlighter! maybe even to the point of HG status. I bought this in the Glow on the Go kit to try if I like liquid or pressed more. At first, I was a bit skeptical, the liquid opal was smaller than I thought, but then I started using it and I realized that a little bit of the stuff goes a long way and the stuff is Uhhh-mazing! It looks totally natural with no glitters at all. It just looks like you're glowing from within. Even under some powder, it may look less glowy but it still peeks through. If you want an everyday natural glowy face, the liquid Opal is the best choice, although the pressed is definitely still very pretty especially if you want a more serious glow. Also, you can mix it in with foundation, moisturizer, bb cream, lotion, which is really nice.

I also tried this on my friend who's NC-40-ish and liquid and pressed opal looks great on both our skintones.

Definitely will repurchase in a bigger size.

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

Gorgeous product!! I bought the travel size duo set that came with this product (in a lip gloss tube) and the mini version of the pressed "opal" highlighter.

Color is a pretty warm bronzy pinky gold shade. I wear this under my foundation. I only apply to the areas where I would normally apply my highlighter. My fave way to blend into the skin is with a damp beauty blender.

Unfortunately, I would not repurchase this product because I found out that it was breaking me. This factor does not change my rating for this product. I would definitely repurchase if it didn't give me zits >_<

I bought a sample size of this on eBay for $11. My skin is fair, and Opal doesn't show up on my skin. It's a barely there shimmer when the light hits it. I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. It'd look good on tan or dark skin.

I haven't used this on my face with foundation yet, but I have used this mixed in with my body lotion and it gives the most gorgeous sheen to the skin. you can mix equal parts for subtle or add more on top to give more shimmer to ur skin. a little does go a long way, I will be buying more shades

on 4/15/2016 1:50:00 PM

Nice product, but it didn't work out for me. The fragrance in this was irritating my eyes and making them watery throughout the day. And someone on the makeup board mentioned the same thing happened to them, so it's not just me.

I bought this because I was looking for something to use as a foundation base that would add some glow. I like a semi-dewy look, but I don't want to be all shiny either. Well this product was perfect for that. I loved the way it made my skin look when I wore it under my foundation. Just the right amount of glow. It didn't turn my combo-oily skin into a greasy mess either. And it wore well all day long.

(It's a little too much to wear on its own though. Good for wearing either under foundation or mixed with foundation. Worn by itself, it makes you look like a crazy person.)

I have since found something that works a lot better for me, Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Translucent Illuminator. Recommended to me by a fellow MUA'er! No irritating fragrance, looks beautiful on the skin, lasts all day.

This Becca product was okay overall but I won't be buying this again.

on 4/2/2016 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really want to like this! No animal testing! On my cheekbones, it leaves me looking like the oil slick I've been trying to get away from! I tried it a year ago - awful, and I gave it another shot today. My acne prone, oily skin has improved immensely over the past year since I've been taking great care of it, so I thought this would add a nice glow to my natural look. It accentuates tiny lines around my eyes I didn't know I had, and seeps into them as the day goes on. 9 hours later I look like I've aged 10 years. Scary!

The color is beautiful on its own, but on my NC 25-30 skin it looks like a heavy liquid bronzer from the 70's that older ladies would wear and all I would see were their crow's feet glowing in shimmer. I love Mary-Lou Manizer, and will stick with that.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the travel size which is $19 at Ulta. This is definitely a holy grail product, and I wouldn't go a day without it. I'm tan, NC42 for reference, and opal is the perfect shade. Everyone has different perspectives.. and preferences.The right amount of shine, glow, and it's not so glittery. I gave a 5 for the packaging because it's a tube. When you use a pump, that's wasting product.. considering with this, you only need a penny size to dab on the areas of the face you would normally highlight.

on 1/12/2016 6:24:00 PM

Recently purchased this item from Ulta and I love it! Its a versatile product that you can apply to the high points of your face after your foundation routine or mix it into your foundation for a dewy look.

Its quite expensive but it's AMAZING! The pump is a little finicky so its a bit difficult to squeeze out the amount that you want, which wastes a bit of product. I have opal but I'm definitely going to get moonstone too!

on 12/4/2015 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been dying to try Becca's highlighters for a while, but $38 was too much to drop on something I wasn't sure of. When I saw a mini pack of both the cream and powder form of Opal for $20, I jumped at it.

This is a beautiful highlighter.... if you have medium or darker skin. I am very fair, so while this is gorgeous, it's almost impossible to see on me unless I'm in the right light. I plan on trying Moonstone and Pearl when I can, since I've heard those are better for girls like me.

That being said, the cream form is a much more subtle highlight, even when layered on. If you want a more intense highlight, definitely go for the powder version.

This was not the color for me, but if it works on your skin, go for it!!