Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector IngredientsBecca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

on 10/8/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This highlighter is BOMB it has a really nice sheen to it which makes it look very natural on the skin. the color runs pretty pink which isn't my favourite out there but this one is quite peachy so I guess it's all good. the texture is very smooth, easy to blend, like every liquid product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 12/30/16: I found a little tube of Opal in my stash & I have been using it with a strong lip (Michael Kors Siren lipgloss or Chanel coromandel lipstick), curled eyelashes w black mascara & I really like that look! It's glitzy-glam but natural. I'm experimenting more w highlighted skin w a bold lip,

Original review: Note: I don't see a place for the Becca SSP "liquid" champagne pop so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. This is amazing! A little goes a long ways. I love Becca Backlit Primer too; the Becca liquid highlighters are awesome! I also have a mini Opal liquid Becca but I prefer champagne pop. I've always loved champagne pop! I have the powder champagne pop, mini Opal powder & I use champagne pop nearly daily. I would highly rec'd champagne pop (& Opal). These aren't cheap but somexs u can get Opal in a mini pack for $20 but this is $40 for 1.7oz. I don't find the pump cumbersome or dispensing too much I wouldn't want to waste any of it. I just pump it very carefully--I can do that. I'm giving 3 lippies for price. It is $$$ but u get a lot of product I anticipate this lasting full into its shelf life.#winning !!

on 7/15/2016 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This liquid formula is a lot more subtle than the pressed highlighter Becca makes. It also makes the areas you highlight look very dewy and golden (which is a look I like.) I like this on days where I want my highlight to seem more subtle; however, if I'm going for that va va voom highlight, I will go for my pressed powder.

A little also goes a long way and the travel sized version will last me a very long time. It looks awesome on tanned skin as it picks up a lot of gold fragments in the sunlight. All the hype for the Becca highlighters is very well deserved!

on 7/12/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a NC15-20 and I love this highlighter! maybe even to the point of HG status. I bought this in the Glow on the Go kit to try if I like liquid or pressed more. At first, I was a bit skeptical, the liquid opal was smaller than I thought, but then I started using it and I realized that a little bit of the stuff goes a long way and the stuff is Uhhh-mazing! It looks totally natural with no glitters at all. It just looks like you're glowing from within. Even under some powder, it may look less glowy but it still peeks through. If you want an everyday natural glowy face, the liquid Opal is the best choice, although the pressed is definitely still very pretty especially if you want a more serious glow. Also, you can mix it in with foundation, moisturizer, bb cream, lotion, which is really nice.

I also tried this on my friend who's NC-40-ish and liquid and pressed opal looks great on both our skintones.

Definitely will repurchase in a bigger size.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

Gorgeous product!! I bought the travel size duo set that came with this product (in a lip gloss tube) and the mini version of the pressed "opal" highlighter.

Color is a pretty warm bronzy pinky gold shade. I wear this under my foundation. I only apply to the areas where I would normally apply my highlighter. My fave way to blend into the skin is with a damp beauty blender.

Unfortunately, I would not repurchase this product because I found out that it was breaking me. This factor does not change my rating for this product. I would definitely repurchase if it didn't give me zits >_<

I bought a sample size of this on eBay for $11. My skin is fair, and Opal doesn't show up on my skin. It's a barely there shimmer when the light hits it. I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. It'd look good on tan or dark skin.

I haven't used this on my face with foundation yet, but I have used this mixed in with my body lotion and it gives the most gorgeous sheen to the skin. you can mix equal parts for subtle or add more on top to give more shimmer to ur skin. a little does go a long way, I will be buying more shades

on 4/15/2016 1:50:00 PM

Nice product, but it didn't work out for me. The fragrance in this was irritating my eyes and making them watery throughout the day. And someone on the makeup board mentioned the same thing happened to them, so it's not just me.

I bought this because I was looking for something to use as a foundation base that would add some glow. I like a semi-dewy look, but I don't want to be all shiny either. Well this product was perfect for that. I loved the way it made my skin look when I wore it under my foundation. Just the right amount of glow. It didn't turn my combo-oily skin into a greasy mess either. And it wore well all day long.

(It's a little too much to wear on its own though. Good for wearing either under foundation or mixed with foundation. Worn by itself, it makes you look like a crazy person.)

I have since found something that works a lot better for me, Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Translucent Illuminator. Recommended to me by a fellow MUA'er! No irritating fragrance, looks beautiful on the skin, lasts all day.

This Becca product was okay overall but I won't be buying this again.

on 4/2/2016 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really want to like this! No animal testing! On my cheekbones, it leaves me looking like the oil slick I've been trying to get away from! I tried it a year ago - awful, and I gave it another shot today. My acne prone, oily skin has improved immensely over the past year since I've been taking great care of it, so I thought this would add a nice glow to my natural look. It accentuates tiny lines around my eyes I didn't know I had, and seeps into them as the day goes on. 9 hours later I look like I've aged 10 years. Scary!

The color is beautiful on its own, but on my NC 25-30 skin it looks like a heavy liquid bronzer from the 70's that older ladies would wear and all I would see were their crow's feet glowing in shimmer. I love Mary-Lou Manizer, and will stick with that.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the travel size which is $19 at Ulta. This is definitely a holy grail product, and I wouldn't go a day without it. I'm tan, NC42 for reference, and opal is the perfect shade. Everyone has different perspectives.. and preferences.The right amount of shine, glow, and it's not so glittery. I gave a 5 for the packaging because it's a tube. When you use a pump, that's wasting product.. considering with this, you only need a penny size to dab on the areas of the face you would normally highlight.