Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid - Opal
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector IngredientsBecca Shimmering Skin Perfector 'Opal'

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana Witch (Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile minerale, Glucose, Fructose, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Alcohol Denat, Dextrin, Sucrose, Urea, Propylparaben, BHT, Hexyl Nicotinate, Glutamic Acide, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract), Butylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). May contain/peut contenir [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Mica.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is so much more natural than the powders. I love layering this under the powder for added effect at night, but during the day this gives a subtle "lit from within" glow.

on 9/14/2017 9:21:00 AM

I have light-medium skin tone with huge pores and a few blemishes on my skin. This liquid has been a lifesaver for me. One thin layer before foundation (as a primer) blurs out all my imperfections and adds a radiance to my skin. It looks beautiful under foundation and over foundation (as a highlighter). Super natural and glowy.

on 6/25/2017 8:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this as a GWP with my Becca bronzer and I was hooked. These two products were my introduction to Becca and they have transformed my look. I only need a tiny bit of this, which I run over my palms and fingers and blend on my cheeks and down the center of my face, right over my sunscreen. I concentrate it a bit around my nose, as it seems to have some priming effects. Then I use my regular Tarte foundation, only less of it than I used before. I do need to blend it quite well, as the SSP leaves a bit of a tacky finish. (I really need to try a Beauty Blender one of these days!) instead of the Tarte finishing powder I previously use, I put a few swipes of Becca bronzer over top and I am as close to a glowing goddess as I can be😀 This stuff is worth the high price tag!

on 8/7/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I finally bought into the Becca hype, a 0.2 oz deluxe sample size of the Shimmering Skin Perfector came with my purchase at Ulta. I have to say, out of the Becca products I purchased, this freebie was the one I kept grabbing for in my daily makeup application! This sample lasted me a good month, too. What I do is squeeze a pea-sized amount and a bit of Maybelline Fit Me foundation on the back of my hand, take a buffing brush, and buff the mix of the two all over my face for a really natural-but-ethereal finish. It looks so good in the mirror, in-person, and on camera! I'll layer on some of the Pressed Powder in Opal for major dimensional cheeks, but the jarring Instagram drag highlight isn't the look I go for on a regular basis.

I would buy the 0.68oz SSP for $19, but I wouldn't shell out the $41 for the 1.7oz unless it was priced a little lower, at say, maybe $36? At that point anyway, it's the price of a luxury brand foundation

on 5/28/2017 2:46:00 PM

holy allergic reaction batman :( my face flushed and prickled, throat got sore and I felt warm all over within minutes of putting it on, which is a shame bc it looked lovely :(

I love the product.

I bought it at my local Sephora in the shade Opal as I find it a bit more natural than the famous C POP. it has a very light scent which reminds me of sun protection lotions.

I think for mixing with foundation (I used it with BareSkin by Bare Minerals, but maybe with a very matte foundation it works fine!), the luminous primer would be better. the way I apply this is: after my foundation and concealer I extend it all over my checks and then I start with my powders, contouring, blush, etc. For more intensity, I put some powder glow in the same opal or C POP shade on top. Do not put contour and blush first or it will make a mess(needless to say, first cream/liquid, then, powders ;))

The packaging is good especially because of the pump. That prevents the air from getting in contact with the liquid inside which would contaminate it.

The product stayed flawless all day (also because of the powder glow on top of it).
The brand is cruelty-free which is important for me and I believe for many others.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 12/30/16: I found a little tube of Opal in my stash & I have been using it with a strong lip (Michael Kors Siren lipgloss or Chanel coromandel lipstick), curled eyelashes w black mascara & I really like that look! It's glitzy-glam but natural. I'm experimenting more w highlighted skin w a bold lip,

Original review: Note: I don't see a place for the Becca SSP "liquid" champagne pop so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. This is amazing! A little goes a long ways. I love Becca Backlit Primer too; the Becca liquid highlighters are awesome! I also have a mini Opal liquid Becca but I prefer champagne pop. I've always loved champagne pop! I have the powder champagne pop, mini Opal powder & I use champagne pop nearly daily. I would highly rec'd champagne pop (& Opal). These aren't cheap but somexs u can get Opal in a mini pack for $20 but this is $40 for 1.7oz. I don't find the pump cumbersome or dispensing too much I wouldn't want to waste any of it. I just pump it very carefully--I can do that. I'm giving 3 lippies for price. It is $$$ but u get a lot of product I anticipate this lasting full into its shelf life.#winning !!

on 10/8/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This highlighter is BOMB it has a really nice sheen to it which makes it look very natural on the skin. the color runs pretty pink which isn't my favourite out there but this one is quite peachy so I guess it's all good. the texture is very smooth, easy to blend, like every liquid product.

on 5/12/2017 11:18:00 AM

Love

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought a LE sample size tube of this highlighter and I fell in love. It gives my skin the perfect, undetectable dewy finish. If you like a natural-looking highlighter that does not highlight texture, this one's perfect. No chunky shimmer or glitter in sight (unlike it's powder iteration, which I am NOT a fan of).

Although I love it, I dread running out of the convenient sample size with the doe foot applicator. The full size is HUGE and not nearly as easy to apply. Furthermore, I travel frequently, so lugging around this huge bottle of highlighter is not appealing. I really they sold the liquid highlighters in different sizes and packing.