TRESemme Healthy Volume Shampoo

TRESemme Healthy Volume Shampoo

2.7

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Ammonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone, Quarternium-80, Phenethyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, PVP, VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Peg-18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate, Polyquarternium-7, Polysorbate 20, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Silk, Soluble Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.

on 3/6/2016 6:18:00 PM

This shampoo is really annoying because it's the only shampoo I can use where my hair has volume and isn't a frizz ball afterwards, usually with any other kind of shampoo my hair doesn't look any good until the day after, it's just always too frizzy after it's been washed, but this made my hair full of volume and smooth and beautiful, but there is a catch, it only really lasts about half a day and then it gets oily and stringy and makes my head itch like hell so it's a shame, I wish they could change something in it to make it not do this, but then I guess the entire results would be different. I'm considering buying this and just using it for special occasions where I only need to look good for a few hours! Then again, I'm just probably better of trying to find something else.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Made hair feel dry and staticy.
Did boost volume in a fluffy flyaway manner.
Hair was more tangled and did not appear as healthy.
Hate the scent

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Worst shampoo ever. Made my hair really rough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Yuck. This coated my hair with some kind of weird substance and caused me to break out on my forehead and cheek that I sleep on from build-up on my hair. You wouldn't guess it from the clear formula but this is loaded with gunky silicone and wax and other things that weigh hair down and irritate the skin. Unimpressed.

on 8/9/2013 5:58:00 PM

-Made me BREAK OUT on my back where my hair is...
-doenst give much volume

I dont recommend it

on 1/29/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to try a new shampoo. I never tried Tresemme before so I thought I would give it a try. I thought "Healthy Volume" sounded nice because most volumizing shampoo's I tried dried out my hair too much. But this? It made it greasy! When I put it in my hair, I had no idea my hair would feel weighed down. I do not recommend to people with fine hair.

on 8/25/2012 12:31:00 PM

Yikes! This is one of the worst shampoos I've ever used! It gave my hair this awful straw-feel on top of drying it out and weighing it down, and made it look super oily.
My friend started to use it recently, and she started complaining about how her hair was always looking greasy. I put two and two together and I told her to switch her shampoo right away. She got some Aveeno shampoo and already her hair is looking much better. This product might be okay for those with really thick hair, but for those with fine hair, steer clear!

Edit: My coworker, who used to go to beauty school, told me the shampoo is loaded with wax and silicone, which is what gives your hair the 'shiny' look. She told me that when people use this shampoo and blowdry/curl/straighten their hair, they're actually causing all the gunk to harden onto the hair, and in order to get it all out, you have to physically scrape the wax and other gunk off the hair. To me, that is horrifying, and not worth it at all.

on 8/24/2012 1:58:00 AM

I do not know what it is with this shampoo, but after a few days, I almost ALWAYS get this weird waxy build up on my roots. For the longest time I thought my hair was just being weird, but when I switched my shampoo the problem went away. I agree with other reviews. It seems that this product builds up as a way of creating volume? But with fine hair like mine, it just makes it feel gross and greasy. I'm working through the bottle slowly. I only use it once a week or so since it isn't awful and I don't want to waste it, but definitly not a daily shampoo for me and will not be rebuying

The shampoo doesn't smell too good...not the worst..but at least the smell doesn't stay in my hair. My hair is shiny but flat as a pancake and limp as a noodle. No amount of teasing helps...it's just flat all over. I do not recommend this shampoo.

on 7/17/2012 4:09:00 PM

This shampoo gave me dandruff which I never had before. it took me nearly half a year to realise this. Maybe it is too drying for me.

Popular Shampoos