MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 11/17/2016 2:16:00 AM

My go to eyeliner! It stays on all day without smudging, and goes on perfectly with an angle brush. I keep switching and coming back because nothing compares.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ride or die. if you apply this and then set it with black eyeshadow you are SET

on 10/11/2016 11:42:00 AM

The product itself is fantastic - my problem is not being able to use it properly. When a friend does my eyeliner for me its great, I can just never seem to get it right on both eye lids. That's not the eyeliners fault tho.

If you wear liquid liner, you should at least try this product at some point. I wear liquid liner most days and have tried a fair number over the years. I mostly used the kind with a built-in brush like L'Oreal Line Intensifique. I was intimidated to try the gel kind that comes in a pot because the separate brush seemed fussy, and I thought it looked more difficult to apply, like only for real makeup experts. But when I started using MAC Fluidline, I wished I had tried it sooner.

First of all, the color is the deepest, darkest black imaginable. I want to try Fluidline in Lowlights because I think a dark brown is better on my coloring, but for those who want a true black, Blacktrack is it.

With just a teensy bit of the liner on your brush the application is super smooth and consistent...none of those annoying lines that fade at points so you have to go back and touch up. I used to use a MAC 266 brush to apply, but I lost it and now use a similar angled liner brush from e.l.f., and it works just fine. I find the application is actually easier than the liners with the built-in brush I used before and find I have more versatility and precision.

The best thing about this product: the longevity is bonkers. I have to use more makeup remover at the end of the day because it stays so well that I swear I'm taking off about as much product as I put on the same morning, like 12+ hours earlier. I'm sure this stuff fades a bit, but it's not noticeable. Also, one of the annoying asects of my makeup routine is getting the liquid liner to stay put when I use my eyelash curler. I think some people apply liquid liner after curling their lashes, but this has never worked for me. With other liquid liners the line gets messed up if the curler touches where it's applied, but with MAC Fluidline, there is no noticeable smudging, especially since I started using a setting spray after all my makeup is applied, before using the curler.

Anyways, definitely try this. I hope when I try a dark brown Fluidline it's every bit as awesome as Blacktrack.

on 8/14/2016 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was an absolute dissapointment. I was so excited to try Mac's Fluidline after trying several drugstore gel eyeliners and not finding a perfect match for me. My main problem for this product is that is absolutely overpriced, I would have gotten the same quality in L'Oreal or Maybelline. The gel is not pigmented enough, it is that kind of greyish black that turns greyer as the day goes on. Also the staying power is not anything otherworldly, again it lasts the same as a drugstore one would. The only positive thing I can say is that it goes on very creamy and easy to apply. I don't understand the hype on this product and I wish I hadn't spent my money on this.

on 6/6/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily eyelids and I bougth this thinking on a long lasting liner, but it does smudge a lot... It just works if I apply some primer first, and also I find the formula quite dry

on 6/3/2016 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my 3nd time I ran out this product and I love to buy another one. It's very fluide, very matte, and have a long duration.

on 4/24/2016 11:06:00 PM

It works! I'm on my second pot of this stuff, and it was my first gel eyeliner, ever. I sometimes think about trying others, but I get turned off my lack of colour selection (I also like wearing coloured gel eyeliner) and poor ingredients (Bobbi Brown, I'm looking at you - why do you have to use so much parabens?! I would rather never try you than take my chances with breast cancer). MAC's fluidlines WORK. They last forever, and they're easy enough to use. The only problem with Blacktrack is that is dries up significantly faster than some of their other colours, which is why I'm giving it four stars. My first pot lasted me a year before it became unusable, which is great for savings because my liquid liners only last me a couple of months before they run out.

This is the best gel liner ever!!! It does requires 1-2 layering to get the most opaque black due to its slippery feeling once applied, but it stays on for the maximum 14 hours on me with a little smudging/creasing when i set my eye area with powder well (i have slightly oily eyelids). it sounds crazy but the gel liner really lasted!! i love the matte finish too

on 4/4/2016 3:49:00 AM

Everyone is talking about this MAC liner, should be THE eyeliner.
Well, I bought it and I was disappointed. It should be the blackest black, but I don't find it is so pigmented, I always had to draw a few lines to get the flawless black liner. When you pay 20$ for a famous brand product, you want to apply it easy and have a high-pigmented liner.
This is not the case, as I said.
Also, I don't think it lasts so long - after 6 hours, the colour faded and sometimes it smudges.

After a few uses, the formula got thicker and I couldn't just use it good.

I would not rebuy it and also woulnd't recommend it.
I think that Inglot's AMC Gel Liner is THE BEST.