MAC Cosmetics Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel - Blacktrack

MAC Cosmetics Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel - Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite eyeliner by far! Very pigmented and super easy to work with. I've used this several times now and loved it every time. It's long lasting (I can apply at 7am before work and it's still on by the end of the day). I prefer to use with matte eye shadows as opposed to shimmery ones and I do believe it has to be used with the right brush (Mac 209 eyeliner brush works best imo) to get the best results. 100% repurchase!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favorite gel/liquid eyeliners. It glides on smoothly so you get a fine and even line. You can go over it to deepen and thicken the line as well.

It stays on well and is pretty smudge resistant. I love created looks with this one. You can even use it as a base to make MAC shadows and pigments pop a bit more for a duo chrome look.

Others on the market just don't compare to this.

on 10/18/2018 4:55:00 PM

pros

- very black and its matte<3
- easier to apply with a right brush (mac 209 or 211)
- a lot of product
-can put on waterline and GREAT for tightlining the upper waterline

cons
-can be patchy;its not buildable, sometimes the second swipe with wipe off the first layer
-harder to use than a felt tip

the reason i wouldn't repurchase is because i think pen type liner like the mac brushstroke in brushblack is wayyy easier to use but for now i am not mad at it. I will cont to use this as a tightline till i run out and decide if i will repurchase or not.

Edit- loving this for tightlining the upper waterline and will repurchase!

on 9/20/2018 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Stays on forever! Shows up full black. Awesome product..replace my eyeliner with this to get the smokey eye effect. Love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

It was my first gel pot eyeliner and I never looked back. I've had the same pot for at least 5 years now and it still applies like a dream, blacker than black too. Love it.

Great eyeliner. Very stable, last for a full day.

on 5/18/2018 12:13:00 AM

I must say that my eyelids are very oily and they took me a long time to find a perfect eye liner for them 🙄. I had been tried plenty products before and the results always panda eye at the end of the day, no shape eye liner or irritated while applying product. There is 1 day a friend told me to use shu uemura eye pot, she got a very precious eyeliner - like precious i meant. Tried and still smug, i was supper disappointed. I the hopeless situation i asked the sale assistant in Mecca Maxima. She gave me the sample of Mac and tell me to trust her. It works incredibly on my eyeliner, little bit smuggled on hot day, perfect shape at the end of the day. Very smooth and the pigmentation is great. 35AUD for a pot which last whole year, not expensive at all, specially me cause i tried non-working cheaper products ( such a waste).

on 5/1/2018 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This liquid eye-liner is fantastic! It's very easy to use as long as you have the proper brush. Amazing results.

on 4/6/2018 9:04:00 PM

Loved this stuff. Gave a great look.

Took me a while to learn how to apply it correctly, but when I did it looked great.

The only downside is that it ended up drying up too soon and now I can't use the rest of it in the jar. Compared to other gel liners this one seemed to be the best look, highly pigmented and glided on better than some other brands.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love black eyeliners and I have used a lot of different ones in the past, of different types: kohl pencil, felt pen liners, liquid liners, gel liners...

I particularly like the MAC one because it applies so smoothly. It doesn't "skip" along the eyelid like a drier formula or a pencil can. You do need to buy a liner brush with this product, as it doesn't come with an applicator or brush.

Also, once it is applied and has set, it doesn't move. I applied it on my top lash line at 6:30am, spent all day in a busy city centre on a hot metro and then out in the freezing cold. When I home at 10:30pm that evening, my liner was still as fresh as I'd applied it that morning!

The liner stays put, but comes off with an eye make up remover without the need to rub hard.

You get a lot of product in what looks like a tiny pot. I've yet to reach the end of a pot because the formula starts to dry out and it loses its smooth application (I mean after MONTHS of use though!)
The glass pot is sturdy, but don't do what I did and drop it off chipping off the bottom corner! Although it was dropped, the glass didn't shatter and the product inside stayed intact.

You can "Back 2 MAC" recycle the pot when you've finished with the product too!