MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

I'm on my 6th or 7th of these and it is still the best liquid liner I've found. I use it with the MAC pencil brush on my top lash line only. I have yet to perfect drawing a wing with it, so I use Stila liquid liner pen for that. This is great though because it's really dark and lasts all day. Kind of hard to get off but that shows its great staying power.

The MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Blacktrack is a great Eyeliner. For me, it is too smooth, dries quickly, but it lasts all day long.

I have been using this eyeliner for many years for my upper lash line. It's black and matte and stays put for most of the day. It doesn't work on my waterline as it stings my eyes but I use a pencil eyeliner for my waterline anyway. I have rebought 4 times so I suppose you can say it's my HG. The pot lasts a long time. It does dry out by the time I'm three-quarters of the way through. When this happens, I know it's time to buy a new one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this liner as I was seeing all over YouTube, but unfortunately this really disappointed me. I'll touch upon the good points firstly. The colour is nice, it's basic black with a lovely matte finish, something I personally look for in eyeliners. The packaging is pretty as well, the glass pot makes it looks nice and luxurious.

However, there are far too many problems with the product for me to give it a good review. The first is it's shelf life, when you first open this, the product is very nice and fluid, it goes on no problem. But that won't last long at all. After about 2 months, this REALLY dried out, so much so that it was impossible to get a nice fluid line. This also meant throwing out over half of the product because it was too dry to use. Even after numerous attempts to revive it with heat and coconut oil. I think this is down to the packaging more than the formula it's self as it's not air tight. But speaking about the formula, I didn't care for that too much either. This smudged really bad, whenever I used this for winged liner, it would transfer too my crease without fail, and I don't have hooded eyes.

To be fair, I think the problems I've listed above are relevant to most gel liners on the market, I've tried a few and they've all done the same, dried out very quickly so I can't give this a horrible rating because it is very nice when it's new. But with that said, I wouldn't recommend this, at nearly £17, it's a waste of money because you probably won't be able to use the entirety of the pot. Go with a liquid liner, they're much better, or if you really want a gel, go for a cheap one like Maybelline or E.L.F. They all essentially do the same thing anyway :)

on 2/22/2017 3:01:00 PM

As someone who uses eyeliner almost every day, this is definitely my HG. It goes on super smooth, the application is actually quite easy and allows for really good control, and it stays on all day with almost no smudging. Already repurchased this twice!

on 3/16/2017 12:49:00 AM

I have been using this gel liner for years. I finally decided to ditch it after much struggle and disappointment. The color isn't deeply saturated meaning that more than one coat is necessary to achieve a jet black finish and this isn't a problem if the product is new but after some time it begins to dry out in the pot (even if I make sure to keep the lid tightly closed) making its application increasingly difficult. To top that off the eyeliner begins to crumble and/or crack. You can't even use the majority of the pot before another one is already needed. I used to love MAC but it seems that lately their products are churned out so quickly that they don't give quality the attention it deserves.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ride or die. if you apply this and then set it with black eyeshadow you are SET

on 11/17/2016 2:16:00 AM

My go to eyeliner! It stays on all day without smudging, and goes on perfectly with an angle brush. I keep switching and coming back because nothing compares.

on 12/22/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have just purchased this one as my first product from M.A.C ever (acutally as my first gel eyeliner ever, too) . It's super easy to apply, which suprised me (I am used to liquid eyeliners), it doesn't smudge and looks pretty natural. However the pigmentation is quite poor, it's more like gray than black.. Color is perfectly okay for everyday wear but it isn't what I expected.. I might change my mind after some time of using this but for now I must say it wasn't worth 20 euros that I have paid for it

on 1/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

I have few of them and I think they are one of the best eyeliners I've ever used... especially for my oily eyelids...