MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 2/22/2017 3:01:00 PM

As someone who uses eyeliner almost every day, this is definitely my HG. It goes on super smooth, the application is actually quite easy and allows for really good control, and it stays on all day with almost no smudging. Already repurchased this twice!

on 1/16/2017 11:18:00 PM

I have few of them and I think they are one of the best eyeliners I've ever used... especially for my oily eyelids...

on 12/22/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have just purchased this one as my first product from M.A.C ever (acutally as my first gel eyeliner ever, too) . It's super easy to apply, which suprised me (I am used to liquid eyeliners), it doesn't smudge and looks pretty natural. However the pigmentation is quite poor, it's more like gray than black.. Color is perfectly okay for everyday wear but it isn't what I expected.. I might change my mind after some time of using this but for now I must say it wasn't worth 20 euros that I have paid for it

on 11/17/2016 2:16:00 AM

My go to eyeliner! It stays on all day without smudging, and goes on perfectly with an angle brush. I keep switching and coming back because nothing compares.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ride or die. if you apply this and then set it with black eyeshadow you are SET

on 10/11/2016 11:42:00 AM

The product itself is fantastic - my problem is not being able to use it properly. When a friend does my eyeliner for me its great, I can just never seem to get it right on both eye lids. That's not the eyeliners fault tho.

If you wear liquid liner, you should at least try this product at some point. I wear liquid liner most days and have tried a fair number over the years. I mostly used the kind with a built-in brush like L'Oreal Line Intensifique. I was intimidated to try the gel kind that comes in a pot because the separate brush seemed fussy, and I thought it looked more difficult to apply, like only for real makeup experts. But when I started using MAC Fluidline, I wished I had tried it sooner.

First of all, the color is the deepest, darkest black imaginable. I want to try Fluidline in Lowlights because I think a dark brown is better on my coloring, but for those who want a true black, Blacktrack is it.

With just a teensy bit of the liner on your brush the application is super smooth and consistent...none of those annoying lines that fade at points so you have to go back and touch up. I used to use a MAC 266 brush to apply, but I lost it and now use a similar angled liner brush from e.l.f., and it works just fine. I find the application is actually easier than the liners with the built-in brush I used before and find I have more versatility and precision.

The best thing about this product: the longevity is bonkers. I have to use more makeup remover at the end of the day because it stays so well that I swear I'm taking off about as much product as I put on the same morning, like 12+ hours earlier. I'm sure this stuff fades a bit, but it's not noticeable. Also, one of the annoying asects of my makeup routine is getting the liquid liner to stay put when I use my eyelash curler. I think some people apply liquid liner after curling their lashes, but this has never worked for me. With other liquid liners the line gets messed up if the curler touches where it's applied, but with MAC Fluidline, there is no noticeable smudging, especially since I started using a setting spray after all my makeup is applied, before using the curler.

Anyways, definitely try this. I hope when I try a dark brown Fluidline it's every bit as awesome as Blacktrack.

on 8/14/2016 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was an absolute dissapointment. I was so excited to try Mac's Fluidline after trying several drugstore gel eyeliners and not finding a perfect match for me. My main problem for this product is that is absolutely overpriced, I would have gotten the same quality in L'Oreal or Maybelline. The gel is not pigmented enough, it is that kind of greyish black that turns greyer as the day goes on. Also the staying power is not anything otherworldly, again it lasts the same as a drugstore one would. The only positive thing I can say is that it goes on very creamy and easy to apply. I don't understand the hype on this product and I wish I hadn't spent my money on this.

on 6/6/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily eyelids and I bougth this thinking on a long lasting liner, but it does smudge a lot... It just works if I apply some primer first, and also I find the formula quite dry

on 6/3/2016 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my 3nd time I ran out this product and I love to buy another one. It's very fluide, very matte, and have a long duration.