3.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

Every moisturizer I've tested for my skin other than Annemarie Gianni facial oil (which made my face oily) has made it red and burn at the first application. Origins moisturizer makes it burn slightly less than others and it doesn't break me out that much. I actually like the grapefruit smell.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

To start, I have acne-prone combo skin, that struggles with dehydration and can get dry on the cheeks while being slightly oily on the nose. I´ve been testing several creams from Origins and while some of the others being too greasy or too light, this one was just right for my skin. It has a semi-thick texture and a slight lemony-citrusy smell, that´s quite refreshing in the morning. But a little warning here for the people, who have problems with allergies: The cream contains plant extracts and essential oils, so be sure, you can tolerate this ingredients. I use the cream in the morning under my make up. It takes about 5 minutes to sink into my skin, but that seems to be the case with all of the Origins creams. It makes a good make up base and keeps my skin nice and fresh all day long. And it adds a little glow to my skin, which I like. The big plus for me is that it has a spf 15, which is enough for wintertime in Germany. I don´t want to layer spf on top of my moisturizer even in wintertime. But I didn´t find a suitable cream for my skin with a spf, which is why this is godsend. You may call it my fall/winter cream, because in summertime, I need a higher spf. The cream is a little richer than my summer moisturizer and I embrace that because my skin feels protected. My t-zone is not oilier than with other moisturizers and my dry zones are very comfortable with this cream. But I admit, I have to use a hyaluronic booster or serum as with every other moisturizer I ever used, because my skin needs so much more moisture than a mere moisturizer could provide. My skin is pretty complicated and tricky when it comes to creams and I tried a tons of moisturizers. But somehow, this moisturizer goes well with my skin. I didn´t react toward the plant extracts or essential oils and I didn´t break out. The only downfall is the price, as Orgins is quite pricey in Germany. On the other side, I think the cream will last very long, because you only need a small amount for your face. I recommend this for combination to dry skin. It might be too rich for oily skin and not enough for very dry skin. The cream is a nice package of moisturizer, spf and aroma therapy in one and works great on my skin. Love it.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Let me start by saying I don't like to write an unfavorable review about an Origins product. I love the brand and what it stands for. But there's a lot to be said for a product that works for you. This product has a nice scent and general feel. But, for me, that's about where it stopped. It is too light for use as a facial moisturizer for me and basically worked for such a short time it was not worthwhile. I will finish off the bottle by using it on my neck and hands (which both warrant a better cream as well, but...) It may be a good fit for someone with oily skin, or who wants just a touch of hydration in the summer.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I was very suprised how well this cream worked for me. I was looking for something with SPF and I have combo/oily skin. The SA recommended I get lotion version of this but, suprisingly, the lotion did not absorb as well as the cream did. I love the citrusy scent of this and how quickly it absorbs to prep my skin for foundation. A little goes a long way and it doesn't make my skin feel oily throughout the day either.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBrunette

1.0

10 years ago

This scent of this moisturizer was just too strong...mind you all the origins mositurizers smell of citrus and grapefruit! Most importantly this product made no difference to my skin at all,infact all it did was make my skin tone look dull. I was dissapointed as it looked like souffle and lush in its jar. I've decided to never buy origins moisturizers again as they do not deliver results for my skin type. Their just over priced and over rated. Never again!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

10 years ago

Origins were doing a free skin care kit if you bought a product, so I got this. I'd borrowed it on a vacation years ago (in France) and had liked the SPF and scent but now, ick. It seems to be doing the bare minimum of moisturising for my face (and I slather loads on) and the scent, though awakening can get sickening after a while. My skin doesn't seem great after using this either, no breakouts (thank god) but it's not rocking it either. Over expensive and will return to Clinique SPF25 or Korres SPF6 after this one.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

this is way too sticky for my liking. the smell isnt all that great either.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

This is great moisturizer. I like that it has SPF. Also, my foundation goes on really smooth over this. Smell is delicious!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

1.0

11 years ago

I have oily skin that gets terrible dry patches in winter. I was looking for an SPF cream that would take care of that. This made it burn, feel more dry yet I broke out and the scent was too strong. I am returning it.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrown

EyesGreen

11 years ago

i wouldnt use this cream as a morning cream. its way too greasy for me. i cant feel myself sweating the cream off. i use it as a night cream and it works much better. still too greasy in my opinion.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24