Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner - all shades

Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner - all shades
No TitleUnstoppable Eyeliner - all shadesMe. My Eyeliner: Maybelline Unstoppable in OnyxMaybelline sapphire

2.9

on 9/13/2016 10:33:00 PM

this smudges from the very first time I used it. never going to use it again!

on 7/22/2016 11:22:00 AM

This eyeliner isn't that bad. However it's not so remarkable either.
Unstoppable isn't exactly unstoppable: I would say a good five to six hours of wear before you notice a bit of fading on your upper lash line; more so if you use it for your water line.
The pigment isn't particularly deep; essentially it's more like a medium depth which is more subtle for daytime use. However you can deepen the pigment for nighttime wear.
A mediocre eyeliner at best.

To Read all 396 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my waterline, and I have been for a few years now.

I've tried other drugstore eyeliners and they don't seem to work as well as this one on my waterline. This one fades after a few hours and smudges a little, but it still performs better than the others I've tried. Until I find something better, this is my favorite!

The price is good and the packaging is great.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am a little caught off guard by the bad reviews on this product but I suppose I have only been using it for essentially one purpose for the YEARS AND YEARS that I've been purchasing this liner.

Waterline! I'm not sure if encouraging lining your lower waterline is frowned upon so let's be clear that I'm not saying you should do it. Haha. But out of all the liners I've used this is the best for said job. It has pretty great staying power on such a tricky area and doesn't pool in the corners of the eye for the most part or bleed, like others I've tried. It's soft enough that it actually leaves a significant amount of pigment on the line but it's not so soft that it leaves little crumbles and globs in your lower lashes if you bump into them while lining. It feels very benign going on, like I said it doesn't bleed up into the eye at all (or out the bottom except for maybe if you put a lot on and wore it for a very long time) and I don't even notice it's there. I use the onyx (old habits die hard) and it's a very solid black.

I do sometimes also use it for softening up or blurring the edges of a liquid liner line on my upper lid. It doesn't do precision well on actual skin (on the lid or below the eye). So if you're looking for subtly for that purpose this probably isn't your pencil. But I like it if I'm not trying to get anything too elegant and wispy and just trying to smoke up a harsher line.

Now, you do have to be careful to retract the pencil, probably farther than you'd think, so it doesn't bump the cap when you put it back on and start breaking off internally (like an old school mechanical pencil). Once that happens it can get pretty annoying and little bits can start to fall out and it feels like a waste. It also might occur when the product is about to run out but it feels less wasteful at this point. If you forget to sufficiently retract the liner (I forget a lot) and a piece falls out you can always put it back in and retract it a little bit more and usually get some use out of the broken piece.

All in all, not perfect in design or for multipurpose looks but for a waterproof black liner I'm yet to find something better, be it drugstore brands or higher end products. Granted I haven't been looking for a while so take this review with the grain of salt of a person set in her ways. ;).

I REALLY appreciate that it's readily available almost anywhere I go (target, walgreens, grocery stores, ulta, etc) and that is a huge pull for me as a lot of the products I use are online only and it's nice to have something I can easily grab when I run out. This is my HG black waterliner.

I use this in Cinnabar for my eyebrows (I find it so hard to find a good eyebrow color for redheads! If anyone has any suggestions for one Id appreciate it! )
And I use this in Onyx for an eyeliner.

I often go between loving my drugstore brands for their ease of purchasing and low price, and searching for high-end brand version because I think they might work better, have better ingredients, etc. Sometimes the high end brand is worth it (IMHO Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and NARS blush are good ones to splurge on)

Recently I tried to find a longer lasting equivalent to this so I bought a similar but "self sharpening" smashbox eyeliner and it only reminded me of what a good deal this eyeliner actually is. I like it and have repurchased it many times because as an eyeliner it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes and doesn't smudge much (which is a big factor for me because I have watery eyes and oily eyelids. and as an eyebrow pencil, when lightly applied it seems to match my hair color far better than most of the other (many,many) eyebrow products I have tried.
My only real complaint with this is that it fades, and by the end of the day it seems to be almost gone! but at least it just seems to "disappear" instead of migrate all over my eyelids like many other eyeliners do.

on 5/16/2016 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Pewter (charcoal grey) and it is one of the nicest liners I've come across in recent years. I have a hard time finding an eye pencil for my lower lash line that has the right consistency. I prefer something less intense, yet still richly pigmented for the lower lash line, and this twist up style pencil delivers a soft, yet rich charcoal colour that lasts all day, does not smudge and applies very easily. I really like how the twist up liner stays very defined and not dull, so the line never applies too thick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeliner so much that I'm going to email Maybelline :). It's cheap, doesn't require sharpening and goes on easy. The best part is that it is completely water/smudge proof. I have put this product through scuba dives, sweaty workouts, long work days and a long cry or two and it still looks amazing. Pair it with Great Lash waterproof mascara and you're bulletproof!!!

on 3/14/2016 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to drug store eyeliner. I use the onyx shade. Its definitely not bulletproof but stays on longer and goes on easier than alot of drug store eyeliners I have used. It is a good price too. Between 6 and 8 bucks depending where you go.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible. Smudged everywhere.

on 1/11/2016 3:26:00 PM

Terrible, terrible, terrible. First of all, as soon as I opened it, half of it (broken) popped right out. I decided I'd try it on my eyes anyway. Greasy and smeared within hours, got the dreaded buildup on the outer corner of my eyes (I hate that!). I'm just chiming to to confirm that this product is indeed terrible.