Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky shampoo

Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky shampoo

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: 1% w/w Pyrithione Zinc. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Zinc Carbonate, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Recently I've had some dandruff. This is a little strange as this was never an issue before - it just came out of nowhere! Either way, my boyfriend said I should try head and shoulders. Within a week the dandruff was totally gone! This product works! I have rough/frizzy hair so I'm always careful about what I use but in all honesty this smooth and silky range is probably the best anti frizz shampoo/conditioner combo I've ever used. And I've tried the lot. Seriously impressed. It also smells great. I can feel already that it might cause some product build up (although this isn't an issue yet) so I'll need to alternate it with other shampoos probably. But that's fine. I'm SO impressed.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have used this particular line on and off several times and I was never really impressed with it.
I recently tried it again along with the matching conditioner.
I have to say the scent is nothing like a dandruff shampoo which is quite relieving.
However, I still dislike it. It smells like watermelon jolly rancher to me and I am just not a fan of scents like this.
I am pretty impressed with how it does seem to soften the hair.
It does not do too much for frizz but the hair is soft and shiny making it easier to tame.
As for dandruff control it works pretty well. Not great but together with the conditioner it does work better.
I prefer the new lavender scent to this one but this works decently if you are dealing with mild flaking.

Sometimes I will use a medium amount, applied only to the top of my head and massage into the scalp well, to cleanse any product out of my hair and remove any flakes if there is any.
Then I will take a smaller amount again concentrating on the scalp especially any affected areas and then squeeze the lather into the length of my hair and allow it to stay a about a minute and then rinse out.
Followed my the conditioner applying conditioner to any problems areas on the scalp as well.
This does not make my hair greasy which is nice. I am going to try another scent and see how that works compared to this.
I just do not like the candy scent. My daughter is 7 and she also got tired of it quickly.

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/25/2015 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really love this! It smells good and it does what it says...makes my hair silky and smooth. I honestly don't find that I need a conditioner because the shampoo is moisturizing enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Once fall and winter came around my skin and hair started getting very dry. I noticed some dandruff so of course I went for an anti dandruff shampoo. This stuff is alright. It smells nice, leaves my hair soft.. It hydrates my hair and doesn't weigh it down, unless it's the second day, then my hair is oily as fuh. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase as I want to branch out and try other drugstore shampoos. If you have fine hair that gets easily oily and a sensitive scalp I probably wouldn't recommend this.

on 11/3/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

cured my dry and flaky scalp in a month.

on 8/5/2014 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suffer from terrible dandruff. I came to this shampoo just because I was done with itching my scalp. I chose smooth and silky because my hair tends to get dried out from the other ones in this line. This didn't keep away the flakes, and when I was out of the shower I was already feeling the itches come back. The smell is ok.... and this weighed down my hair. After doing research I realized that this shampoo causes build up which worsens dandruff. So, I ditched this shampoo. I am now doing great with my own natural remedies for the scalp and it has worked better then ever.. may even have cured it all together! BUT, if you use this as your regular shampoo I suggest you stop because this shampoo has been said to make dandruff worse. That being said, everyones results are different! This didn't cure my dandruff and even if it temporarily relieved it, it wasn't worth it. It made my hair look terrible and thin. So if you are going through this try some other remedy. Natural remedies such as olive oil and tea tree work wonders! (what I am using) do a google search.

on 5/13/2014 12:22:00 PM

Won't use again. This shampoo did relieve my itchy dry scalp somewhat but I swear I must have 20-30 strands of hair fall out. I brushed my hair a bit at first then slightly ran my hand over to my horror to have a handful of hair strands. ( I expect a little hair to come out after washing my hair, but this was terrible) thank goodness I have thicker hair but I can imagine with continued use of this crap that wouldn't last to long.

on 4/20/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It works great at first, I seriously stop having dandruff and my hair smells nice all the time. However after about 1 month it just stop being a magic. You know what I mean.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

horrible, just horrible!

made my scalp itchy and my hair started falling in clumps. threw a half full bottle of it in the bin. won't buy again

[Update] Use a residue-removing shampoo every several washes. It will build up and make your hair weighed down and unrepsonsive to styling.

I don't understand the 'lower' buy back rating. This shampoo makes my hair silky and shiny AND it effectively got rid of my scalp problems (itching, occassional abrasion). Using it feels like I'm actually using a cleansing conditioner: you don't get a whole lot of lather and your hair feels more buttery after using it; I even find that I need less conditioner. The shine this product gives my hair is awesome and it smooths out my shafts too.

Popular Shampoos