C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

love this stuff! Keeps my lips so moisturized and nice I put this on before I go to bed and wake up In the morning my lips so hydrated. This is also a great balm to wear on a daily basis. it is perfect for my no makeup days where I still want something on my lips. great purchase !

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail lip product! This is the only lip treatment that I have used consistently for years. There is a slight fragrance that doesn't bother me, my boyfriend loves the smell of it when I have it on though! Keeps my lips feeling moisturized and looking and feeling soft. I've also used it on my cuticles at times or dry patches on my body.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It's a very iconic jar but sometimes can be hard to open and unhygienic.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It really smells like roses and the packaging is cute; use a small scoop to scrape the product out to avoid contamination. It makes my lips feel moisturized and look plump and glossy. Apply a generous amount on your lips every night and they will look better in the morning. I also apply some on my cuticles and they look and feel softer. The amount you get for the price is wonderful; I got mine from bath and body works. Sometimes they have a buy two get one free; snatch these while you have the chance since it's a small investment and they run out quickly!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I put this on in the morning, I apply it again at night. Makes my lips feel soft, smooth and moist.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

This has helped my lashes look like have mascara on and dry lips and even my knees for spring and after tanning lotion to hold tan color. I been using it for 12 years today and formula is true and hoping they don't change it. I bought it at bath and body works with special gift and paid for last 4 in stock lolz love it. Less mascara during no day makeup days or gym is best. The tin is annoying and suggest rubber band together untighten faster or jar in other cute little tubs they sell dollar tree.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had heard about this salve on and off for a couple of years and finally decided to see what all the fuss was about and now I have two tins of this haha.

I live in Canada, when I purchased this I believe it roughly came up to $6? I don't find the price to be bad at all. I generally pay a similar price for my Burt's Bees balm, and that only contains 4.25 g whereas this salve contains 22 g. That's typically how it goes for products in a tin though, usually you get more than you would in a regular stick.

I like to use this salve before bed and in the morning, I let it soak into my lips. I only ever use it at home because it is in a tin so I need to use a finger to apply it and I don't feel comfortable doing so when I've been touching things in public. I find that my lips have been feeling a lot softer and they haven't been peeling. I also love to use this under any lipsticks I wear as I find it completely smooths out any lines in my lips. I personally feel like it may make the lipsticks I put on appear glossier, but I also don't own any matte lipsticks so that might just be their natural appearance. Either way, I love the look it gives because I don't personally enjoy matte products.

There are only two cons I have about the product, although only one is why I took a lippie off:

I personally don't like the smell. That said, I don't like floral scents and this is a *rose* salve, so I expected that I wouldn't like the scent. The good news is that I don't find the scent lingers at all - once it's applied I can't smell it anymore so it's really not a big deal.

The packaging is the bigger issue, for me and that is why I'm giving the product 4 stars instead of 5. I think the tin itself looks adorable, don't get me wrong. I love the colour and I love how they went for a vintage look. However, I have two issues with it.
A.) As I mentioned earlier I don't feel comfortable using the balm in public because it's in a tin and I have to apply it with a finger. I believe I've seen on amazon or another place that this does come in a tube though...? I'll have to look into it.
B.) This thing can be tough to get open. It's not all the time though, sometimes it opens easily and I don't even think about it. Other times I have to resort to wrapping an elastic band along the top or bottom in order to get a good grip to open up the balm. This can be frustrating, and it is the main reason it has 4 stars.

I do highly recommend this product though. I personally feel like it has made my lips much softer and smoother and it really isn't a bad price - you do get quite a bit of product! I haven't used this on any place other than my lips as I have different moisturizers and I don't think putting something scented like this on my face would do so well as I do have sensitive skin. As a lip balm though, I can and do vouch for it.

Love this product so much! I've been using this for 7 years now and I still repurchase it as soon as I run out. My daily lip balm is Palmer's cocoa butter lip balm but lately due to the cold Texas weather and my love of liquid lipsticks, my lips have been cracking and bleeding. I found my trusty rose salve and left it on over night and my lips felt so much better the next day. I would defiantly reccomend giving it a shot since its really moisturizing and can be used on cuticles, elbows, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite lip treatments. Great bang for your buck! At first, you may feel like the Rose scent is too strong, but you will get used to it and soon wont even notice it. This product seriously softens lips and is super easy to apply. It also is longer lasting than many other products. Plus it adds a small hue of pink to your lips!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was ok but you can buy a big jar of a much similar product at the store and it does exactly the same thing. I also hate these little tins they are terrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love everything about this product. I use it to treat my chronically chapped lips and awful cuticles. The texture is so silky and moisturizing and the very sheer tint is a natural peachy pink. The only thing I don't like is that the scent doesn't smell like roses at all. It's actually a sickly sweet vanilla-ish scent. Only con though and it's worth it!