OPI Have a Tempura Tan-Trum

Have a Tempura Tan-Trum

3.8

on 2/16/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really like the pinkish-nude color, but it's a three coater. Gah!

on 8/14/2012 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a nice nude peach colour. Its an off cream/peach colour. Its flattering on my skin which is more yellow based. I would recommend.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Love, love, love! Lately I've really been loving the nude polish look. It was a bit difficult trying to find the "right nude" for my skintone. This polish looks different on everyone. On some it's more peach and on others it's more beige or pink. For me, it's perfect. The formula is a little difficult but not unbearable. Definitely a three coater and as others have already suggested, a ridge filler helps even it out. This shade is still available online and not hard to find. Will repurchase if I manage to finish the bottle.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this opaque creme beige colour. It's wearable for everyday and every season. It's one of the first polishes I bought when I was in my early twenties and felt like I needed to start dressing/styling more like an adult. And I've been reaching for it ever since (like 5 years, revived once with thinner). I do need 3 coats for the best result. Ufortuntately I believe it has been discontinued :(

pretty color, but consistency was terribly milky for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

From the Japan collection (2005). This collection had 3 nudes - tempura is the peach based nude.

I really love the thin brush that the old style OPI had - so I think application of this is quite easy. I got opaque in just 2 coats - but a 3rd coat provided a more polished look.

3 ways to use this...

1. Alone - a pale peach nude that gives a well groomed look
2. With white tips as a peach based french mani
3. As a pale base for glitter top coats that are a bit to sheer to wear alone (like OPIs happy anniversary and hollywood blonde)

Happy to have in my collection x

I like this at three coats, and it takes on an almost chalky effect against my super-pale skin, but that's what I was going for with this color. Suits me well in the winter months.

I really love Tempura. It looks really neat as you don't really see this colour around much :D

It went on smoothly for me. Three coats were what it needed to look its best. The formula was really nice, not hard at all for me to work with.

It did remind me of my foundation though hehe

on 2/5/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous, light pink polish with peach undertones. It applies completely opaque after three coats (the first coat is definitely streaky, the second is good, but I like to apply three). It has a high shine finish and is unique because it has a glow. It's not a boring, plain light pink polish, though it is definitely work-appropriate. It has a sort of lit-from-within look that I don't get from any other polish I own.
This is my absolute favorite polish. No tip wear until the fourth day of my manicure, and I use my hands a lot, so the wear is excellent. My bottle did not come with the pro wide brush, but I like the smaller brush because it's more precise anyway. I am thrilled with this.
(I ordered this with Hopelessly in Love, and while they look similar in the bottle, they are completely different.)

on 2/10/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this colour. It takes 3 coats to get the best out of it. The 1st coat is very streaky. The formula is hard to control as it's quite chalky. However, this peachy/pinky polish is a must to have as it's so pretty on my olive skin tone. It's discontinued since but not hard to find on the Internet.

Popular Polishes