MAC Prep + Prime Skin

MAC Prep + Prime Skin

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Sucrose, Isopentyldiol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Myristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Saccharide Isomerate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Alumina, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sialyllactose, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol Prep & Prime Skin may contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For 31 dollars plus tax this did not do it for me. The product itself is nice and smooth and it feels nice on the skin but i feel like it did nothing for me. It has a shimmery sheen to it so im assuming that its that way to blurr out pores but it honestly did not do that for me. Nice packaging because it has a pump but other than that i feel like i was using more of a moisturizer rather than what a primer is supposed to do...

on 5/11/2016 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I very rarely repurchase products. Just because there are so many great things out there I wanna try. But I recently ordered my second one of this. I had used it years ago and loved it but wanted to try different brands. Never found anything as good. I only use it on my T-zone cause the rest of my face is dry as feck.
It keeps my mu in place all day and doesn't feel heavy like other primers do. I usually use very sheer coverage foundations or even tinted moisturizer and it makes it all look very natural.

To Read all 735 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/11/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was very enthusiastic about this product. I did not mind that it was overpriced, because I thought I was buying something really good. Before this I had Napoleon perdis auto pilot which I loved. My face was smooth like canvas after application. But it made my skin tight up so I thought I need something more suitable for dry skin. I decided for this product specially because a saleswoman in Mac shop in Poland recommended it as ideal solution for my skin type. And it was a mistake!
Mac prep and prime makes my skin dry and matte in a bad way. Foundation looks like a mask. It is unbearable for me and I could not wait to get home and take my make up off. When I do not use this product my skin looks much better. Never buy it again, goodbuy 30Euro, file like crying!

on 5/3/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received a deluxe sample of this with a Mac order and I'm very pleased with this product. It's not greasy or matte. I wear Mac face & body over this and I feel like it keeps it in place longer than some of my other primers. It appears to have little micro-shimmers in the product, but there is absolutely zero shimmer on the face. It absorbs into my skin nicely and I really like this product. I would use this when I'm not wanting a glowy base.

on 4/17/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a generous 0.2 oz tube of this with a recent MAC order. After testing it on my hand, I decided that I better use it on my face on a Sunday because it was very sparkly (micro glitter, but very visible) and gave my hand skin an odd slightly bluish plastic look. Today was Sunday and I put a light layer on over my regular sunscreen. It looked oddly unnatural on my NW20 skin but I proceeded with my foundation because it was Sunday and I didn't need to look my best. What a disaster!! I had to remove it all and start again. In the garbage it goes.

on 4/6/2016 5:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this just because its MAC and it cant go wrong. But the fact is - I found it very irritating. My skin couldn't breathe. its very thick and I was sweating horribly. Forger protecting my makeup, my foundation got removed within half an hour. I hated it so much that I didn't use it at all and returned it to the store with other 5 containers to get a free a lipstick.

Later I found No.7 Stay Perfect Primer that's become my HG primer & now its out of stock for months... imagine my luck!

on 3/28/2016 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and get super dry even chapped skin when I apply this. That makes my face look terrible with foundation although I like the glitter on my face and the dewy finish. I don't really notice the oil control but I guess it's good, it keeps my make up stay all day in outdoor and hot day.

on 3/17/2016 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product. I have dry skin and I apply it before and after my make up. It really gives me a nice glow. The other day my boyfriend told me I looked well rested. Its the Prep+Prime! It's awesome!

on 3/9/2016 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, and this primer did not help to mattify my skin. (Read tip* at the end if you got no choice but have to use this coz its $$$!)

I used this after my clinique moisturiser. I use MAC pro longwear foundation, and concealer on top of this, followed by MAC powder and Laura Mercier Loose Powder to set.
It did allow foundation to glide on nicely, and i find that my makeup is still on my face 4 hours after application (when i dont blot that is). Yes makeup is still there however, my face was really oily (1.5 clean&clear blotters worth kinda oily)!

Usually, with this product, I have to blot my face at least 2 hours after makeup application. By the 4th hour, i notice the blusher isn't as bright as it was when i first applied. i'll have to blot every 2-3 hours.

**TIP to make skin LESS oily (read: less, not completely matte).
i learnt from this 'Goss' guy on YT. after this MAC primer, brush your face w the loose powder (laura mercier for me) , and then apply foundation and the rest. Then brush w loose powder again at the end to set, this is before you apply blusher of course.

I found that my face was looking less oily for longer as compared to other days when i only set my makeup at the end. It looked dewy actually (truthfully its the oil surfacing slowly which made the dewy look).
Note: Eventually you will need the blotter, this trick just slows down the greasy look.

will not repurchase, I am trying skindinavia primer & setting spray next.

on 3/3/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Soooooooo wish I had read the reviews before purchasing. I have tried this product so many ways and the result is the same - oil slick!!! I just don't get the hype over this.