MAC Prep + Prime Skin

MAC Prep + Prime Skin

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Sucrose, Isopentyldiol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Myristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Saccharide Isomerate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Alumina, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sialyllactose, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol Prep & Prime Skin may contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm pretty obsessed with this primer. Before I started doing my skin care treatments with my dermatologist I had large pores and it did a good job covering them up and not making them as noticeable. Now that my skins not as bad I still go to this primer and it makes my skin look flawless.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I Love this! I'm surprised by all the bad reviews. It spreads easily and makes my skin look so smooth. I have actually worn this without foundation it does such a great job. I do have oily skin and I can't recall having a huge issue when I wore this out during the day. The glitter doesn't bother me, I actually haven't even noticed it. I currently wear this under their new Next to Nothing foundation and powder and have had to add Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone to my T-Zone since I started using a heavier creme moisturizer (Neal's Yard Frankincense Creme.)

For reference before I used this, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and powder and I find using this with Next to Nothing is even BETTER.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product lasts a really long time but I did not like the fact that it had glitter in the formula and it was just so oily for me.

on 3/7/2017 4:03:00 PM

. I received a delux sample of this with a purchase from Mac. Felt nice and smooth going on. Didn't blur my pore or fine lines at all, which is something I always hope for from a primer. The deal breaker for me was the GLITTER in the formula. Wtf? I was left with a face full of iridescent glitter and had to wipe it off. So incredibly disappointing and upsetting. Mac has rarely disappointed me but this is a total thumbs down.
😢

on 2/28/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I loved this honestly? It went on smooth and made my foundation go on really nicely on top!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the worst primers I have ever used. I have one problem with this product, but it's a big one - glitter. Not shimmer, not "radiance", but a crap ton of glitter all over my damned face!

Texture wise, it does feel like a nice product and I do believe it created a good base for my foundation, but I cannot get past the sparkles.

I know some people have stated that the glitter isn't very noticeable but this really wasn't the case for me. Granted, I use a magnifying mirror to apply my makeup as I'm very short sighted, but I genuinely looked like a unicorn had farted in my face. As a teenager growing up in the nineties I would have probably smeared this stuff all over myself just for the hell of it, but as a 33 year old woman I felt nothing short of ridiculous.

For reference, the foundation I used with this primer was Illamasqua's skin base. I apply this very lightly with a damp beauty blender so maybe you'll have more luck if you use a more full coverage, matte foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this many moons ago. I started to get huge cystic acne from this primer. Run for the hills. There are much better primers out there.

on 12/12/2016 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm constantly looking for a replacement for my old favourite every day primer - The Jan Marini primer, which have been taken out of production. So sad about that! I bought this primer to see if it could live up to my demands, but no. This is a nice primer, but the effect is not as long lasting as I would like it. No wow-effect! It has a bit of glitter in the formula, and I'm not sure what to think of that. It might be nice for a party now and then, but for parties I go to my HG Primer (Hourglass No28 primer serum) as I don't think MAC will last throughtout my kind of party evenings :-) - for daily use at the office it just looks weird walking around with glitter all over my face.

It has silicones in it, for those who wants to avoid that (I actually like them in my primers).

The bottle is black, so it's hard to see how much is left, which is always a bad thing in my book. I usually have one or two cheap backups if something runs out, but still. Basically, this is an ordinary primer, but comes with a reasonable price tag. I won't buy it again, I will still be on the lookout (thinking of trying Cover FX next, as it's supposed to be very similar with the Jan Marini one) for the perfect every day primer.

on 12/5/2016 3:14:00 AM

This primer has been my holy grail for a while. It seems to be one of the only good primers that doesn't break me out. Plus it's got a bit of glitter in it to give your face a nice shine.
Not a big fan of the packaging as you can't really see or feel when you are going to run out and the price is pretty steep I feel, for a primer anyway.
When you do research on primers, most seem to have the same thing.
My makeup lasts relatively well when I wear this. Goes really well with the mac studio fix powder.
If you're searching for a primer that won't cause a breakout, I'd definitely recommend this.

on 11/11/2016 9:49:00 PM

Ive been using this since in my mid 20s up til now. Probably went thru 4 bottles of these babies already. There was once, i used a different primer, but i really hated the way my makeup look. Then when i finished with that primer, i immediately went back to get MAC Prep and Primer again. With this primer, it makes my skin look smoothier under liquid/powder foundation or loose powder (on the days i dnt feel like wearing anything heavy underneath), it does prolong my makeup, has adequate oil control properties for moderately oily skin (unless that you're super oily, then u better off with a heavy duty oil controlling primer). Pump works great, it dispenses just the right amount, 1 pump is enough to cover my whole face, tho it bugs me that i cnt see the amount left in the bottle but that just me. The faint scent doesnt bother me at all, it smells refreshing to my nose and i love it, and so does the the itty bitty shimmer, when most ppl here complaints about how the shimmer bothers them, when it really is extremely fine type of shimmer, u barely sees it unless u stick your face 10cm from the mirror. I mean come on people, i honestly dont think u'll end up looking like a discoball. It has a semi matte coverage when i put this on, definitely not a flat matte. It works really well with my MAC foundations and even with my fave full coverage foundation like Estee Lauder Double Wear. Even tho it is my fave primer, i still need to get another primer (Benefit Porefessional) for my enlarged pores around my cheeks areas, as it did nothing for them. But then again, its not then primer fault anyway, i have a crappy skin.