TRESemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo

TRESemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo

4.1

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dmdm Hydantoin, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Green 5 (Ci 61570), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin.

on 2/28/2017 7:42:00 AM

After recently finding out that the clarifying shampoo I used to use had been discontinued the search was on for a new one.

I found this one on special and just fell in love with it. I love how it smells and it makes my hair feel wonderfully clean. The 390ml bottle is just right for the shower as its easy to handle and fits into my shower caddy so well. I I have purchased the larger size bottle of this to refill it when I need to.

For me it definitely does what it promises to do and I have not personally had any issues with dryness or anything else as some have experienced. I also only use it as needed.

If only I could find a conditioner that made me as happy as this shampoo does. Sadly the companion conditioner for this range just didn't work for me. Didn't like anything about it at all So the search for a new conditioner continues but I have found my HG Cleansing Shampoo :-)

on 2/3/2017 3:45:00 AM

My shampoo is called "multi-vitamins" so I think this product has been renamed.

This is, without a doubt, one of the best shampoos I have ever tried. You know how most clarifying shampoos leave hair dry, tangly and, in my case, uber-frizzy? This is nothing like that! I always expect to have a good hair day when I've used this shampoo. This stuff leaves hair clean, bouncy, very shiny and absolutely not tangly. I can almost run my fingers through my hair after using this (and before conditioner). It just does all it's supposed to do (deep cleansing) beautifully, but without all the usual set-backs clarifying products are known for. And when I use this I get one extra day of non-oily hair so it allows me to stretch my wash. Great for using i.e. when planning a long weekend away, but I'm not in the mood to lose time washing and styling hair while away.

The only con I can think of is the bulky, manly packaging. I really wouldn't mind a prettier packaging! But all the good stuff outweighs the bad. Beautiful product.

Good to know: I use it approximately once a week to remove product buildup. I always pair it with a hair mask - my weekly treatment. On the times I don't use this shampoo + mask, I use a non-sulphate shampoo and a conditioner. Because I use a non-sulphate shampoo and silicone-based styling products (oils, heat protectant, leave-in protein treatment), I use this once a week. Had I used "regular" shampoos with sulphates, I would probably use this every two or three weeks or maybe even once a month instead.

As the name says, this stuff is heavy-duty and deep cleansing so you should definitely only use it when you need some extra help cleaning your hair! Not to be used everyday. I see some negative reviews and I am willing to bet that they're due to people over-using this stuff.

on 10/18/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Alright, so this is going to sound crazy, but here goes: this is my HG shampoo, but I wish it wasn't.

I have fine, long, virgin hair and lots of it. I get product buildup quickly. I love trying out new shampoos, but most shampoos cause my hair to feel gunky and not-so-clean.

Worse yet, a lot of shampoos make my hair flat and prone to tangles and split-ends. So, I need a clarifying shampoo paired with a rich conditioner. This shampoo fits the shampoo bill. But, I dislike the packaging and the product's scent. To me, the bottle is awkward and looks ugly in my shower, and the shampoo smells like that free hotel shampoo (yuck).

PROS
- Great at clarifying
- Does not cause product buildup, unlike most other shampoos in my experience (some cause buildup immediately, others cause build up over time)
- Hair feels light
- Hair looks shiny
- Gel formulation makes a little shampoo go a long way
- Leaves hair clean for 2-3 days (whereas other shampoos make my hair look like sh*t by the second day)
- Cost-effective

CONS
- Smells cheap
- The bottle is awkward
- No pump, despite being a weirdly heavy bottle
- Opaque packaging makes it unclear how much you have left
- It's a huge bottle (I like to change up my routine ~for fun~ so I always feel guilty leaving this half finished...but I do always end up going back to it when the new shampoo inevitably sucks :/ )

So, this shampoo is my HG because I always end up going back to it and it is reliable. But, I wish this formulation was with a ~cooler~ brand, or alternatively, I wish TRESemme had better bottles or a better scent. But, maybe I'm asking too much of a drugstore shampoo.

WARNING: The Remosturizing conditioner that is part of this duo is GARBAGE. The conditioner works well to shave your legs and armpits, but it doesn't moisturize your locks whatsoever. It is a light formula and it leaves my hair worse than it would be if I hadn't used it in the first place. I use the Deep Cleanse shampoo with the Smooth and Silky conditioner or the Platinum Strength conditioner and my long strands thank me for it—guys, trust me on this.

If, for whatever reason, you think my hair sounds like yours, or you have similar buildup issues, I've made a list of products that I've used and abhorred and others that are decent.

For instance, the following shampoos have caused terrible product buildup in my hair, to the point where I end up donating the leftover product: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special, Dove Daily Moisture, Pantene Ice Shine, Pantene Aqua Light, Pantene Classic Care, L'Oreal Nutri-Shimmer Crystal, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, and everything Garnier has ever.

These products, on the other hand, are good shampoos, but cause buildup over prolonged use (i.e. more than one bottle in a row): Dove Volume Shampoo, Aveeno, Redken, Herbal Essences Drama Clean, Herbal Essences Break's Over (discontinued, I believe), and Head and Shoulders Ocean Lift.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This may have been renamed as mine says multivitamin instead of vitamin c. This shampoo is excellent at removing build up and leaving hair clean and soft. Never have I seen dirt being washed out of my hair before using this shampoo. It doesn't strip hair of natural oils, it simply cleans and removes grease, dirt and build up of products. I will never be without this shampoo now as it almost feels like a detox for my hair. I highly recommend it especially to those with longer hair.

on 4/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well my hair looked a little shaggy after useing this but I suspect that's do to months of buildup gone. My hair feels and looks thicker there is also more lift at the roots. only downside is the conditioner does not condition well enough.

on 3/18/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works great! My hair is really bad to get build-up from hair products, and this shampoo eliminates that completely. My hair looks and feels so clean without getting dried out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Does exactly what it claims to do - deep cleanses without stripping the hair or drying it out. I don't use this every day as I think that would probably be overkill, but once or twice a week alongside my regular hair care routine and this stuff works like magic to rid my hair of any product build up, leaving it soft and shiny. Since using this up I've repurchased another bigger bottle (I think it's a 700ml one) and my only gripe with that is that it's too heavy to pick up in the shower when your hands are wet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love :) This gets my hair and scalp clean without overly stripping. It leaves my hair soft and bouncy. I use with the volume conditioner. Love the price and love that there is no Sodium LAURYL Sulfate. I know that Sodium LAURETH Sulfate is not too bad for your hair, despite the bad rep. Love the smell too!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Tresemme is the best for girls on a tight budget, as they often go on sale for $5 each, with 900ml of product, great value that last for a long while! I often reach for it if I feel I have put too much product in my hair again, and want that softness without greasy tresses back. It has the Tresemme scent that actually lingers even up to the next wash (every second day for me). Same with most deep cleaning shampoos, please take care to condition your locks afterwards.

This shampoo does exactly what it says it will! Deep cleans. I wouldn't recommend using it too often however because it dries out hair a little bit. For me, that's okay though, I had horrible build up in my hair that was weighing it down and made it look dull and limp. I tried this shampoo the other day and you can immediately feel your hair come CLEAN! I used a very moisturizing conditioner to counteract the drying effect. My hair feels so clean and light. Probably going to use every week or two. :)

Popular Shampoos