TRESemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo

TRESemme Vitamin C Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dmdm Hydantoin, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Green 5 (Ci 61570), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Biotin.

on 10/18/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Alright, so this is going to sound crazy, but here goes: this is my HG shampoo, but I wish it wasn't.

I have fine, long, virgin hair and lots of it. I get product buildup quickly. I love trying out new shampoos, but most shampoos cause my hair to feel gunky and not-so-clean.

Worse yet, a lot of shampoos make my hair flat and prone to tangles and split-ends. So, I need a clarifying shampoo paired with a rich conditioner. This shampoo fits the shampoo bill. But, I dislike the packaging and the product's scent. To me, the bottle is awkward and looks ugly in my shower, and the shampoo smells like that free hotel shampoo (yuck).

PROS
- Great at clarifying
- Does not cause product buildup, unlike most other shampoos in my experience (some cause buildup immediately, others cause build up over time)
- Hair feels light
- Hair looks shiny
- Gel formulation makes a little shampoo go a long way
- Leaves hair clean for 2-3 days (whereas other shampoos make my hair look like sh*t by the second day)
- Cost-effective

CONS
- Smells cheap
- The bottle is awkward
- No pump, despite being a weirdly heavy bottle
- Opaque packaging makes it unclear how much you have left
- It's a huge bottle (I like to change up my routine ~for fun~ so I always feel guilty leaving this half finished...but I do always end up going back to it when the new shampoo inevitably sucks :/ )

So, this shampoo is my HG because I always end up going back to it and it is reliable. But, I wish this formulation was with a ~cooler~ brand, or alternatively, I wish TRESemme had better bottles or a better scent. But, maybe I'm asking too much of a drugstore shampoo.

WARNING: The Remosturizing conditioner that is part of this duo is GARBAGE. The conditioner works well to shave your legs and armpits, but it doesn't moisturize your locks whatsoever. It is a light formula and it leaves my hair worse than it would be if I hadn't used it in the first place. I use the Deep Cleanse shampoo with the Smooth and Silky conditioner or the Platinum Strength conditioner and my long strands thank me for it—guys, trust me on this.

If, for whatever reason, you think my hair sounds like yours, or you have similar buildup issues, I've made a list of products that I've used and abhorred and others that are decent.

For instance, the following shampoos have caused terrible product buildup in my hair, to the point where I end up donating the leftover product: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special, Dove Daily Moisture, Pantene Ice Shine, Pantene Aqua Light, Pantene Classic Care, L'Oreal Nutri-Shimmer Crystal, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, and everything Garnier has ever.

These products, on the other hand, are good shampoos, but cause buildup over prolonged use (i.e. more than one bottle in a row): Dove Volume Shampoo, Aveeno, Redken, Herbal Essences Drama Clean, Herbal Essences Break's Over (discontinued, I believe), and Head and Shoulders Ocean Lift.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This may have been renamed as mine says multivitamin instead of vitamin c. This shampoo is excellent at removing build up and leaving hair clean and soft. Never have I seen dirt being washed out of my hair before using this shampoo. It doesn't strip hair of natural oils, it simply cleans and removes grease, dirt and build up of products. I will never be without this shampoo now as it almost feels like a detox for my hair. I highly recommend it especially to those with longer hair.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well my hair looked a little shaggy after useing this but I suspect that's do to months of buildup gone. My hair feels and looks thicker there is also more lift at the roots. only downside is the conditioner does not condition well enough.

on 3/18/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works great! My hair is really bad to get build-up from hair products, and this shampoo eliminates that completely. My hair looks and feels so clean without getting dried out!

Love this! Does exactly what it claims to do - deep cleanses without stripping the hair or drying it out. I don't use this every day as I think that would probably be overkill, but once or twice a week alongside my regular hair care routine and this stuff works like magic to rid my hair of any product build up, leaving it soft and shiny. Since using this up I've repurchased another bigger bottle (I think it's a 700ml one) and my only gripe with that is that it's too heavy to pick up in the shower when your hands are wet!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love :) This gets my hair and scalp clean without overly stripping. It leaves my hair soft and bouncy. I use with the volume conditioner. Love the price and love that there is no Sodium LAURYL Sulfate. I know that Sodium LAURETH Sulfate is not too bad for your hair, despite the bad rep. Love the smell too!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Tresemme is the best for girls on a tight budget, as they often go on sale for $5 each, with 900ml of product, great value that last for a long while! I often reach for it if I feel I have put too much product in my hair again, and want that softness without greasy tresses back. It has the Tresemme scent that actually lingers even up to the next wash (every second day for me). Same with most deep cleaning shampoos, please take care to condition your locks afterwards.

This shampoo does exactly what it says it will! Deep cleans. I wouldn't recommend using it too often however because it dries out hair a little bit. For me, that's okay though, I had horrible build up in my hair that was weighing it down and made it look dull and limp. I tried this shampoo the other day and you can immediately feel your hair come CLEAN! I used a very moisturizing conditioner to counteract the drying effect. My hair feels so clean and light. Probably going to use every week or two. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a seriously bad shampoo. I'm looking for a good clarifier that's cheaper than my favorite, Lush's Big shampoo. This is so not it! I knew things weren't going well when it didn't feel as if the lather got all the way to my scalp. I washed three times and my hair still didn't feel clean...? As it dried, it seemed to have made my hair greasier somehow. Finally I did end up with greasy patches, which is the worst! My hair was straw like in some places and oily in others. In the middle of the night, I could not stop scratching my scalp. It was as if a layer of grease was clogging my hair follicles. At 3 am, I actually got up to wash my hair because I was so miserable. I scrubbed three times with Big and a Toni & Guy sample size I had sitting around. Whew, no more itch and clean hair!! Needless to say this stuff is going straight in the bin. I actually like other Tresemme products, like the 24 Hour Body shampoo and the Platinum conditioners, but I will leave this one well alone.

on 8/1/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This shampoo is true to its word, it is extremely deep cleansing. I probably should've realized this at CVS before buying a huge bottle of this shampoo. I'm one of those people who's addicted to washing my hair everyday. I have long, pin straight, silky black hair. I used to use Herbal Essences shampoo before this and got compliments all the time for having such soft hair. This sounds weird, but I did notice a slight decline in the compliments people gave me after using this shampoo. It is certainly deep cleansing, but would be better suited to a person who didn't wash their hair everyday. It is quite strong and completely strips my hair. Also, I find, even with the matching conditioner, I do lose quite a bit of hair shampooing with this. It is my fault that I don't really enjoy this shampoo because it does say deep cleansing on the bottle, but it does strip your hair a lot, even just on the first wash.

Popular Shampoos