MAC Cosmetics Satin - Mylar

No Image

3.9

on 11/23/2013 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A great shade to highlight the brow bone or to add some light into the corner of the eye.

I also sometimes use this all over the lid and tightline my eyes for a clean 'no make-up' look. As always with any eyeshadow, I use UDPP under it as I have oily lids. I've deducted a lippy as it does create slightly when I use it this way even with primer.

No sparkle on my skin, but luminates beautifully - a must have for me.

I got this while searching for a pale, semi-matte shade for my browbone as I've started getting away from shimmery highlights. I'm trying to keep my browbone shades close to my skintone while still being an actual highlight. This certainly fits the bill! It highlights without being too shimmery or ashy. Blends well into my skin and helps to blend my crease shade as well. Love this shade!

on 6/29/2013 4:22:00 AM

The perfect highlighter shade for pale girls wanting to achieve a classical, polished but not overdone look. It`s sheer and transparent, not providing definite pink or golden hues like so many cheap highlighters. Just a fresh brightening gleam. Perfect in combination with nudes like naked lunch or era. Love it!

Mylar. Satin pale highlighter. No beige or anything warm in it. Pale white.
I really like this one. It can be very subtle for a day at work or more dramatic for a night out - it all depends on how much you put on. It's buildable. I actually put it sometimes on my lid (one third of a lid, two other thirds- copperplate) and it's a very nice greyish look. Got many compliments.

On my NC20-25 skin Mylar makes for a very natural highlight... it's great for a "no makeup, makeup". It is very neutral meaning it doesn't lean pink or yellow, which many highlighters can do. It has a very subtle sheen to it, although this isn't readily seen once applied to the eye. Overal I really like Mylar, but I'm not sure that I will need to repurchase anytime soon, because 90% of the time I use Vanilla.

on 10/20/2011 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Mylar was recommended to me by a MAC makeup artist. But when I started reading the reviews here I was very hesitant to buy it because most people are pretty negative towards Mylar. But I am so glad that I bought it because this is my number one highlight! I have a very pale complexion so this colour is just a little bit lighter than my own skin tone. I use this to highlight my browbone and to blend my crease colour. I like that it's not shimmery and it gives me a very natural look. Absolutely love this eyeshadow, but maybe only for fair toned skin.

on 5/13/2011 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Superb highlight for the inner corner and brow. Slight irredesence makes it a perfect subtle day time highlight.

RIS this eyeshadow is good for that day time look of wearing no makeup. Some people like that ... it just doesn't do enough for me as a highlight. It's an ok wash of color to put on the lid before putting other eyeshadows on to help them blend a little better, but that's really it.

on 9/9/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted Nylon - but she gave me mylar - they are both brow bone highlighters.

I just hit pan on my Vanilla and was planning on repurchasing it again. The make-up artist at MAC suggested I try Mylar as an alternative. Very happy that I did! Gorgeous, smooth, and satiny shade of creamy white that compliments my pale complexion as a hi-light for under my brow bone. The colour is very soft in appearance, not harsh or drastic "I'm wearing white"colour. Easy colour to blend and wear for many looks too.