MAC Satin - Mylar

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.5

I genuinely hate this eyeshadow, for me personally it was a waste of 9.50! after watching afew videos on youtube i thought this would be a lovely addition to my "neutrals" palette and i was really upset to find i was wrong! As i swatched the shadow there was nothing to be seen and when i tested it on my eyes, again nothing to be seen! Really disapointed :( x

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had been looking for a very neutral, close to my skin tone eye shadow. I was hoping for it to be just a shade or two darker than my skintone, so I could pair it with eyeliner for a perfect Marilyn Monroe look. I told the artists this, and time after time they sent me home with eyeshadows that I ended up being very displeased with. Finally, while shopping with my boyfriend, I found...well, he found Mylar! I use it every day with almost every look! It's my favorite all around color!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I usually use shroom from MAC to highlight my brow bone, but my regular makeup artist at the pro store said i should try this to change it up and I love it.. I have tan skin and it works well with my pigment eye shadows.

on 1/26/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was looking for an off white to use to blend colors into my brow-bone and skin and this one is great. It really doesn't have much color pay off, so used as a white eyeshadow you probably wont be too satisfied, but I put on a pretty heavy hand of darker eyeshadow and use a large eyeshadow brush with mylar on it to buff out the color so it blends seamlessly. works well and you end up looking polished and pretty instead of a bright white disco ball.

on 5/24/2009 9:57:00 PM

I love to use matte creamy colored shades for a brow bone highlighter. I dont like shimmery brow bone highlighters so this is perfect for me.

on 3/19/2007 6:09:00 PM

This is a pretty basic off-white color, looks good on my cool NW15 skin, but is probably neutral enough to work on other skintones as well. I use this from lashline to brow - both as a highlighter and a base for when I do a natural eye with Era, Satin Taupe, Mystery, Blitz and Glitz fluidline. (My new natural HG look!) The Satin formula is lovely as ever, but I still think this is not one of the best representatives for the formula, for that Mylar applies a little less even than for example Era. I use the 239 brush with both, so the difference is noticeable. I think I might buy this again, because Mylar lends itself better to a natural eye than the usual frosty white highlighter. Edit: Now I am in love with it! This is basically a great matte highlighter for me as I do not tolerate to much glitter on my brow. You need to be pale to love this! (I think...)

on 5/31/2003 12:10:00 AM

Mylar is an off white color that I often use on my browbone as a highlighter. I also use this shade to tone down other shades.
This isn't the most exciting color and you can probably find a similar color in any other line.
This shadow stays put well so if I decided on a highend brand in this shade I'd pick this shadow.

on 2/4/2003 5:25:00 PM

A very pale, off-white shade that I bought as a base colour. However, it is a little too pale for my liking; it doesn't show up at all on me. Not something I would repurchase - too blah.