MAC Cosmetics Satin - Mylar

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Disappointed by this colour..
MAC were out of my usual Brule so I took this thinking it would be a great alternative.
I was wrong. Does not work like Brule FOR ME.

Mylar. Satin pale highlighter. No beige or anything warm in it. Pale white.
I really like this one. It can be very subtle for a day at work or more dramatic for a night out - it all depends on how much you put on. It's buildable. I actually put it sometimes on my lid (one third of a lid, two other thirds- copperplate) and it's a very nice greyish look. Got many compliments.

On my NC20-25 skin Mylar makes for a very natural highlight... it's great for a "no makeup, makeup". It is very neutral meaning it doesn't lean pink or yellow, which many highlighters can do. It has a very subtle sheen to it, although this isn't readily seen once applied to the eye. Overal I really like Mylar, but I'm not sure that I will need to repurchase anytime soon, because 90% of the time I use Vanilla.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had been looking for a very neutral, close to my skin tone eye shadow. I was hoping for it to be just a shade or two darker than my skintone, so I could pair it with eyeliner for a perfect Marilyn Monroe look. I told the artists this, and time after time they sent me home with eyeshadows that I ended up being very displeased with. Finally, while shopping with my boyfriend, I found...well, he found Mylar! I use it every day with almost every look! It's my favorite all around color!

on 9/9/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted Nylon - but she gave me mylar - they are both brow bone highlighters.

on 7/5/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Someone said it in a prior review: you must be pale to appreciate this eyeshadow. This is the lightest flesh-toned shadow that MAC sells. It's a creamy-white bone color. Its the alabaster shade of their permanant line. The obvious application for this is as a natural and neutral highlighter for very fair skin. And when I say fair, I mean fair as in MAC foundations are too dark for you. In fact, I purchased this shade after trying on all of their lighter flesh-toned shades while searching for a highlighter that suited my too-light-for-their-foundation skin tone. Everything else looked too dark and muddy.
The color can be found elsewhere but the advantage with this eyeshadow is the Satin finish, which catches the light just right -- not chalky like a matte and not too shiny like a frost.

on 3/18/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yikes, judging from the reviews it seems like I would have hated this but I love it. Maybe I just got lucky? I find it is very similar to Blanc Type in tone but of course the finish is Satin. I really enjoy Satin, it is one of my favorites behind Starflash and Veluxe Pearl.

Anyway, this is excellent as a tearduct or highlight. It isn't stark white which I feel looks unnatural on me. Don't get me wrong, white (i.e. Gesso) has its place, but I reserve something like that for going out (which I don't do often now that I'm pushing 35).

Back to Mylar...it is a beautiful creamy everyday color. It is easy to work with and I highly recommend adding it to your collection! I will buy this again and again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really can't make up my mind about this. One day I love it, and the next I hate it. It doens't have good pay off at all, but sometimes thats a good thing, when your going for more of a natural look. But most of the time I like highlighters with a little more intensity. I use it much, but I can't say I love it or hate it.

on 10/8/2009 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that I am a bit disapointed from that one... I can barely see it (and I put primer & beige paint under), not a big color payoff. However, I wanted a non-shimmery nor frosted shadow for highlight... I guess that I got what I wanted... It's pretty matte!

on 10/3/2009 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It is absolutely perfect on my skin as a brow highlighter. It is kinda shimmery so I only use it as a night time/evening look. Not very pigmented so I have to use a bit more to make it show up. Does not look chalky on my skin. Will be repurchasing when and if I do run out.