MAC Satin - Mylar

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.2

on 6/29/2013 4:22:00 AM

The perfect highlighter shade for pale girls wanting to achieve a classical, polished but not overdone look. It`s sheer and transparent, not providing definite pink or golden hues like so many cheap highlighters. Just a fresh brightening gleam. Perfect in combination with nudes like naked lunch or era. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this thinking it may be an alternative to my HG Bobbi Brown Bone. But it is far from that. Mylar is a matte, satin finish, chalky white eye shadow. Of course the product is good quality so it applies and stays well. But I think it is too white to use as a base, it looks very unnatural, at least on me (I am NC 25) I hardly ever use it.

RIS this eyeshadow is good for that day time look of wearing no makeup. Some people like that ... it just doesn't do enough for me as a highlight. It's an ok wash of color to put on the lid before putting other eyeshadows on to help them blend a little better, but that's really it.

on 10/25/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Highly underrated color! Alabaster in a pot. This works perfectly as a brow highlighter on pale skintones. I'm NC25 and this is barely noticeable under my brow so it looks extremely natural - my browbone but better, if there is such a thing. Very soft satin finish, so soft I actually thought it was a matte for a long time until one day I caught it reflecting light ever so slightly; nowhere near a true satin though, with that unquestionable sheen all satin eyeshadows seem to carry. Ideal for those who want to look like they have nothing on but still need that "polished browbone" look (again, does such a thing even exist?). Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I usually use shroom from MAC to highlight my brow bone, but my regular makeup artist at the pro store said i should try this to change it up and I love it.. I have tan skin and it works well with my pigment eye shadows.

on 1/25/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this as a highlight and good as a base color. Great for everyday wear. I also use this to neutralize/blend some colors when the color is too much.

on 7/2/2007 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a highlighter and base since years. I think I never went out without it. It is a very natural color, and looks great with absolutely any color.
I would say it's a natural matte ivory color, but I guess it looks different on other skin tones.
What I also like about it is that it lasts a great long time, even though I use it almost every day, it lasts one year or longer.
The same with other MAC eye shadows.
So, I can't complain about it.

on 5/24/2007 4:37:00 PM

Boring, plain matte off-white color. It is definitely chalkier and more sheer compared to MAC's Veluxe Pearls or even their Frost shadows, but it's not horrible. Just not great and not worth 14 USD. NYX's "Nude" is similar (but not as white, which will work better for most people) and has a much better, silkier texture.

I was disappointed in this shade - it hardly showed up on my skin, and the texture was chalky and difficult to blend. I swapped it away almost immediately. I think Nylon or Vanilla would be a better bet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

THis e/s sucks! The top keeps solidifying like some cheap-wad eyeshadow. I used a brand new sponge tip applicator on it & it did that to me. So very irritating! Anyway - this is a light creamy shade that is just too sheer for my taste. It barely shows up on my skin tone (med. beige). I am highly disappointed with this one. Terrible.