MAC Satin - Mylar

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.6

When I first tried this shadow I was upset because the color payoff sucked so I didn't bother using it anymore. Then one day for my birthday I did a neutral eye shadow look. With a little bit of brown shading in the crease and mylar in the brow bone and all over the lid. When it was time for pictures I did not think anything would be wrong. Boy was I wrong the camera flashed picked up Mylar so good that it looked like I had two white circles on my eyes it was so embarrassing to have looked like that. Anyway will not repurchase again and two points for being well pigmented and captured on camera because in regular lighting it's no good!

on 10/20/2011 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Mylar was recommended to me by a MAC makeup artist. But when I started reading the reviews here I was very hesitant to buy it because most people are pretty negative towards Mylar. But I am so glad that I bought it because this is my number one highlight! I have a very pale complexion so this colour is just a little bit lighter than my own skin tone. I use this to highlight my browbone and to blend my crease colour. I like that it's not shimmery and it gives me a very natural look. Absolutely love this eyeshadow, but maybe only for fair toned skin.

on 5/13/2011 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Superb highlight for the inner corner and brow. Slight irredesence makes it a perfect subtle day time highlight.

RIS this eyeshadow is good for that day time look of wearing no makeup. Some people like that ... it just doesn't do enough for me as a highlight. It's an ok wash of color to put on the lid before putting other eyeshadows on to help them blend a little better, but that's really it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had been looking for a very neutral, close to my skin tone eye shadow. I was hoping for it to be just a shade or two darker than my skintone, so I could pair it with eyeliner for a perfect Marilyn Monroe look. I told the artists this, and time after time they sent me home with eyeshadows that I ended up being very displeased with. Finally, while shopping with my boyfriend, I found...well, he found Mylar! I use it every day with almost every look! It's my favorite all around color!

on 10/25/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Highly underrated color! Alabaster in a pot. This works perfectly as a brow highlighter on pale skintones. I'm NC25 and this is barely noticeable under my brow so it looks extremely natural - my browbone but better, if there is such a thing. Very soft satin finish, so soft I actually thought it was a matte for a long time until one day I caught it reflecting light ever so slightly; nowhere near a true satin though, with that unquestionable sheen all satin eyeshadows seem to carry. Ideal for those who want to look like they have nothing on but still need that "polished browbone" look (again, does such a thing even exist?). Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I usually use shroom from MAC to highlight my brow bone, but my regular makeup artist at the pro store said i should try this to change it up and I love it.. I have tan skin and it works well with my pigment eye shadows.

on 1/26/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was looking for an off white to use to blend colors into my brow-bone and skin and this one is great. It really doesn't have much color pay off, so used as a white eyeshadow you probably wont be too satisfied, but I put on a pretty heavy hand of darker eyeshadow and use a large eyeshadow brush with mylar on it to buff out the color so it blends seamlessly. works well and you end up looking polished and pretty instead of a bright white disco ball.

on 10/3/2009 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It is absolutely perfect on my skin as a brow highlighter. It is kinda shimmery so I only use it as a night time/evening look. Not very pigmented so I have to use a bit more to make it show up. Does not look chalky on my skin. Will be repurchasing when and if I do run out.

on 1/25/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this as a highlight and good as a base color. Great for everyday wear. I also use this to neutralize/blend some colors when the color is too much.