Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

2.8

on 7/21/2018 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I’m reviewing #3, which is three shades darker, but I don’t think it needs a separate heading.

I like this, and would probably repurchase for the ease of use. I have a hard time getting tanners to show up much on my NC40/C4 skin. I use them to basically even and darken a bit. For this one, I use it like a spray tan. I coat the bottom and sides of feet, elbows and knees with a thin coat of Vaseline and spray, including my face. Alternatively, I can spray it on a makeup brush and buff it on my face, tops of feet and tops of hands. The color is noticeable and a nice, warm brown. It lasts several days and fades evenly. After a few minutes I can use my regular body moisturizer and be done with the whole thing. I suppose it has the self tanner smell, but it’s fainter than most.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I applied this as directed after exfoliating and everything. There's no color guide so you have no way of seeing where you've sprayed or missed. The color turned out streaky. I am a very pale medium tone and tried the 3 shades darker and even that was a barely noticeable difference. The color was on the orange side rather than brown. After showering twice it came off completely. Does not go on evenly, orange color that thankfully doesn't last more than 2 days. Next on my list of self tanners to try is the Nature's Gate glow lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product is awful! i tried it on a whim because it was on sale at target (that should have been my first indacator, because it was only on sale because nobody wanted to buy it!). Anyway i got home and instantly decide to try it,i was very exited might i add, and its not all bad the spray didnt smell to terrible but it did overpower my bathroom. so i applicated it all over myself and at first it looked nice once it dried. the next morning i woke up and i was orange! i had to go to school for 2weeks in the summer wearing long sleeves and jeans-mind you i live in the south it get quiet hot, like 95,100 degrees hot. neadless to say i was sweating like a pig. my buddy evn said i need to be miss florida because my skin was the color of the florida orange. dont ever purchase this

on 8/24/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love and hate relationship with this self tanner. I liked the color I got from using it but I hate that it comes out streaky sometimes. If you accidently spray too much in one spot, it will show up and its very noticable.
I like the color it gave me (I have naturally olive skin tone) But I wanted to get a little bit darker. This product helped me get a bit darker just it comes out streaky which I didn't like.
I'm still searching for a better product, I was kindof disapointed about it too. I bought it at target for about $9.00 it does a pretty good job, I just don't fancy the whole streaking part of it.
I might buy this product again...but I'm still searching for a better product.
But overall, it does a pretty good job..just be careful when applying it..I mean be VERY careful! aha

So this review is kind of tricky to write. I bought this product (only it was the Deep 3 shades darker version) at a CVS yesterday because they were out of the L' oreal Sublime airbrush spray I like. This product was about three dollars more, which is crazy because the L'oreal spray is already $10.99, which I think is a bit pricey. Anyway, I put this on at about 6pm last night. I watched some Youtube tutorials about how to apply this one and such. Most of them recommended doing two coats, so I did. I was up until at least 2am..and I didn't see any color changes. I was disappointed in this fact, especially since the package said the tan would develop in 2-4 hours. However, I did wake up this morning with a slight color change. I am tanner, for sure, but I would not classify what I have as three shades darker than my previous color. Especially since I applied two very generous coats. There was no streaking at all, which was great, and the smell was not horrible at all. It's your usual aerosal, powdery smell you get with a can of spray tan. The product didn't seem to work as well on my face though, even though I exfoliated that area extra well before hand. I recommend, as with as with all self tanners, to apply lotion to elbows, knees, and ankles before applying this product. Do so, and you with have no problems as long as you keep the can at LEAST 6in away while spraying and you always keep the can in constant motion. I think I will stick to the L'oreal spray just because the color develops faster, and its cheaper, and I get a deeper tan. If you have medium skin, this isn't going to give you super dark results so you have to keep that in mind. But if you are just wanting a nice, glow to your skin, this is great!

I'm actually reviewing Deep 3 shades darker but I can't find it for review. Anyway, I really liked this product. My usual go-to tanner is L'Oreal Sublime Bronze lotion. But I have no patience to get that stuff all over my hands and to sit and rub it in, and then wait an hour or so for it to dry! On my quest to rid myself of orange palms, I thought I'd try this out. And I must say, I really loved it. I started exfoliating two days prior to trying this stuff out, just to make sure I really got all the dead skin off. Then, I got in the shower, and sprayed away. I started with my arms, neck, chest, and then went down to the torso. Did my sides, and then worked on my back. This was actually a lot easier than I thought. Then I moved down and sprayed my legs and feet. The mist is really fine and covers pretty well. I gave myself two coats, but by this time, I was ready to get out of the shower. The smell was AWFUL! But this was to be expected and I really don't mind it. Due to the smell though, I skipped my face. I just couldn't bring myself to spray that stuff in my face. Anyway, two coats later, I stepped out of the shower, and walked around a bit. Maybe 5 minutes later, my skin was dry! I could not believe it had dried so quickly. I looked a little bit darker too, but nothing too obvious.

So, this morning, I woke up with a nice glow. Nothing orange or too obvious, but most importantly, NO ORANGE PALMS! And even better, NO STREAKS! This is the first time I used a spray self tanner, so I was pretty impressed with how easy it was. In total (application + drying time) I'd say this took me maybe 10 minutes. Enough time for my fiance to go feed the dog and come back inside! I'll most likely have to spray on another application tonight so I can get an even darker color, but I'm definitely impressed and will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product appears to spray on very evenly and I love the fact you can hold the can upside and spray and a decent price. However those things don't matter when your legs are orange tinted and patchy color. I was really disappointed. I tried using it three times hoping it would all even out in the end but no luck. Now I am busy trying to exfoliate it off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After a week of nothing but clouds and rain in my area, I figured I'd resort to a self tanner. I let my roomate spray me, I fell asleep in hopes of waking up sunkissed & gorgeous. Well, the top half of me looked great, but I had STRIPES on my pale legs and I smelled like shit. My boyfriend at the time wouldn't even hug me it smelled so bad. Well, the tan only lasted a few days before it began to PEEL. It was so disgusting. I will never buy a spray tan again, EVER.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this tanner. It dries fast and the color appears on the skin fast. It doesn't clog pores and you can spray it in any direction you like. It doesn't stink but the scent is a bit strong. My skin color is similar to Rosario Dawson and I use it to give my skin a bronzed look, and even skin color. I use deep.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am usually not a big fan of self-tanners...but this really was easy to apply. I didn't have to blend it out and it dried super fast, like a dry oil spray. I was even able to use it on my face with great results. For DS product I think I could have paid less (I spent about 10 bucks on this!) but at least it works nicely. My color ended up a nice rich warm tan, but I am pretty yellow undertoned so this worked well for me.
It does have a little of that self-tan smell...but I guess that's unavoidable. Will probably purchase again.