Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

2.9

It's been years since I've tried self tanners, so I can't really compare this to what the others are currently like. I'd imagine the self tanners have improved from the time I first tried them. I purchased this to help disguise flaws on my pale skin. If anything, this made my ingrown hairs/hair follicles more noticeable. I find self tanners kind of annoying to use in general. I will not be repurchasing this. I will say the tan does last really well.

on 2/24/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first, this did nothing to my (NC30) skin. And then i did a second coat and turned orange. No thank you, pass on this!

One good thing is the spray nozzle is really good!

I bought this just to try it out and thought it might be something fun and easy. The nozzle on the can would barely spray without me putting a ton of pressure and even so wouldn't spray well. The nozzle may have been broken but this really was a negative for me. I will probably look for a different brand next time.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I applied this as directed after exfoliating and everything. There's no color guide so you have no way of seeing where you've sprayed or missed. The color turned out streaky. I am a very pale medium tone and tried the 3 shades darker and even that was a barely noticeable difference. The color was on the orange side rather than brown. After showering twice it came off completely. Does not go on evenly, orange color that thankfully doesn't last more than 2 days. Next on my list of self tanners to try is the Nature's Gate glow lotion.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have fair skin that freckles in the sun and barely gets any color. This product was really disappointing. I showered, shaved, and exfoliated before applying it and put moisturizer on dry spots (knees, ankles, etc.). Since it was my first time using it, I just tried it on my legs. The smell was horrible and lasted for several hours after application. Also, during application it was impossible to tell where I had already applied the tanner because there is no color guide (so you cant see it on your skin) and it dries fairly quickly (so you cant feel it on your skin). When the color developed about 2 hours later, it was extremely patchy and orange. i would not recommend this product because of how difficult it is to apply evenly and because of the terrible orange color and strong, gross smell.

on 7/1/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very fair. I bought the medium shade and when I used it there was no change in my skin color at all. NONE! I won't buy it again.

i have bought countless cans of this self tanner. i used to use fake bake bronzer but at 20 bucks a can i cant aford it. even this is kinda pricy at 10 dollars for a small can that only lasts a week or two. but i do really like it. i shave and expholate my skin before i apply. after u do it a few times you get the hang of it and i dont have any streaks or patches. its very even and a light color. not orange for me at all. i love it because its sold pretty much everywhere. cvs, wallgreens, walmart, target. and its sold between 9 to 11 dollars. so give it a try if your wanting a little color on your winter pale skin ( my case) i do a coat every few days to keep the color fresh

on 5/8/2011 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this since August and I love it! It only streaks if you do it wrong. Make sure you know how to use self tanners by yourself. Make sure you hold it 6-10 inches away!!!!!! That's my bast advice. My face would look noticeably tanner and I would use this a lot for school (usually only on face). It's great :D <3

on 9/14/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased this spray after reading a review from a few of the ladies right here on MakeupAlley. As I am a WOC (woman of color) I wasn't expecting to see a world of color on my skin. However, I was seeking out a spray that could give me a sun-kissed "glowy" look. I sprayed the mist on my legs, arms, back, and chest. End result= AMAZING!! I sprayed myself right after I came out the shower to make sure that any results I experience are a direct result of the spray and not lotion. I sprayed every part of myself two times over to get full effects because at first you don't really notice anything...especially on skin as dark as mine. After all the smoke lifts from spraying myself twice, the results are awesome!! I looked like I rub myself down with a lightbulb! lol! My skin glowed, and not only for the first day, but for days and days afterward. Of course, with each day that you shower you'll see color washing off in your bathwater, but that is to be expected. I've purchased bottles and bottles of this stuff and I used it religiously this summer...especially on my legs because it made it look awesome!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked the application process. It was super quick and the product dried extremely quickly. The smell is better than most self tanners and I appreciate that. I used the 3 shades darker kind, I am a medium/fair tone and this stuff barely delivered any color. Disappointing.
EDIT*** Tried again. I am now orange and blotchy. I thought I had covered myself with it pretty well. The first time I applied I rubbed it in, this time I did not rub it in... So If I rub in, no color. If I don't I am orange... Great.