Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

2.6

I bought this just to try it out and thought it might be something fun and easy. The nozzle on the can would barely spray without me putting a ton of pressure and even so wouldn't spray well. The nozzle may have been broken but this really was a negative for me. I will probably look for a different brand next time.

I gave this product a 4 because it did not streak or leave colored spots on me, which is something most tanning lotions, foams and sprays have done to me in the past. I'm not giving it a 5 because the bottle says that I will see results in 2-4 hours. I barley noticed anything. I didn't see any real differance till the next day, and i didn't even turn out dark. It did give me a nice glow, but I would have liked to have faster results.

DO NOT BUY THIS SELF TAN! I am somewhat of a fake tan expert because I have been tanning for years, and tried EVERYTHING! Normally I only use St. Tropez mousse but I went on vacation and left it at home, so picked this up on a whim in CVS as it had been recommended in a magazine. I even got my best friends to spray me and I sprayed them, as directed. When we woke up in the morning, we could see hardly any color change and when we looked at our legs and wrists we had huge orange streaks all over us! We are fairly fair anyway, but it did nothing at all on our faces and the smell was AWFUL! We had to spend an hour talking to a lady in Sephora who have us loads of samples to try and fix our disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product is awful! i tried it on a whim because it was on sale at target (that should have been my first indacator, because it was only on sale because nobody wanted to buy it!). Anyway i got home and instantly decide to try it,i was very exited might i add, and its not all bad the spray didnt smell to terrible but it did overpower my bathroom. so i applicated it all over myself and at first it looked nice once it dried. the next morning i woke up and i was orange! i had to go to school for 2weeks in the summer wearing long sleeves and jeans-mind you i live in the south it get quiet hot, like 95,100 degrees hot. neadless to say i was sweating like a pig. my buddy evn said i need to be miss florida because my skin was the color of the florida orange. dont ever purchase this

on 9/7/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product to use on my face because I tan, but try avoid tanning my face so it is a lot lighter than the rest of my body. I picked this up because it said oil and alcohol free so it wouldn't burn my face or clog my pores. The spray can makes application super easy because it comes out light, not gooey like the lotions and I was able to just apply with a makeup sponge on my face. All was good until the color developed... it was SUPER ORANGE :(

on 5/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I do love the instant result that I got...but..the bottle said someting about no rubbing application, which I totally disagree. After the first night of using this product, I was darker but had patches and stripes. I did not like it, so my husband re-sprayed me and while doing so, I rubbed it on my skin to even it out. The next day, I looked so orange! OMG!!! I did not look "tanned" instead ORANGE! especially my feet! Later on that day we played water balloon fight and when I got hit with the balloon, my skin turned bright orange! It did not look "natural" and it appeared to be running (like how ur mascara runs). So I started rubbing it so it wouldn't look sooo bad but it didn't work. So I just ignored it, knowing that it will eventually come off after a couple days. It was an awful color! After a few days the orange-ness washed off and finally I looked tanned. Overall I did not like the outcome of this product but I do like getting the results right away. I will not buy again because it made me look orange!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this yesterday and applied it after I exfoliated in the shower. When I woke up this morning I had a really nice glow and no streaks as far as I can see. I highly prefer it to any lotion products I've tried.

Be warned, this stuff doesn't smell too awesome. I actually had to shower again in the morning because I didn't want to smell it all day long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this. I bought it after a friend recommended it and even though I am extremely white I bought the medium shade. I don't think Neutrogena even makes a light shade in this. It goes on well without streaking (no rubbing required) unless you obviously mess up and then just blend it in with your hand. The color is pretty natural. The smell is typical self tanner smell... yuck. The good news is this dries fast so I just use it at night then shower in the morning. 2 coats gives me a good shade. Lasts decently long. Will probably repurchase except I want to try the new Jergens mousse kind.

Best spray tanner I've ever used! Blows my expensive ModelCo Tan in a Can out of the water and It's 10 bucks! The spray is very even, it does not streak or stink, and the colour is a real tan, not orange. I recommend the 2nd one, the medium to dark, even on fair skin. Oh and the best part-this stuff dries completely in like 60 seconds and its oil-free, no greasy afterfeel. In 5 minutes you can't even tell you put anything on your skin, it's like water. I'm acne prone and spray a layer over my face every other day for a month and not one pimple!

on 7/3/2008 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I love this stuff!!! I am as pale as pale gets (we're taking red hair, blue eyes, freckles) It's the lonly stuff that's goes on streak free and doesn't make me orange, lol.
The secret is, don't over apply and moisturize around your feet, ankles, knees, and elbows. Then do a light spray all over (if you want a full body tan) and blot the excess of around the places you put the lotion.
Don't forget to lightly do your hands or you'll look kinda wierd...
Oh ya! And stand on a towel (one you don't really care about) so you don't slip and fall and break your neck.....it gets a little slippery....lol.