Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

2.9

on 7/21/2018 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I’m reviewing #3, which is three shades darker, but I don’t think it needs a separate heading.

I like this, and would probably repurchase for the ease of use. I have a hard time getting tanners to show up much on my NC40/C4 skin. I use them to basically even and darken a bit. For this one, I use it like a spray tan. I coat the bottom and sides of feet, elbows and knees with a thin coat of Vaseline and spray, including my face. Alternatively, I can spray it on a makeup brush and buff it on my face, tops of feet and tops of hands. The color is noticeable and a nice, warm brown. It lasts several days and fades evenly. After a few minutes I can use my regular body moisturizer and be done with the whole thing. I suppose it has the self tanner smell, but it’s fainter than most.

on 6/4/2017 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this because it came in a spray, and I was going to Hawaii so needed one for my face, ears and scalp. I thought it would be light and kinda natural. It was awful. I later read that is rated as one of the worst.

on 2/24/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first, this did nothing to my (NC30) skin. And then i did a second coat and turned orange. No thank you, pass on this!

One good thing is the spray nozzle is really good!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have fair skin that freckles in the sun and barely gets any color. This product was really disappointing. I showered, shaved, and exfoliated before applying it and put moisturizer on dry spots (knees, ankles, etc.). Since it was my first time using it, I just tried it on my legs. The smell was horrible and lasted for several hours after application. Also, during application it was impossible to tell where I had already applied the tanner because there is no color guide (so you cant see it on your skin) and it dries fairly quickly (so you cant feel it on your skin). When the color developed about 2 hours later, it was extremely patchy and orange. i would not recommend this product because of how difficult it is to apply evenly and because of the terrible orange color and strong, gross smell.

FOR MY FACE, I love this product. I have acne, and acne scars and marks and all that.
all the self tanners I've bought, except for this one, were tinted and had bronzers in them.
they were NOT good for acne prone skin. the bronzer would settle into dry patches of skin, and I would have brown spots all over my face, it looked absolutely horrible.
since this tanner doesn't have a bronzer, it tans just my skin and leaves my breakouts alone.
plus, it doesn't cause me to break out more.

now on to the bad. because there's no bronzer in it, you can't see where you're applying it. that's why I don't think it's very good for the body. plus, this stuff runs out FAST when you apply it over your whole body..
a few years ago I bought this in 3 shades darker, and ended up buying three bottles in probably a month or two.
(which we all know is ridiculous for self tanner. I have a bottle of st. moriz mousse that's lasted me for 6 - 8 months. although it's not the only bottle of tanner I use consistently, you still get my point.)
also, the packaging sucks. a few years ago when I bought three bottles of this, the third bottle I bought was defective, and I absolutely couldn't get a hint of product out of it.
after lots of time playing with it, I can't remember if I finally got product out, or if I ended up just throwing it away. I'm leaning toward the second one.
my newest bottle, which is the one i'm reviewing now in 2 shades darker, is still hard to get the product out of. I have to push it down a certain way to easily get it out. but it's no nuisance for me, since I only have to spray it into my hands a couple times and then apply it to my face. I imagine the packaging would be annoying though, when applying to the whole body.

the color is a little orange. but it's nothing that some foundation doesn't take care of, it blends it and makes it look as non-orange, and brown tan as my body.
(from better self tanners, of course.)

It's not a very dark tan either. normally what I do is apply it in the morning/afternoon after I wash and moisturize my face (after letting my moisturizer soak in.) and then again that night, same thing. then I have a darker tan by the next day.

last but not least, the smell is bad. it doesn't bother me, but it's definitely your classic chemically bug spray-y self tanner scent.

although half this review I was putting down the product, I still gave it 4 lippies. that's just how much I love it for my face!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product appears to spray on very evenly and I love the fact you can hold the can upside and spray and a decent price. However those things don't matter when your legs are orange tinted and patchy color. I was really disappointed. I tried using it three times hoping it would all even out in the end but no luck. Now I am busy trying to exfoliate it off.

on 8/1/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The color is ok but it is really hard to apply. It's pretty dark and I prefer to build a little color every day so it is even.

on 12/18/2008 7:32:00 AM

I"m not sold on this, but since my Walmart stopped carring my true self tanner love for the winter I had to try this one. I prefer the spray in the winter b/c I'm lazy and want to get color fast and want it to dry fast so I can get dressed fast. This leaves streaks, don't really care for the color, looks orangy and don't like the smell, I can still smell it next day.

on 5/27/2008 6:24:00 PM

This review is for the dark. I'm not pleased with this product at all. It gives very blotchy results, even when rubbed in. I've even tried mixing it with body lotion before applying - this helps, but then the color doesn't stay as long. It does give nice color, I'll give it that, but it's very hit or miss on the application.

on 1/4/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

The spray can is great. It does give a fine mist if only I could reach the back of my legs properly. Unfortunately, this looked too orange on my skin tone (yellow undertones) to be natural - even people at work commented on my 'orangey' legs. It would've also been good if it was tinted so that I could see where I hadn't sprayed. I did try to look out for the tell-tale signs of the spray's sheen to indicate where I'd already sprayed, but this wasn't always obvious as it dried quite quickly as well.