Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

on 6/24/2010 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I paid more for this since I like Neutrogena products. I was disappointed. I have fair skin and wanted a tan look without the risks of sun exposure. The spray just doesn't work as well as lotions/creams. The color us unnatural and it doesn't even look like a tan.

FINALLY... a self-tanner that's easy to use, has a good result and doesn't reek!! I did my legs last night and was pleased with the result. I just might do my whole body now because the smell doesn't make me want to puke. Also, it didn't leave a yellowish/tan stain all over the inside of my pj's. A winner!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I didn't like it.
It took a lot of the spray for any color to show up...and it wasn't very natural looking.
After a few days my neck looked like it was streaky with 2 different colors...kinda like when nail polish starts to wear off.
I don't recommend it.

I was very scared to use this products after reading the review on this site..but I just had to try it; I'm glad I did! The MicroMist was very easy to apply and i have NO streaking. I also did not turn orange and unlike other self tanners, my hands look totally normal. I used this product all over and the mist was especially helpful when applying on my back. I like the color I got. The only problems were that I felt like I used the entire can with just one use. Also, as said in other reviews the mist kind of does go all over the place, but it did not stain anything. I would suggest doing it in the shower. Lastly, the smell was very strong, but I didn't think it smelled bad at all! Overall, I liked this product and I will probably buy it again.

I LOVE this product!! I`ve used endless amounts of self tanners and most of them are terrible. Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Spray leaves me with a dark (not too dark) natural looking tan.
I usually exfoliate in the shower before applying, hold the can 5-10 inches away from skin and spray in an up down motion. I give myself about 2-5 layers for my entire body, and another great thing about this is that this stuff lasts! Not like the crappy foaming products where you use so much foam you end up running out. Best of all it doesn`t drip or get on your hands leaving a streaky mess. =)

on 6/15/2005 7:47:00 PM

I've used one bottle of this, and so far, I like it a lot. I think you pretty much have to ignore the "no rub" label and plan to smooth it in a little to avoid streaks. And yes, it smells. But it doesn't leave me greasy, and it darkens nicely. I used it last night, and several people commented on my "tan" today. Exfoliation is always a good idea before using a self tanner, and this is no exception.

on 3/24/2005 3:24:00 PM

I was so excited about trying the new micro-mist formula hoping it would be faster and easier than the regular meticulous ST lotion ritual - yep, it was fast, it was easy, smelled good and dried super quick. Hooray! Alas, my hopes were dashed when the next day I woke up looking like an orange zebra from head to toe. Yuk. Nothing has ever streaked so bad. Another one bites the dust - it went in the trash.

on 3/22/2005 10:44:00 AM

I thought I was going to love this. Its easy to apply, thats for sure but then it just becomes sticky on your skin after it dries up and the color is more orange than bronze. Maybe the color Medium was too light for me but the color looked orange and nothing real. I'm going to try the Loreal Sublime one and see which I like better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

To be blunt...worst crap ever- I don't know how people like this- am I doing it completely wrong?- no. I tried it twice to give it a chance and I thought it would be so easy because you can spray it on quickly and no rubbing and you can reach your back. Well, I woke up with the blotchiest skin you've ever seen. Some places were white, some were orange...terrible. I decided to give it one more chance and took more time but nope! still gross. This is going back...I was dissapointed because it was fast but I am not taking shortcuts with self tanner anymore- I'm sticking to the savage bronze and rubbing it in very well.

on 2/19/2005 12:55:00 PM

Wow. I am amazed that Neutrogena has finally put out a self-tanner that isn't orange. I bought this for the convenience of the airbrush can (which, after trying it once, I can say IS convenient...no streaks!) but was truly surprised when I saw the color...it's not orange! There might be a little bit of a golden-edge to it, but it is a vast improvement over a lot of self-tanners I have tried. It's lasted 3 days with no visible streaking...I am very happy--I have yet to use it on my face though...I will update when I do.