Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner - Black

3.0

Aqua (Water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG-16/16 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Laureth-2 Benzoate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Polyacrylate, Coconut Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Trisodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/27/2012 6:34:00 PM

I have been using this eyeliner for a month now and am finally accepting that it does not and will not work for me. I'll briefly summarise my experience:

Pros:
(1) Beautiful packaging - sleek black pen with a screw top cap to ensure no leakage
(2) Enviro (and future spending) friendly with the reusable pen only needing replacement catridges
(3) Nice brush tip which is solid enough not to flick everywhere but soft enough for the sensitive eyelid skin
(4) If you get it on, it does last the whole day (10 hours for me)

Cons: - Only one but its a BIG FAIL as an eyeliner
It doesn't go on smoothly!! This is my key frustration with this eyeliner. It streaks and you have to go over the line several times - which you can't really do either because each time you go over it, you wipe off what's already there! Its beyond frustrating. On top of that the little streaks that remain when dry, flake off and stick to the pen. I honestly spend more than 10 minutes every time I attempt to use this eyeliner which is too much time in the mornings before work.

I have honestly tried everything from washing my face with a cleanser before application (remove oil from my lids) to storing the pen upside down to warming the pen (better liquid flow?), to pumping like a maniac before use etc but nothing really gets it to work perfectly. At best it goes on quite alright on one eye but then returns to misbehaving with the other eye.

For such an expensive pen from a well reputed company I had expected a lot more. Makeup / Skin care doesn't always work for everyone so perhaps I might have just been unlucky.

On a side note, I have oily lids which get pretty oily throughout the day but so far the two eyeliners which have worked best for me are:
(1) Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof - waterproof, long lasting, easy to apply but not the best for fine lines
(2) Koji Dolly Wink (deep black) - capable of the finest lines, long lasting and absolutely no smudging, no streaking, no flaking and provides the smoothest application!! My only gripe is that it isn't waterproof for me so I'm still on the hunt for a HG eyeliner.

on 6/25/2008 4:02:00 PM

I'm still debating whether I should return this product. There are certain qualities I love, such as the precise line it gives, and how easy to use...but the quality is very inconsistent. It shows differently on my two eyelids, and no matter how hard I tried to make the left one look darker, the color just didn't stay, it flaked out like crazy...guess I'll need to begin searching for my liquid eyeliner again...

on 10/29/2006 11:59:00 AM

Not especially outstanding compare with other liquid eye liner that available in the market, I forgot to screw up tight the cover and it dry up completely the next morning.