Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner - Black

Shu Uemura Liquid Eye Liner - Black

3.9

Aqua (Water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG-16/16 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Laureth-2 Benzoate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Polyacrylate, Coconut Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Trisodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

This is the BEST liquid liner I have tried. And I've tried a lot.

Surpasses any of the MAC liners, any Stila liners, any Makeup Forever gels and liquids etc etc and definitely any drugstore liners do not compare to this Shu liquid liner.

The formula is an inky, matte black that does not move, transfer or smudge. Any other liner I have tried transfers onto my upper lid because of the shape of my eye, even if I use a primer.

The applicator is akin to the MAC #210 liner brush, can be cleaned with brush cleaner and consistently gives a crisp, thin application.

Another plus is the ability to "take it with you" and not have to fuss with a separate brush, or a place to work the product off of (i.e. a tissue, a dish or the back of your hand).

Will repurchase the refills! Perfect eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really love this. It is not often I can say that I would go back to using something. Based on my indesicive, elcetic personality. I get bored quick. I have had this eyeliner pen for over a year. I bought another refill for this last week. I love the fact that I do not have to keep buying the pen over and over. So in a way this has some eco credentials, over my using a wooden pencil eyeliner. The brush is a perfect point, soft paintbrush type applicator. It is slim and lightweight and the black shiny logo tube is very classic. The liquid glides on nicely and it does have staying power. Just don't wipe your eyes whilst wearing. I wish Shu would make this in waterproof though.

UPDATED 4.4.14

Sadly this product is no longer what it used to be. There must have been a change to the formula because now it just seems to be watery in consistency and not the bold black it once was when I first started to purchase it. I don't know if I got a dud refill but I know I don't want to waste money finding out...now I have to hunt for a new FAVE.

on 4/27/2011 5:06:00 AM

This is my HG eyeliner. Very easy to use and the brush gives you exact lines. I use this often so basically I have to buy the refill after 5months or so. Be very careful with the first pump when you put your refill in, I accidentally let out so much!

on 8/19/2010 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this eyeliner. I have been so afraid of liquid eyeliners as I am not so great with the brush but this has renewed my confidence. The brush glides on beautifully and the flow of colour is consistent. I love that it is refillable and I find it lasts all day. This is a winner for me!

on 10/7/2009 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Easy to use. Make sure to press enough times so the felt tip is inked well.

My unrivaled HG eyeliner!!!!

Price: $33 USD ($18 for empty pen, $15 for ink cartridge)

I have oily asian eyelids, and it seemed like every eyeliner I used after about 8 hours would give me raccoon eyes underneath my eyes - MAC Fluidline, BB gel liner, pencils... you name it and it would smudge eventually. I tried every solution I could think of - UDPP as a base, changing to powder concealers to reduce "slip" and still, 8 hours seemed to be my eyeliner "limit" =P But then I found this eyeliner! The price on this seems a bit steep, but after using it for over a year, every day and only needing to replace the ink cartridge after about 7 months, this is totally worth it and ends up not being that expensive!

The brush pen took a pit of practice to get used to, but I have complete control and precision with it. I get a perfect black line every time, and used on top of the UDPP it has never given me raccoon eyes, even when I have to stay up for 26 hrs at a time for work! My eye makeup looks just as good as when I applied it - even if I take a 5 hr nap wearing it.

When you run out of the cartridge, make sure to give the pen and brush tip a good wash with soap and warm water to clean it and ensure good ink flow. I am in love with this liquid liner pen and I've got my sister (who has a single-fold Asian eyelid... notoriously difficult to find non-smudging makeup for!) hooked on this too!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i absolutely adore this eyeliner :) it allows me to draw the thinnest lines over my lids and i have really shaky hands. it glides over without pulling and it has a great intense black shade that is just perfect. will definitely repurchase the refill

I have been using liquid eyeliner for years and this is the best one I have come across. When I was much younger I used the various drugstore brands, and they worked fine but too more effort to get a perfect line. Before this I used Christian Dior's liquid eyeliner and I loved it--except for the way the brush would wear terribly and before I'd run out the brush would be too splayed to draw a neat line. The brush on this is fantastic and I noticed that if it does get a little light in color, I just need to lightly rinse and wipe (as a previous poster mentioned), then click for more ink and it works like new. I think the other people who didn't find the line opaque enough may not have clicked enough out of the brush initially. And today I learned that this works on the inner rims--another way to wear it--yay! It worked great, so I don't have to use my Laura Mercier cake liner and brush (although now I have both, hm). This is so easy to use--definitely my hg liner for now :)

on 11/10/2007 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely love this shu liquid eyeliner. it has a great fine point brush to apply precise thin lines which is stiff enough for stability yet pliable to get a thicker line. i am pretty good with even the suckiest reviewed liquid liners but this for me is by far the best i've ever used. it's an intense rich black that doesn't transfer and is waterproof. it doesn't crack or crumble and stays smooth. it doesn't do well for lining the inner rims but excels on my lids and lashline. i wore this to a funeral of someone dear to me in hot weather and this lasted from early morning til almost dawn. i haven't encountered any problems with the push button applicator or the refillable cartridges. though the brush has dried out on me yet is easily fixed by running it under some warm water. the packaging is beautiful and not bulky that easily fits anywhere. if i line my eyes plainly every day then it lasts me for about 6 months. if i line my eyes every day with huge swoops (i.e. fall07 louis vuitton) then it only lasts me about a month or so. i paid $32 for the eyeliner and $15 for the refill cartridges. quite steep but i can't go without it. i agree that there are cheaper ones out there that can do the job but i'm just drawn to this shu uemura liquid eyeliner. maybe i'm a sucker for their marketing?

Fantabulous - I love this. Totally agree on the calligraphy style brush - very easy to use, gives you great control & flexibility for drawing cats' eyes or just very precise thin lines. The liner is black & very opaque - you have about 10 seconds before it dries and once it's dry, it stays put. Smudges a bit after a workout & shower (no flaking), but what doesn't? If ink gets a bit less opaque, just run the brush under warm water, wipe it a few times on tissue paper & click the pen to get the ink flow going. Terrific product - not cheap at $32 but I've had mine for 1 year, I use it pretty much every day and I have yet to need a refill.