Bliss Labs Super Minty Soap N' Scrub

Bliss Labs Super Minty Soap N' Scrub

4.5

on 4/24/2007 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A great choice if you're looking for something that's as heavy duty as a salt scrub, but without the slippery oil base. Ultra grainy body scrub in a thick cream base. Handy squeeze tube packaging -- it's easier to deal with in the shower. Fabulous sinus clearing brisk peppermint scent too. I'd give this five lippies, if it didn't irritate my skin :( I love the scent of peppermint, but I've realized that if I get the oil on my skin, I get bumps and breakouts. I only used this product for two days, and by day three there were some small whiteheads & clogged pores (red spots around the hair follicles) that appeared on my arms and legs.

on 4/3/2007 11:28:00 PM

this scrub definitely cools you down - so maybe i will add a lippie in mid-July, but now when it's still cool, the chilling factor is a liability not an asset. i don't like feeling freezing after my shower. so i even tried to just use it on select body part that are especially dry and rough - knees and elbows, and there is nothing weirder than having knees and elbows several degrees cooler than the rest of your body! i felt like i rubbed peppermint patties on them. HOWEVER, the product was redeemed to 3 lippie status when i decided to use it as a foot scrub and for that it is amazing. i fill the tub with hot water and use this scrub for a mini-at-home pedicure. helps smooth out rought heels and the cool tinglies feel much better on toes than elbows!

This scrub was quite refreshing so early in the morning better than a cup of coffee, I would purchase again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great exfoliator during those hot, sticky summer days. The peppermint fragrance really wakes me up and makes my skin feel really clean. It lathers nicely, rinses well and leaves skin nice & smooth…ready for a self tan application.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this soap bar. I actually love Bliss Products!!! Smells super minty. After taking a shower that clean feeling last. Also one side that massages at the same time. When using it. Small gritty grain make skin feel super clean. .

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I received a sample of this from Sephora when I last went there. I wish I would have known this was meant to be a body scrub because WHOA it really IS super minty! I used this on my face and it cleaned well, exfoliated gently, and left my face freezing for fifteen minutes after my shower was over. The full size is pricey, so I probably won't buy it, but it seems like it would be great for hot, tired feet.

Great for the summer. Super super minty and very clean. Leaves skin soft and supple. Best scrub I have used. Just a little too minty for the winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this scrub. I have a little problem "waking up" in the morning and this is like a blast of cold air on skin! The scrubby bits aren't harsh, but exfoliate very well, the formula is creamy, but lathers so a little bit goes a long way, and the sharp peppermint scent is intense and divine. I use about a dime-sized amount to scrub both my arms and the same amount for each leg before shaving, about twice a week. (I try to be sparing with it because of the price, and I've found it does go a long way.) It's fantastic for preventing ingrown hairs and I've even shaved over it after scrubbing because of the rich lather. I'll definitely purchase again, but I think this tube will last me awhile. (thank God it's not another scrub in a tub!!) I took a lippie off because it can be drying on my skin and for the price.

i bought this when i was feeling flush and wanted to treat myself, it's so expensive there's no way i would have bought it otherwise. HOWEVER it's a fantastic product. thick and creamy, non oily and very exfoliating. the smell is amazing and fresh at first and mellows to a softer scent after you've left the shower. it can be a little drying but for summer it's just so refreshing and a great way to cool down when it's hot.
i have to say though, i really wouldn't want to try this in the winter, it cools you down to the point of shivering, i've left the shower with goosebumps! while it feels great in the summer i don't find that aspect of it attractive when it comes to cold winter nights in my draughty bathroom!

on 3/19/2007 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to say that this product did wonders for removing my messed up self-tanning mistakes. I smelled great, exfoliated to the max and a little goes a long way. I only gave it 4 lippies because of the price. It's $30, but I would definately buy again. If you like a squeeky clean feeling, this is the product for you.