Vaseline Deep Moisture Creamy Formula

Vaseline Deep Moisture Creamy Formula

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum Usp (30%), Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Ethylene Brassylate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Disodium Edta, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide.

I found this after browsing through makeup alley and after reading so many great reviews I thought, what the hell I'll grab some next time I'm at Walmart or something. I'm so glad I did! It's thick but it sinks in quickly and leaves this protective layer that isn't greasy or annoying but makes your skin SO soft. I'm a hand cream/body lotion junkie and this is one of the best I've ever tried. I get extremely irritated skin on my legs after I shave (I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing stops the bumps that I inevitably scratch until they bleed) and while this doesn't completely heal my legs, it's the best I've tried so far. I was so impressed that I tried it on my face before I went to bed and wow! I have combo skin and I've never found a night cream that doesn't leave my skin oily when I wake up until I tried this! My skin is smooth to the touch and completely moisturized when I wake up. I loved it so much that I tried it during the day and I wasn't disappointed! I barely got oily and it made my mineral makeup look amazing! I would never wear it under liquid foundation though, it would definitely be too heavy. But it's fabulous under mineral makeup, you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup and my skin looks flawless! I will definitely keep buying this!

The holy grail for my dry, eczema prone skin. If you're not acne-prone and have dry skin, this can totally be used for the face. I use a small drop and put it on my dry areas. It IS heavy and it IS thick! That's why it works for me.
I use it all over. I wish it came in the huge pump sizes too!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think to be fair rating this product as a face lotion is misleading (seeing positive reviews for products like this that make me realize how differently we all respond to various products), so my overall rating will be as a body lotion, since it truly is a body lotion. I will begin with my opinion of this product as a facial lotion... I have never been able to use Vaseline products on my face and this one is no exception. I would rate it at 1 lippie as a facial creme and I have pretty dry skin. It causes breakouts and clogged pores, a total disaster. If you have any difficulties with moisturizers breaking you out I would advise you to not even try this on your face. As a body moisturizer this is okay. I've never felt Vaseline products were as good as the hype you hear, but overall this is an okay to good fragrance free moisturizer. It can't compare with Nivea, Neutrogena or Palmers, but if the price difference is a problem for you then I would say this might be an okay option. I personally would not use this for my main after shower moisturizer ever, but maybe just as something to have around for spot treatments or after washing hands, etc.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this back in November to heal a tattoo I had gotten on my arm seeing as this one was the cheapest fragrance-free moisturizer I could find. It helped heal my tattoo completely within three days (it was my very first tattoo) and once applied to the rest of my body it left me feeling so soft. I took one lippie off due to the fact that it's claim to be good for your face is not true. It leaves your face feeling so greasy & heavy but I suppose if you have really dry, flaky skin this would be amazing for you.

I tried this out as a face moisturizer, really excited due to the reviews I read. It is extremely heavy for face cream. My skin has reacted so very badly to this. I am acne-prone (receiving adult acne at the tender age of 28). My skin is cleared up due to my nightly routine of Pro-activ face wash, then Cetaphil face lotion and then MUAC 3% retinol serum. I decided to test out a different moisturizer. Boy was I so wrong. My t-zone, forehead, and cheekbones have comepletely broken out into miserable little pimples everywhere. I think I have about 20 just alone on the T-zone. I should've known this would happen with such a heavy cream. I don't recommend using this if you are acne prone. Now I have an acne-ridden face that I have to ride out for the next week +. :(

on 3/4/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this based on the amazing reviews here, however I was still a bit skeptical if something so cheap so could be as good as the reviews claimed. That said, I was desperate for a good moisturizer that would help my crazy dry, mild roascea face through the coldest winter in the almost 20 years I've lived in Minnesota. I bought this at Target for around $3 in december, and have already repurchased another tube. The reviews were not only accurate but I think this was even better than I expected. This has really toned down my dryness and my skin is also less red, not 100% sure if the redness is entirely due to this but I think it is. I've stopped using La Roche Rosay Rosialac AR intense ($$$ and minimal results) and my redness is still much better. This comes is a flip-top tube that I like as it doesn't dispense too much product and is sanitary.

This is my routine: I cleanse with DHC cleansing milk, follow with Bioderma H20 to make sure all of my makeup, especially eye makeup is gone, then apply the treatment I'm doing for the night (either Garden of Wisdom 5% mandelic or Paula's Choice ultra light antioxidant serum) . Next I apply Garden of Wisdom rosacea oil (mix of avocado, meadowfoam, argan, etc) and then finish with the Vaseline Deep Moisture creamy formula. My morning routine is the same just without the DHC cleansing milk, only Bioderma for cleanser and treatment is Paula's Choice 1% BHA a few times a week.

I'm 43 (turning 44 next week) with dry senstive skin in the summer, very dry senstive skin in the winter, and mild rosacea. I would absolutely re-purchase this over and over. I pray that Vaseline doesn't discontinue this.

on 1/30/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this girl in my math class told me about this when i shook her hand and asked her what does she use to make it soft. she told me about this lotion... i went out and bought it for myself... i really like it...so does my boyfriend..he said he never felt skin so soft as mine.

on 1/30/2014 10:14:00 AM

My mom and old grandmother always use vaseline - the petroleum jelly kind. I always wondered can something so cheap work? What is so special about it? This winter was hard on my hands because I live in a cold cilimate so I was shopping at Target in the lotions aisle looking for some good creme specifically for the hands. This tube of deep moisture creamy formula Vaseline petroleum jelly popped out at me for some reason. I think it was the 18 hour moisturization claim and the fact that my mom and grandma use it faithfully and .... because the other hand creams were soooo expensive. This is a great cream, girls. It's not thin. It does go on thick - great for winter and it will leave that slightly oily - not completely absorbed into the skin feeling on your hands. I personally prefer that for the winter because when I apply the thinner creams, it applies and then just goes away into the skin, and I become dry again very soon. I don't know if everyone likes that feeling, but that is how it feels to me --- very rich cream.

It makes my hands very very soft. I liked it so much that I applied it to my face one night as a trial. Woke up with super soft skin on the face. Then I try it again another night and sadly I notice myself getting pimples that day - the cause is this cream as I haven't changed anything else in my routine. My facial skin just doesn't like anything heavy.

Anyways, great cream for the hands and body - not for facial skin that is oily, combo, or gets clogged easily.

I don't like the cap on this tube. Very hard to flip open. If you have nice nails, this will chip it. I just roll the cap off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

YES! This stuff is perfect. Why spend big bucks on another brand when you can get this one and the results are amazing?! And it won't break you out, it's so simple and pure.

I'm never going to stop buying this. I do use a different moisturizer in the morning if I'm going for a really matte look, since this makes my skin glow with health, but is that even a con? No, it isn't. That's still a pro.

For the price, it was a zero risk. I WAS worried about it clogging my pores but it has only improved my skin. Yay!

on 12/17/2013 4:58:00 PM

WAIT! STOP! HOLD THE PHONE HOLD THE PHONE! I mean, this is one of those life changing products. No joke. For your face, of all things! It will smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles, and plump up the skin and it will stay that way all day long and this is just after one use. It literally took ten years off my face. All I did was wash my face the usual way, smear it all over one night, and I woke up to fabulously smooth skin. For some reason my skin had become very dry, it used to be oily, but it changed. I had small fine wrinkles on my eyelids as well. I had been using eye creams that worked to some extent, but still, the fine lines, a crepie look, was there. I bought this for my hands. The package said to try it on the face. I did and I am ever so glad. Its the only thing that took the eye wrinkles away, and it actually smoothed my entire face. I walked around happy again, like my old self, when I was ten years younger. I actually even called the company on their 800 number and begged them to never change the formula.