Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque

4.2

Precipitated Sulfur U.S.P. 10%, water, bentonite, kaolin, propylene glycol, talc, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf, zinc oxide, polysorbate-20, titanium dioxide, carbomer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

on 5/22/2016 10:50:00 PM

Amazing. Helps w my CRAZY breakouts. Doesn't dry you out. Doesn't inflame or irritate your breakouts. I love this and will continue repurchasing.

This mask works great! I use it as a full mask twice a week which is part of my weekly sulfur regimen. I cleanse three times daily with Joeseof Skin Care Anti Acne Sulfur soap, be sure to use warm water and allow at least one minute to set, this allows the sulfur soap to work effectually. Then I apply the Peter Roth mask to my face and neck 2-3 weekly depending on my complexion. Allow to dry to where it pulls and tightens my face then I rinse and gently pat dry with a cotton towel. For my problem acne areas I apply Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion. First shake bottle well, apply sparingly with a cotton q-tip and gently dab to the problem blemishes only and allow to dry. For best results I leave on overnight. Then cleanse my face with Joesoef's Sulfur Soap again. Can I just tell you Sulfur has given me amazing results to my complexion. Did you know Sulfur is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic? All of those attributes are effective in varies skin disorders besides acne. So give it a try because I have tried countless products in my years in searching for a solution to my severe acne problem. I have no doubt these Sulfur products will be my regimen for life.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2016 8:53:00 AM

This product works for my cystic acne. I put on a clean face at night. Thin layer and sort of rub it in. I sleep with it on and wash every morning. I usually take one night off a week. This has kept my cystic acne from ever becoming large enough to be seen and for the most part keeps my face clear. It can be found on Amazon for around $27.

on 12/24/2015 3:50:00 PM

This is my first review and I am only writing because I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. I don't think anyone with sensitive skin should use this product, let alone just give it a try. Doing a patch test could work, before applying to product all over the face and letting it sit as long as the instructions on the tub say. HOWEVER, I believe I had an allergic reaction to this product, perhaps because of the high sulfur percentage. That is why I am gloving 2 stars and not one, just because this reaction might be due to my allergies that I didn't know existed. While it was on my face I felt it burning just a little, nothing to be worried about, and after I washed it off I didn't feel much of a difference either. But, a day after my face started itching like crazy. Then it got swollen, red and kept itching. I have never had eczema before but I am guessing that is how it must feel like. It sucked, it was dry and itching and I couldn't even put on makeup to get rid of the redness because it was so dry, my makeup was too obvious. I of course broke out even more because of all the irritation and itching. So, no I don't recommend this product and I wish I could get a refund.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used two jars of this already. LOVE it as a mask. Put a thin layer on a couple of times a week and it really clears up anything trying to surface. As a spot treatment left on overnight however, it does nothing for me. Actually burns the skin around a pimple when left on as a spot treatment. But using it as a mask, leaving on for about 20 minutes, works really well.

on 2/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

PROS:
New formula doesn't have eucalyptus
Large container
Controls oil

CONS:
Did nothing for my acne, even as an overnight spot treatment
Have to use cotton swabs to take from jar (or fingers which I don't recommend)
Pricey
Smell isn't great

My esthetician swears by this, so I bought two containers of this product; the first one had eucalyptus, which I found irritating to my skin, the second did not, and it wasn't irritating. I used it once or twice per week along with spot treatments overnight. It didn't do anything for my skin at all, so at $50 per container, I won't purchase again.

on 1/27/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This mask went on smoothly. When washed off I noticed my skin was brightened. The only thing is the horrible SMELL! And the strong smell lingers ....

FIrst of all Im 28 and I am one of those girls who gets cyst acne. They're about a size of a penny and usually are on my side of my nose. But now I have 6 on my forehead. This product youre suppose to leave on for 10 mins then wash it off. I use this as a spot treatment and leave it on over night.

This is my 3rd day using it and they have either gone done or arent even visible anymore.

This product seems like it will last a long time. So worth it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! I am so sensitive and acne prone, and I have tried EVERYTHING. This is one of the only things that aren't overly irritating but W O R K S! I put this on my cystic acne for 30 minutes and wash off and follow with my normal moisturizer and when I wake up my acne is not swollen, sore or red. For me that's amazing! After using it for a few days my acne is almost gone. Awesome product, I will continue buying it as long as they make it.

on 6/7/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just popped over to my local Sephora for a few things and picked up a sample of this product while I was there. Let me just tell you that I have combination-oily skin that is extremely acne-prone, hence why I did not purchase the product right away (mostly because I was unsure of whether or not this was going to break me out - or, as Sephora employees nicely put it, "purge" my skin). Anyways, I tried this on my chin and nose where I had a few bumps under the skin that had not gone away for the last 2 months and I was slightly desperate to get them out of there. I left the mask on for 10 min, washing it away and using my Clarisonic after to really get the gunk out of my pores. I popped on my usual skincare essentials and went to bed, waking up this morning and WOW - my skin is so smooth and all of the little bumps are GONE. Sulfur has always worked well with my skin (I used to use Proactiv before it stopped working on my skin) and seriously, this product is nothing short of a miracle worker. It is kind of pricey for a mask and the packaging is slightly unhygenic (I hate sticking my fingers in a tub for a product), but I am seriously running back to my Sephora today to pick up the full-size product of this. I highly recommend it for anyone who is suffering from acne (whether it be mild or cystic).

Popular Masks