Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque

Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque
PTR Sulfur Massque

4.2

Precipitated Sulfur U.S.P. 10%, water, bentonite, kaolin, propylene glycol, talc, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf, zinc oxide, polysorbate-20, titanium dioxide, carbomer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

I used Peter thomas RothTherapeutic Sulfur Masque Acne Treatment Masque for a large ance piimple nodule that was at the side of my lower chin.I just put it on the nodule only .I slept with it overnight. The pimple actually looked smaller when I washed it off. It kind of dried it out. I will repeat once a week hopefully until it's gone.These type of acne bumps are stubborn .

on 9/11/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite acne treatment! I leave it on overnight on my zits and BAM in most cases they are gone. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It will definitely dry your face out due to the amount of sulfur in it. So I only put it on over night a couple times a week.

on 12/21/2016 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Noticeably reduced my pore size and, with weekly use, keeps my hormonal acne at bay. One jar lasts me about a year.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: I've used this twice more since my original review and feel I should add a note: this stuff is kind of difficult to wash off. When I try to rinse it off with my fingertips, it almost feels as if it's just moving around, not actually coming off. It leaves a residue behind that can only be removed with something a little more abrasive, like a washcloth. Also, you'll REALLY want to mind your eyes when rinsing this off your face. I let the runoff go over my (closed) eyes when I was rinsing this once, and about 10 minutes later, my eyes stung so badly I had to wipe them with a damp facecloth to really, really get rid of the last traces of product. Tonight, I was a lot more careful about my eyes when rinsing, and I even went over my eyes with a little gentle soap when I was done. It's been half an hour and my eyes feel fine.

Is this unfortunate? Yes... but I'm not annoyed enough to knock off a lippie because my complexion has continued, overall, to improve. My scars are fading, my zits are disappearing, my pores are being minimized, and the redness in my cheeks is evening out. I stand by this mask because it's had such an immediate and drastic positive effect on my skin.

-----

Normally, I like to wait until I've been using a product for a while in order to gauge its quality, but guys, this stuff is for me. It was made for me. It's my soul mate.

I just got out of the shower after using this for the first time. Before I put this mask on, I had patches of acne and red spots on my jawline. When I came out of the shower, the red spots had visibly faded, and many of my zits had shrunk. After ONE USE. I'm blown away.

Right now, my skin feels dry, but not parched, and definitely not irritated, itchy, or peel-y. That's a good feeling when you spend most of your existence with a fine layer of grease on your face. That said, I would take other reviewers' (and the directions') advice and leave this on your face for no more than 10 minutes, as this masque does DRY out your skin. But in a good way, if you use it right.

Some others have complained about the smell of this product. I don't mind the smell. It's not heavily-scented at all, and I honestly prefer products with minimal or no scent. It smells earthy, very slightly plant-like (the aloe, maybe?), with just a trace of that egg-like smell you get from sulfur... very appealing, I know, but again, I think the smell overall is very mild. Kind of like sicking your head in a volcano or something, sans the blistering heat.

My only real gripe with the product now is the packaging, simply because I prefer tubes over jars for freshness and for neatness' sake. But supposedly this stuff is good for two years.

I will update this review if I make any pertinent discoveries or encounter any drawbacks in the coming weeks, but right now, I couldn't be more pleased. I highly, highly recommend this mask if you have oily and/or acne-prone skin. I'm so glad I bought this amazing mask instead of paying 70 bucks for the Glam Glow Clearing Mud like I had originally planned.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another one of those products that if I could give a 0 rating, I would have. I bought this on a whim, when I had a really bad breakout on my chin. I always thought that 10% sulfur would be too aggressive but after quickly browsing the reviews on here, I bought it. Ah, that feeling of buying any piece of garbage when we get to that point that if someone told us cat pee cured their acne, we'd try it. You know, that moment!

I really don't like the ingredients list. Apart from having 10% sulfur, this mask also contains lots of clay (as 3rd ingredient) and talc. The clay (or kaolin) is drying and the sulfur and talc are irritating. It ate my skin away but still left the bigger blemishes there. It did look worse after using this product. Perhaps it works better for teenage acne, which is normally present in oily and tough skin. But on my normal/combination 32 year old skin, it was terribly drying and irritating. But then teenagers can get rid of their teenage pimples with milder products. I did get rid of all my teenage acne with Avene Cleanance products back in the day. It's the hormonal adult female acne that is hard to treat. And this sure only made it worse!

This mask smells bad (of course it does, it's sulfur). At least they didn't try to cover up the stench with copious amounts of fragrance. I suppose that's a good thing!

on 5/22/2016 10:50:00 PM

Amazing. Helps w my CRAZY breakouts. Doesn't dry you out. Doesn't inflame or irritate your breakouts. I love this and will continue repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used two jars of this already. LOVE it as a mask. Put a thin layer on a couple of times a week and it really clears up anything trying to surface. As a spot treatment left on overnight however, it does nothing for me. Actually burns the skin around a pimple when left on as a spot treatment. But using it as a mask, leaving on for about 20 minutes, works really well.

on 2/12/2016 8:53:00 AM

This product works for my cystic acne. I put on a clean face at night. Thin layer and sort of rub it in. I sleep with it on and wash every morning. I usually take one night off a week. This has kept my cystic acne from ever becoming large enough to be seen and for the most part keeps my face clear. It can be found on Amazon for around $27.

on 12/24/2015 3:50:00 PM

This is my first review and I am only writing because I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. I don't think anyone with sensitive skin should use this product, let alone just give it a try. Doing a patch test could work, before applying to product all over the face and letting it sit as long as the instructions on the tub say. HOWEVER, I believe I had an allergic reaction to this product, perhaps because of the high sulfur percentage. That is why I am gloving 2 stars and not one, just because this reaction might be due to my allergies that I didn't know existed. While it was on my face I felt it burning just a little, nothing to be worried about, and after I washed it off I didn't feel much of a difference either. But, a day after my face started itching like crazy. Then it got swollen, red and kept itching. I have never had eczema before but I am guessing that is how it must feel like. It sucked, it was dry and itching and I couldn't even put on makeup to get rid of the redness because it was so dry, my makeup was too obvious. I of course broke out even more because of all the irritation and itching. So, no I don't recommend this product and I wish I could get a refund.

This mask works great! I use it as a full mask twice a week which is part of my weekly sulfur regimen. I cleanse three times daily with Joeseof Skin Care Anti Acne Sulfur soap, be sure to use warm water and allow at least one minute to set, this allows the sulfur soap to work effectually. Then I apply the Peter Roth mask to my face and neck 2-3 weekly depending on my complexion. Allow to dry to where it pulls and tightens my face then I rinse and gently pat dry with a cotton towel. For my problem acne areas I apply Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion. First shake bottle well, apply sparingly with a cotton q-tip and gently dab to the problem blemishes only and allow to dry. For best results I leave on overnight. Then cleanse my face with Joesoef's Sulfur Soap again. Can I just tell you Sulfur has given me amazing results to my complexion. Did you know Sulfur is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic? All of those attributes are effective in varies skin disorders besides acne. So give it a try because I have tried countless products in my years in searching for a solution to my severe acne problem. I have no doubt these Sulfur products will be my regimen for life.