H&M Nail Polish

Nail Polish Nail Polish Nail Polish

4.1

on 7/26/2018 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I usually stick with the red/pink/coral range for my fingers and will go outlandish for my toes. At my advanced age I'll do every thing except black and the more glitter the better for my toes. For the first time I swapped for a amazing blue "Moonchild" and put it on my fingers! It's the closest to metalic/chrome I've found without a lot of steps. I was tickled with the first coat and Loved the second. For my first time to "go wild" with my fingers (retired from a career of suits and heels, very corporate). I am thrilled! Love this stuff and even tho I do Not need more polish, I'm going to buy a couple more and see if they come across as gleaming as this beautiful one is. In certain lights it shows a beautiful teal, as well as it's regular bright blue. Ya gotta try this stuff at $5.99

It's kind of a hit'n'miss product. Some shades are the bomb, goes beautifully opaque but others are extremely patchy.
Pros: very easy to apply; nice wide brush; pretty packaging in general; a lot of colors to choose from; very opaque if you're lucky and goes with one swipe; can stay without chipping for a week
So-so: a little bit expensive without discount, usually I'm waiting for sales;
Cons: some of the colors can be patchy, usually the lighter ones (looking at you Peachy Keen)

on 5/24/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my holiest of grail nail polish. I drive 40 miles to the H&M and buy several a couple times a year...if I'm lucky, I get them on sale. Regular price $5.99. That is a steal anyways...beats polished costing 3x as much...

on 8/28/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have three of these polishes. Take A Chance, a gorgeous dark purple, Serenity Now, a perfect royal blue and a no-name silver one (in trend packaging). They are all opaque and even in two coats, never streaky, the brush is great, and they're cheap. What else can you ask from a nailpolish?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in the color "Midnight Passion", a beautiful red not-too-brown oxblood shade. I love the color and would definitely buy this polish again. The price has recently been raised about $1, so one bottle of the polish now costs approx. $4.95 instead. I have tried several of the smaller bottles (cheaper, about $1.95) : a blue called "Ocean Dive", and a sheer pink called "Natural Pink" and have been very happy with them as well. Wonderful selection of colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought a number of H&M nail polishes over the years and would agree that they can be a bit hit and miss. I prefer the ones that come in the larger, squareish bottles, as opposed to the smaller ones in the rounded bottles which often come in packs of 3 or 4. These ones tend to be very watery and although they look good in the bottle, they don't tend to transfer too well to your nails. With the larger bottles (which in the UK retail at around 2.50 - 3.99 I believe) you obviously get more product, but I've found these are thicker, go on better and are more vibrant in colour. I've got a number of these ones and can honestly say they are still some of my fave polishes. The shades in turquoise, green and blue are especially good and I find that two coats is often enough to give you a good shade on fingers and toes. They are also hard wearing - I wore a turquoise shade on my toes for my holiday last year and it was still intact, with no signs of chipping, two weeks later. Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a cheap but good alternative to higher end makes (e.g. nails inc, models own etc).

on 11/2/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried Moody Model, and I just love the colour. It's a deep dark blue, with a greenish/greyish undertone that looks oh so lovely. The quality isn`t that great though. It starts chipping off within just a few days, and it leaves dark stains on my nails that stay for several days after I've removed the product. But it's not an expensive product, so I would buy it again for its beautiful colour, even if the quality isn't the best.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I go the colour 'No Mambo Jumbo' which is a greeny/bluish/turquoise affair haha hard to describe but very pretty. This was the only one I bought and I really like it I don't wear it on my fingernails as such more on my toenails just because its funky and as its a cheapie varnish it chips within the first day so not reliable on the fingers! For the cheapness I'd say they're great but obviously not high on the quality. Good enough to buy again though.

on 11/24/2010 1:11:00 AM

I think this is the worst nail polish I've ever tried, sorry to say. I'm shocked at the high ratings that this nail polish got...The particular polish I bought (Samba) started to chip within a day and within about 3 days, was peeling horribly on each of my nails. I finally had to remove all of it because it looked so tacky and I couldn't stand looking at it. Even $1 nail polish that I've tried works better than this nail polish from H&M. I don't know if it's the particular bottle I got or the fact that I put on a layer of clear nail polish under it but this nail polish didn't even last a day without starting to chip. Such a shame too as the color (Samba) is a really pretty, vibrant fuchsia shade.

on 7/12/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was surprised and very impressed by the quality of this nail polish line from h&m. It is much better than most drug store brands (especially l'oreal - a nightmare to apply) and comparable to more expensive brands like opi. While colour selection was fairly limited, I believe h&m tries to keep an updated colour selection based on what's in season. With 2 coats, I was easily able to get a smooth, glossy, even cream finish. It dries very fast, and is amazingly long lasting; after 3 days, without a top coat, I have seen no chipping or wearing down, not even at the tips! (the picture with the turquoise polish is mine after about 2-3 days - no scratches and chips!)

Popular Polishes