H&M Nail Polish

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
H&M Nail Polish
Nail Polish Nail Polish Nail Polish

4.2

It's kind of a hit'n'miss product. Some shades are the bomb, goes beautifully opaque but others are extremely patchy.
Pros: very easy to apply; nice wide brush; pretty packaging in general; a lot of colors to choose from; very opaque if you're lucky and goes with one swipe; can stay without chipping for a week
So-so: a little bit expensive without discount, usually I'm waiting for sales;
Cons: some of the colors can be patchy, usually the lighter ones (looking at you Peachy Keen)

on 5/24/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my holiest of grail nail polish. I drive 40 miles to the H&M and buy several a couple times a year...if I'm lucky, I get them on sale. Regular price $5.99. That is a steal anyways...beats polished costing 3x as much...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I never paid attention to H&M's makeup line until recently. I bought two nail polishes: Witching Hour and True Tyrian for $6.99 each and they are fabulous.
Witching Hour is a deep forest green and True Tyrian is a vampy blood red (similar to Chanel's Rouge Noir/Vamp and Essie's Wicked).
The formula is rich and opaque and the wide brush makes sure my nails are covered properly.
Staying power is about five days before the polish starts chipping and wearing off which is fine with me as I usually change my polish every five days or so.
I don't spend anymore than $10 on nail polish and like everyone else, I want my polish to go on well without streaking or running and last for at least a few days before chipping.
H&M polishes fit the bill in all aspects. If you're a nail polish lover, check out H&M's offerings.

on 1/30/2016 5:57:00 PM

I own a few different colours and I can honestly say that they are some of the best nail polish formulation that I have ever tried. They are super opaque and most colours are really long lasting. They remind me so much of the Nars nail polishes - something about the thick brush applicator that makes the application so effortless.

on 8/28/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have three of these polishes. Take A Chance, a gorgeous dark purple, Serenity Now, a perfect royal blue and a no-name silver one (in trend packaging). They are all opaque and even in two coats, never streaky, the brush is great, and they're cheap. What else can you ask from a nailpolish?

on 5/11/2012 6:10:00 PM

I have this polish in the shade "Nerd". It is amazing! Goes on better than some of my Essie polishes, and it is self-leveling. The only bad is that I have to put on three coats to get no visible nail lines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought a number of H&M nail polishes over the years and would agree that they can be a bit hit and miss. I prefer the ones that come in the larger, squareish bottles, as opposed to the smaller ones in the rounded bottles which often come in packs of 3 or 4. These ones tend to be very watery and although they look good in the bottle, they don't tend to transfer too well to your nails. With the larger bottles (which in the UK retail at around 2.50 - 3.99 I believe) you obviously get more product, but I've found these are thicker, go on better and are more vibrant in colour. I've got a number of these ones and can honestly say they are still some of my fave polishes. The shades in turquoise, green and blue are especially good and I find that two coats is often enough to give you a good shade on fingers and toes. They are also hard wearing - I wore a turquoise shade on my toes for my holiday last year and it was still intact, with no signs of chipping, two weeks later. Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a cheap but good alternative to higher end makes (e.g. nails inc, models own etc).

on 11/2/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried Moody Model, and I just love the colour. It's a deep dark blue, with a greenish/greyish undertone that looks oh so lovely. The quality isn`t that great though. It starts chipping off within just a few days, and it leaves dark stains on my nails that stay for several days after I've removed the product. But it's not an expensive product, so I would buy it again for its beautiful colour, even if the quality isn't the best.

on 10/2/2011 4:10:00 PM

seriously, i don't understand why there's so many people loving this...
i bought a pack of 4 nail polishes from h&m because they were very cheap and the colors were very pretty. But the quality is just... horrible... it's so hard to apply it and it takes too long to dry... worst nail polish i've ever tried...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I just bought the bright yellow shade called Being on the A-List a few days ago and I'm very pleasantly surprised with this shade. It's my first H&M nail polish, but yellows are notorious for terrible formulas from any brand -- so I was very happy to see that this yellow cream looked perfectly opaque in 2 coats and dried super fast! And it still hasn't chipped after 3 days which some high end brands can't even guarantee you!
I only took one lippie off because the smell is a lot stronger than most polishes I've been using lately!

Popular Polishes