H&M Nail Polish

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/10/2014 1:47:00 PM

On a whim I picked this up in Want a Lemon, an opaque, creamy butter yellow without shimmer. It took 3 coats before the streaks went away and accordingly took longer to dry. The short, dense brush made it a mess to apply, requiring a lot of clean-up around my cuticles. But the color is true to the bottle and somewhat unique. I wouldn't make a special trip to H&M for it, but the bin is worth a look in the checkout line.

$4.95 for a 0.3 ounce glass bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought a number of H&M nail polishes over the years and would agree that they can be a bit hit and miss. I prefer the ones that come in the larger, squareish bottles, as opposed to the smaller ones in the rounded bottles which often come in packs of 3 or 4. These ones tend to be very watery and although they look good in the bottle, they don't tend to transfer too well to your nails. With the larger bottles (which in the UK retail at around 2.50 - 3.99 I believe) you obviously get more product, but I've found these are thicker, go on better and are more vibrant in colour. I've got a number of these ones and can honestly say they are still some of my fave polishes. The shades in turquoise, green and blue are especially good and I find that two coats is often enough to give you a good shade on fingers and toes. They are also hard wearing - I wore a turquoise shade on my toes for my holiday last year and it was still intact, with no signs of chipping, two weeks later. Would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a cheap but good alternative to higher end makes (e.g. nails inc, models own etc).

on 9/6/2011 3:18:00 PM

LOVE these. Have heaps of colours in my cupboard now. They go on well, dry super fast, come in a great range of colours. One coat suffices. After a few days, I cover up any fading/chips with second coat and it's like brand new again. Easy. What's not to love?

on 11/24/2010 1:11:00 AM

I think this is the worst nail polish I've ever tried, sorry to say. I'm shocked at the high ratings that this nail polish got...The particular polish I bought (Samba) started to chip within a day and within about 3 days, was peeling horribly on each of my nails. I finally had to remove all of it because it looked so tacky and I couldn't stand looking at it. Even $1 nail polish that I've tried works better than this nail polish from H&M. I don't know if it's the particular bottle I got or the fact that I put on a layer of clear nail polish under it but this nail polish didn't even last a day without starting to chip. Such a shame too as the color (Samba) is a really pretty, vibrant fuchsia shade.

Popular Polishes