Hourglass Color Link in Vineyard

No Image

Beautiful quality shadows. Silky and very pigmented. The blushes are really lovely shades, and I'm in love with the darker of the eyeshadow trios. The greyer one is too subtle for my tastes, but the colors are quite lovely in that one too. A+! After trying this I caved and ordered the case because the palette is just so nice it deserves a proper one ;)

I aboslutely love this palette. The quality is so high in the formulations and pigmentation of the 2 blushes and 6 eyeshadows. The colours go on so smoothly and very intensely so you can use a light touch for day and really build a beautiful dramatic look for night. I love the way the colour of the blushes work with that of the eyeshadows. Actually, they are 2 of my fave blushes! As the other reviewer mentioned, the colours would flatter a cool or warm skin tone. Also, I have always known that purple eyecolour really brings out brown eyes and the colours in this palette make my eyes pop more than any other eyeshadow I have used. I get alot of comlpiments on how beautiful my eyes and eyecolur are when I wear these shadows, not on how great or pretty my makeup is. I think that means the makeup itself is actually really amazing and doing what it's supposed to do; bring out our natural beauty! I would recommend any of the palettes simply just based on the quality. For me, this is one of my favourite make-up purchases ever. The only thing I don't like is that it comes in a box and you have to shell out to buy the case for it. I didn't get it, even though it's a pretty case, it was just too expensive. So in the box it stays, and I still love it!

on 2/10/2005 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hourglass Color Link Palettes ($55) come with two blush colors and six eyeshadows. They are housed in a 4in by 2.5in metal pan, and are sold seperately from the leather travel case, which retails at $75. Typical of a high-end line such as this, the color selection is varied and complex, the formulations are smooth and long-wearing. Vineyard features a blush that is a fresh neutral pink with a touch of peach, and a lovely softer similar shade that lends more towards peach, with very subtle silver shimmer. The six shadows include a light silvery pink, a warm light pink, a medium shimmery plum, a neutral deep mauve, a starry medium lilac, and a matte plummy indigo that can be used as a liner. While this palette has cool tendencies, it also has colors that would flatter warm skin, overall creating a great evening/dramatic look. I love the quality and colors of the cosmetics in this line, and this palette is no exception. Find Hourglass Color Link Palettes at www.hourglasscomsetics.com or at select Barneys New York locations.