J.Lynne Mineral Foundation

No Image

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm thrilled with this foundation! I should start by saying how much I hate foundation. I've tried so many I can't keep track of them all. Unfortunately I have melasma and have no choice but to wear it. This is the first and only foundation that I was able to use without any concealer with great coverage. I just need to add an extra layer over the dark spots and they are almost invisible. It's been a miracle for me to not have to deal with multiple layers of products to try to hide the dark spots. This product makes my life so much easier and saves me tons of time on my morning routine. It's not perfect, it does get a bit shiny as the day wears on, but I just blot and it looks great again. I just love it!!

on 4/1/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good. Coverage with brush no water=sheer to medium. Cost=very reasonable. After it settles it looks a wee bit dry but it's long lasting. Husband said I had a natural glow and didn't appear as if I had makeup on. Wow! No skin irritation on my VERY sensitive skin. I ordered two different sample kits - medium and dark - about 13 samples. One was a pretty good match for my latina tan skin. Will buy the full size.

on 1/14/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reacting negatively to Bare Minerals Foundation, I searched around for foundation that would cover my acne scars and even out my skin tone without being irritating and aggravating my mild acne.

This is the perfect, perfect mineral foundation for my skin, which is very greasy and sensitive to products. Even Neutrogena Powder foundation is a bit harsh, and liquid foundation is unthinkable. I've struggled with acne (from severe to mild) for about 10 years and this is the first product that offers me cover without irritation. I can wear this until the end of the day, and my skin won't itch like it did with the Bare Minerals line. If only I knew of this product in my teenage years!

on 10/15/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Excellent foundation! Color match for my skin is simply perfect and can't be beat! It blends seamlessly and gives you that finished look.
It's matte which is great too because let's face it, who wants to glisten like a Xmas tree? Great value for your money too, especially because often times Jess has sales. Will never buy any other mineral foundation.

on 3/13/2010 12:48:00 PM

J.Lynne is my HG mineral makeup foundation. I've tried several different brands through out the years and find that J.Lynne offers the best match to my skin tone(Ivory Light 1.5). Also, the coverage is great! I only use one layer with all of my MMU foundations and find that J.Lynne offers excellent coverage in just one layer. Even though it is a fuller coverage, I find that it looks very natural on me and doesn't appear to change color later in the day as some of the others that I've tried do. There are 2 other brands that I like and will continue to use, but J.Lynne is my fave! Very fast shipping, great color selection. I also love the lavendar finishing powder and the peach.
Product size is, in my opinion, a great deal. My original sample foundation lasted me weeks while I debated to buy a full size product. When I bought my full sized foundation, the container was packed full...to the point where it was so full it wouldn't come out of the sifter, I had to put a toothpick through the holes to loosen it up. It took about a week and a half to two weeks to use enough of the product that it wasn't so packed in. All in all a great foundation!

on 1/4/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very matte, no glow at all. Medium-to-full coverage. Suitable for those who prefer heavy coverage. Pure "simple" formula, meaning no built-in oil control or hydrating ingredients. Has yet to irritate my acne-prone skin. If you have trouble with J.Lynne's foundation looking cakey, try dusting it on with a fluffy brush for a more natural look. Compared to other mineral makeup companies, sample sizes are expensive but the full size is competitively priced. The sample jars don't include sifters and the jar's plastic is shockingly thick such that the plastic takes up so much more space than the product itself. In summary: good foundation, average prices, and deceptive sample-sized packaging. New customers get 10% off with code: RJW58476

on 11/21/2009 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried several different mineral foundations. Out of them, J.Lynne had the broadest selection of shades so it was easy to match. Once you find your perfect match, the foundation blends seamlessly. I like that the coverage is buildable. Unfortunately, even after proper moisturization, priming and prepping, this foundation did not have very good staying power. Even in cool, breezy weather, foundation didn't last, made me oilier than other mineral foundations I've used, and made me break out. I'm disappointed because the color match for my skin tone is amazing! However, I still recommend for those with less sensitive skin.

on 1/19/2009 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG of foundations. It gives good coverage without looking caked on, it wears well without the need for touchups throughout the day, it does not aggravate my acne-prone skin, and it has a built-in sunscreen. The price, packaging and customer service are excellent. And the product lasts a very long time. I just bought my third container and cannot remember when I purchased one before that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my MMU!!! i was recommended this stuff about 6 mos. ago from another MUAer. and this is great stuff. i ordered samples once (3) and picked 2 correctly. WOOT!! im oily and acne prone and this helps oilyness. very matte when 1st applied. and NO breakouts. love this stuff. only done the foundations n blush which is also great. but i can rave 4 days on this stuff. and the price isnt that bad since it lasts u 4EVER!!!
UPDATE!!! ok stilll like this but ,y oil still seeps thru so ive moved on but def use still. takin 1 lippie off.

on 10/9/2008 12:33:00 AM

This will probably be my HG foundation. Unless i happen to find something better which i have tried many MMU in journey to find something that will do it all, cover well but look natural at the same time, not look cakey, and not irritate by already sensitive/acne prone skin. I love this foundation. It goes on really well and it covers like a dream. I use the wet technique and this gives me a creamier, heavier coverage. It doesnt accentuate any large pores which MMU tends to do. It also stays on my skin for a good while and doesnt look cakey at all. Im satisfied with this foundation and would recommend everyone to try it. They offer unlimited samples for like $2.50 and they are very generous samples.
New customers get 10% off using code: RJD87453