Estee Lauder Verite Moisture Relief Cream

Estee Lauder Verite Moisture Relief Cream

4.1

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified; Butylene Glycol; Dimethicone; Hexylene Glycol; Petrolatum; Cetearyl Alcohol; Squalane; Pentylene Glycol; Sucrose; Glycerin; Isostearyl; Neopentanoate; Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract; Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract; Sodium Hyaluronate; Ceramide 3; Cholesterol; Caffeine; Cetearyl Glucoside; Hydrogenated Lecithin; Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria); Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate; Stearic Acid; Carbomer; Sodium Citrate; Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) Original 1995: Water, Cyclomethicone, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Cetearyl Glucoside, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Sucrose, Glycerin, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Linoleic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Malvaceae Extract (Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis), Sea Whip Extract, Hydrocotyl Asiatica Extract (Centella Asiatica), Oat Extract (Avena Sativa), Cholesterol, Caffeine, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Carnosic Acid, Carnosol Extract, TEA Carbomer, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroaceate, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I have used Verite for a few years and appreciate its basic, clean (very slight scent of tea tree in my opinion), moisturizing blandness. Don't take blandness as a bad thing, for those with sensitive skin, this is a must!

It is my trusty, go-to moisturizer to get my skin back on track with essential, non-pore-clogging moisture after I make the poor decision to experiment with something new in my skin care regime that is shiny, new and inevitably irritating to my complexion.

I love trying new products, can't help myself, but my skin often times lets me know that, "I'm sensitive! Go back to Verite!"

on 4/21/2018 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A phenomenal product and one-of-a-kind.

I bought this out of desperation when my Clinique pep start hydrorush moisturiser gave me a terrible allergic reaction and I realised it was actually drying my skin out. I had already started using Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Triple Action foaming cleanser and been wowed by its gentleness and effectiveness. That was my first introduction to the brand. Thanks to the reviewers of MUA, I therefore bit a very big bullet and forked out £47 at my nearest Boots for this pot of wonders with all my fingers crossed that it would deliver. And it did.

I have moderate-severe acne, quite severe rosacea, and hyper-sensitive skin which is easily inflamed and irritated. My skin also easily becomes dehydrated and breaks out from oils and butters (including the dreaded capric/caprylic triglyceride found in so many sensitive-skin products now), so I try to stay with 'fat-free' skin products but there was always a compromise to be made - not moisturising enough, mild breakouts, weird textures on my skin, didn't play with other products, made my skin hot etc. But my skin was so bad after Clinique that none of my regular products were helping.

I was cautious with Verite because it has petroleum, and having used Vaseline before and broken out, I was waiting for the breakout to hit. The same with squalane (I'd had terrible acne from The Ordinary's squalane). But, far from it, my skin has never been so immaculate!

Upon initial application, I couldn't believe my skin, which was in such a raw and horrendous state, was not stinging or burning. I usually expect that for the first few minutes even using very 'safe' products, simply because my skin is in such bad condition, but Verite did nothing more than offer what my skin craved - genuine moisture (not just oil), a cooling and soothing effect, and it seemed to 'seal' itself onto my skin like a protective barrier over the rawness yet still allowing my skin to breathe. I couldn't feel the product at all, just its wonderful effects.

It has been about a month now, and not only has my skin rapidly repaired itself because of Verite, but in combo with the Perfectly Clean Triple cleanser, my acne has truly disappeared - a feat I have never managed possible. I remain amazed that I can put this on my face in huge amounts when needed and I never break out. I have always had to apply moisturisers with an almost scientific level of measuring and rubbing in to minimise breakouts from failing to completely rub it in or apply too much but never with this. I can even use this on sunburn with no irritation whatsoever.

As others have mentioned, this was not on display at my local Estee Lauder counter at Boots, so you have to ask for it, but it is still stocked and does not seem to be discontinued anymore, which is truly heartening. Boots online can tell you which branches stock it.

I still don't really understand why this works so beautifully, but it does. It has no problems with my makeup or sunscreen. Yes it is very expensive, and yes it could be packaged better, but the actual contents are incredible and is very literally rescuing and repairing my skin from decades of damage. I cannot praise this enough - my HG moisturiser for life.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Was not sufficiently moisturizing for me, especially in the winter months. Overall, not too bad but not good enough to warrant repurchase.

on 8/12/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pricey moisturizer that is great for sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Fragrance free. It feels like a bandage for your skin.

on 4/4/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this moisturizer!!

I just received my third jar via UPS today (yes, jar, which does suck, pump please?) after having run out for three weeks. It's hard for me to get to the local mall. Anyhow, during my brief hiatus from Verite, I tried Olay Regenerist. Blech. Olay Regenerist broke me out in little bumps and stung my face like crazy.

Verite works so well for me. It's sensitive skin formula keeps my face very happy which = moisturized, acne free, fine line free and glowing. Yay Verite!

on 9/15/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great line if you have sensitive skin , dry and are prone to breakouts.

on 8/24/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Used this product for a week now (with the Verite lotion cleanser) and liked it immensely. It was light and refreshing in comparison to my regular Avene routine. My skin felt comfortable and well moisturized. The package was elegant and simple. The only off-putting factor was the price. But since it works well with my temperamental, sensitive skin, I have no problem with splurging on a quality product.

on 1/31/2012 3:12:00 PM

Awesome moisturizer for sensitive skin! I never heard of this product or this line by EL, but I was getting new Futurist fndn along w/Lucity powder and when sampling colors on my dry chicago skin in mid-January, the SA suggested it and I'm so glad - I use am and pm - sometimes twice! This cream has cleared up some funk of a rash and scaly spots - $50 but worth it! Would def repurchase! ... not sure I'd use in summer, quite thick. UPDATE:

on 10/25/2011 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I would recommend this product not only for sensivitve skin but also for anyone who doesn't want to weird chemicals in their products. I had a terrible reaction to a product I was using which caused me to breakout into red blotchy rashes and tiny pimples all over my face. I tried alot of things to calm my skin and take the rash and pimples away but nothing helped- until I decided to use Verite. It stung my face on first application which worried me, but when I awoke the next morning, what a surprise! My rash had mostly disappeared. My face has cleared up now. Due it being combination-sensitive, my face sometimes looks a bit uneven and reddish-pink in some areas. Verite has literally taken it away. My skin looks matt and even. My mom claims my skin looks brighter. I think this product works well with the advanced night repair serum. I noticed a difference in my skin when I paired the two together, which I didn't really see when I used another EL moisturiser. I have some old scars and my skin actually looks like its repairing itself because they appear lighter. Also, EL says this is for dry skin, but it seems to work well for my skin type. My only wish is that EL would come up with a Verite night moisturiser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this! I definitely think that Verite is VERY undermarketed as a previous reviewer has stated. This, along with Advanced Night Repair, has totally made my skin amazing! I have very Irish acne-prone skin, with some hyper pigmentation due to a sun poisoning episode in the tropics a few years ago. Any other moisturizer I have used tends to make my skin too oily or irritate. This one is just a holy grail. Just the right amount of moisture and no extra liquefied chemical junk. It makes your skin have an amazing healthy glow, and I feel it has toned my acne down tremendously. Also, collagen breakdown IS something that can very easily happen with a lot of the moisturizers out there on the market that have all these extra chemicals that are supposed to prevent wrinkles. This moisturizer just builds up the moisture barrier to the skin, and I feel like I am super pampering myself with this! My only complaint would be the jar packaging, of course, but I use a q-tip to get it out, and the steep price. Considering I have not found anything better though by any means, I am STICKING to this. One jar typically lasts about 6 months. OH, and one other note, I am not a fan of the calming fluid. . I do not see it necessary at all, but the moisturizer is a MUST-HAVE!