Clinique Cream shaper for eyes black diamond

Clinique Cream shaper for eyes black diamond

4.3

on 8/25/2017 11:17:00 AM

Was going to complain about the underwhelming pigment, but just realized 101 Black Diamond that I bought isn't a jet black, it's supposed to have a "hint of silver pearl", so guess that's on me. I just applied it thinly to my waterlines/tried to tightline upper & lower.
It's probably more suited to make smudged smoky lines on lids. Point rounds down really fast.

Compared to the pens I have on hand (Milani liquid eye, liquid-like eye liner pencil, a mechanical pencil that seems to be discontinued, and a 10 year old MAC eye pencil in Coffee), I was underwhelmed for my purposes. I'll try to update on the longevity and waterproofness.

General note: I've heard that eyeliner pencils are one of those makeup items where brand & price tend to make very minimal difference, and I think that's true. I have one truly unusable eyeliner pencil that was fairly cheap (an old Isadora Colormatic - gonna try the lighter trick on that one), but they're mostly very similar.

on 9/15/2014 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's a very nice eyeliner. Very easy to apply and gets on smoothly. It's very soft, but also means wear down fast. So it will be finished very fast, which means expensive. However, I love how it looks on my eyes. Good for smoky eyes. It is not the darkest dark, but has little smoky or subtle shimmer in it, which I do like a lot. I will certainly buy again when there is a discount going on, which is rather often.

on 5/18/2014 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This eyeliner is actually a dark grey with shimmer; it's beautiful. It's very creamy and applies easily, and lasts most of the day once it's set. The only cons I have are that 1) it needs to be sharpened frequently to keep the sharp point, so it wears down rather quickly, and 2) it smudges easily while applying if my eyelids are even a tiny bit damp. I also think $16 is a bit expensive for eyeliner; however, it does have a lot of product in it.

on 11/16/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Creamy & very pigmented. I totally love it!

on 6/1/2014 1:59:00 AM

I love this eyeliner, I'll be using this like forever, I got this as a gift from my auntie, and it's really amazing.

on 7/29/2014 6:22:00 AM

I think this is an okay product, but not worth it's price. It glides on very smooth and easy, and works on sensitive skin. However, it fades within a few hours and smudges a bit. This probably isn't good for people with hooded/and or oily eye lids. Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This goes on more grey than black. I love how creamy this glides on but I wish I did not have to go over the line so much just to get it to show up as black. It does not smudge on my upper lashline (when used with UDPP) but smudges easily on my waterline. I prefer Milani Liquif'eye on the waterline because it is so long lasting. Will not repurchase because there are many other eyeliners out there which outperforms this one at a cheaper price point.

on 4/20/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Didn't really like this, I expected black but it's actually dark grey with shimmer. It's pretty creamy but not creamy enough to use on the waterline. Very average product, would not repurchase.

on 2/25/2012 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this eyeliner as part of the "high impact lashes" package so I didn't really mean to buy it, I only really meant to buy the mascara! However, I was pleasantly surprised with this. It went on really gently and smoothly, none of the tugging or sharpness I feel with my Dior one. I like the slightly glittery effect and this isn't a harsh black at all. I keep this sharpened quite well and I'm pleased with it. It does smudge a bit but some people like that, so depends on whether you're after a perfect line or a little smudgy liner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a wonderful eyeliner. It's very creamy and smooth to apply, no tugging on the eyelids. And I love the fact that the glitter in it is more of a subtle shimmer. It is a soft black not a dark black and I like that coz for intense dark black, I have estee. It does smudge a little bit in the hot and humid weather where I live but its not so bad. Thinking of getting this in plum and gold too coz I really like this liner.