Avon Nail and Cuticle Balm

No Image

2.7

This comes in a handy little tin and like previous reviewers have said is very portable. I've used this cuticle balm for years (about 10!) - it used to be in a different little tiny plastic tub, but the formula seems to have remained.

I HATE using cuticle oils, I just don't like the texture but my cuticles can get soooo dry. I really do like this balm, the good points - it's thick, waxy and smells fine and you only need a tiny amount and it's the only balm that sorts out my cuticles (I've tried a lot! and they're either too greasy, too thin or not moisurising enough). You do have to keep using it daily, it's not a miracle moisturiser, but it's still worth the money - at about 4 in the UK (and often on special offer in the Avon catalogue) it's worth it. Plus a small tub lasts for months even if used daily!

The bad points - it takes ages to sink in, if you're at a laptop/PC at work all day, then you have to wait a good 10 minutes unless you want your keyboard and mouse covered in a waxy residue. But I can live with that, I just have a little tea break :-)

on 12/3/2010 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love cuticle oil, but the portability isn't too great. I brought this to carry in my purse, as cuticle oil + a purse, might not work out too well. I can't describe what it smells like... its not a bad smell though, its pleasant. This helps moisturize my cuticles pretty well. While it is not the replacement for my beloved cuticle oils, it gets the job done when I am on the go.

on 2/9/2005 12:52:00 AM

I received this as an extra in a swap so I am not sure about the cost but Avon is relatively inexpensive anyway. I did not care for this product at all. It was a large, congealed blob. I could barely get any of the product out. It had a strong floral smell. I just tossed it in the trash.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love the smell, its amazing. It helps my cuticles okay, nothing spectacular...so if not for that heavenly smell I might not rebuy.

on 11/14/2009 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I had great hopes for this cuticle treatment, but ended up disappointed. It was sort of greasy with a strong perfumey smell and didn't help my dry cuticles at all. I won't buy this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

So lately at work I`ve been dealing with massive amounts of paperwork and have gotten papercuts and dry fingertips. I saw this product in their catalog and decided to give it a try. When I first opened it, I adored the smell! I cant put my finger on what it actually smells like, but its aromalicious! The product itself however isn`t as helpful as I`d hope it would be. Ive used it for a couple of weeks straight and it seems slightly helpful but not very.

Popular Treatments