Givenchy Hot Couture

Givenchy Hot Couture
Hot Couture

on 3/22/2017 7:39:00 PM

Let me start my review by saying I own over 100 perfumes... 177 last I counted. So it's safe to say fragrances are kinda my jam and I know a signature worthy "stand out scent" when I come across one! Hot Couture is one of the only fragrances I've ever come across that is so unique I honestly can't say "this reminds me of____" or "If you like_____, you'll love this!" Hot Couture is truly unlike ANY other fragrance I've ever encountered in my years as a fragrance collector and I have tested THOUSANDS. It's brilliant.

Another upside to Hot Couture is, I have never walked into a room or down the street and passed someone wearing it. Like, literally ever. It's a very well kept secret in the perfume community. In fact, a friend of mine who also collects and adores Givenchy fragrances had never even heard of Hot Couture. The benefits keep coming as it lasts 10 hours, projects well with good silage without being obnoxious or "too much", and it draws compliments like crazy. I'm telling you, this stuff is GOLD.

It is slightly sweet in a "natural" way. Think fresh raspberries versus candy. There's a expensive pipe or cigar tobacco hint to it as well (in the BEST way possible, don't let that description put you off) the musk is incredibly sexy. This fragrance is incredibly versatile as well. Could easily be worn in the dead of winter or the hottest summer day and every day in between and fit in perfectly. It's just that way. This stuff is a magical elixir.

I am consistently impressed by Givenchy. They know how to knock it out of the park with every fragrance. Even the ones I won't wear myself like Amirage, I can appreciate on other people because of their superb blending of notes. But Hot Couture is probably my favorite from that house. One of my favorite fragrances of all time for that matter and that's saying something.

on 3/3/2017 5:48:00 PM

Best kept secret! No one I know wears this perfume, and I get tons of compliments. It's sweet and sexy, yet perfect for any season and time of day. Perfection!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

EDT version works well with my body chemistry! I didn't like the first spritz but as the scent dries down it gets better and better and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist! I'm addicted! It was a successful blind buy! Will definitely repurchase

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am so upset that I was only just introduced to this perfume now; this is the scent I have been searching for my entire life! To get an understanding of my perfume taste, I prefer gourmand, cake-y vanilla food scents, but I have been trying to find something a bit more mature so I don't feel like I smell like a flippin' cupcake all the time. I own D&G The One, Aquolina Pink Sugar, Pink Sugar Seductive, Thierry Mugler Alien, Dior Hypnotic Poison, Britney Spears Fantasy, Yves Rocher Organic Vanilla, Guess by Marciano, and Jessica Simpson Fancy, to name a few.
This perfume smells sweet, fresh, musky and spicy all in one. I cannot believe how good this smells on me. I still satisfy my sweet tooth, but with a much more mature flair. I can't stop smelling myself! And this EDT actually works very well with my chemistry (which often picks up heavily on the musk notes).
I usually test a perfume against my chemistry by spritzing it on at night and sleeping in it. If I wake up smelling wonderful, and the scent has lingered I know it's a winner! Hot Couture was with me all night, and I was pleasantly whiffing this seductive scent once I awoke. Literally heaven!!
This may just be my new signature scent.

on 12/11/2016 4:19:00 PM

Received samples of this and fell in love. I must own this. It's one of the best things I ever smelled. Like, I want to smell like this every day. Sweet and fruity, smoky and mysterious, yummy, pretty, sexy. Looooooong lasting. Like it doesn't quit. Ever. Even when I have a shower after 12+ hrs of wearing this (during which time it doesn't even seem to fade) the smell just intensifies...and even after washing if I put my nose to my skin I can still faintly smell it. Quality. Smoky raspberry scent basically...hot, hot, hot

My one and only! I have two bottles of this and cannot be without it. It has a sexy, sweet, smokey raspberry scent. It's definently a going out/evening perfume. I've got so many compliments (especially from men) while wearing this! This perfume makes my husband go nuts lol ;)

People are saying this was discontinued. We carry it at Sephora, but it must simply have been reformulated because this stuff Reeks. I can't even describe how bad it smells. Mine of my coworkers will spray this on us from time to time when she's feeling naughty. It is so terrible, and lingers on forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The first time I tried this it reminded me of cotton candy and red hot candies. I get a mix of raspberry and cinnamon with a lovely musky amber dry down. I love it! It came out before Pink Sugar, and I think around the time Escada released "Magnetism", but all three of them remind me of each other. Hot Couture is the best of the 3 in my opinion. I've bought countless bottles over the years. I get so many compliments on it! I agree with the reviewer who said it reminds her of Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink. It so does! It's a very sweet 80's type of scent, really fab for sure. And the I love the bottle design and fabric cut out to go with it. So hot, white hot! hehee...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is honestly heaven in a bottle. I have a wide of array of different scents in my collection. For example I own Aqua Di Gioia by Armani, and if you've ever smelled that you know it smells nothing like Hot Couture. Hot Couture, is a sweet, dark and sexy fragrance. It may sound weird but when you spray it, it smells hot. Like actually hot. It's a beautiful perfume, and it lasts a long time. My boyfriend is obsessed with this fragrance, out of all the ones I own he likes this one the most. I carry it around with me and it is slowly making its way to my HG list. Worth a try. However, he aware that this fragrance smells different on everyone, so you should definitely test it out before buying it, as it is pricey.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I am so mad that I just now found out about this scent. I was watching a YouTube favorites video (Glamtwins334) and they were raving about how awesome this perfume was. I went to Sephora smelled it and HATED it! I dont know what it was but it just didnt smell good to me. I started to watch another YouTube video and they were raving about this fragrance as well (Rosita Applebum) so I decided to give it another try. I went and purchased it again without smelling it and when I got to my car I ripped open the packaging that it came in and sprayed it on my hand. Ugh, was my initial reaction. Then something magical happened. It settled onto my skin and I couldnt help but continue to smell my hand every five seconds... Long story short, I have purchased 4 bottles of this perfume in the span of a month because I heard its being discontinued. I hope to God it isnt. I prefer the edt better. For some reason the edp doesnt last as long and is not as strong as the edt version but I still love in nonetheless. It smells fruity, and creamy with a hint of tobacco in it. Its sweet, flirty and dirty at the same time. I love it!! Perfect going out scent. When I wear it I feel expensive, beautiful and flirtatious lol. Its crazy how one scent can make you feel a way such as this. This is definitely my holy grail scent and I plan on purchasing at least two more bottles because I am OBSESSED with this fragrance... I hope it doesnt get discontinued.. This scent is timeless!!! I love it!!!

Popular Fragrances