70%

price range

Reviews

from

7 years ago

Givenchy Hot Couture is elegant and confident! This is the perfect scent for that sweet, innocent woman with a secret sexy, naughty allure to her. A sweet smoke raspberry spiced up with vetiver. Soft hints of jasmine and bergamot with warm amber, musk, and a touch of rose. I am absolutely in love with this bewitching, glamorous, and sophisticated fragrance!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlack

7 years ago

smells like juicy couture couture, smells like rasberries...sweet and warm.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Love this product! My favourite scent by far, I will always keep buying this! Super excited when christmas came around got the Givenchy holiday gift set with the perfume,roll on and lotion, love it!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

EyesHazel

7 years ago

This is my all time favorite perfume! I had purchased this back when they had the Alexander McQueens limited edition. I've gotten so many compliments from family and friends; strangers have even came up to me and have asked what I was wearing. The smell is so unique it's like a raspberry wood pepper smell. I can't really describe it, but it smells so elegant. I only wear this on special occasions because it is pretty pricey, but well worth the splurge! I'm so glad that Givenchy had brought this back. For a long while.. It was very hard to find.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

Hmmm . . . . After pondering over this for 2 years, I finally went for the 100ml EDT blind-buy based on the cult-like reviews and the Michael Edwards Fragrance Finder that consistently recommended this when i put in several of my current favs in their "If you like that then try this" . . . . I love berry notes and my skin tends to radiate spices and earthy notes (sometimes to my chagrin), so I hoped this would be a winner. It is not my destiny with Hot Couture. I don't get ANY berries beyond the first 5 minutes, yet something oddly and vaguely sweet lingers in the background . . .like fruits stewed with soup spices?? Strange. . . Then the combination of the spices and vetiver drew a definative/firm line in the sand and that is that. It appears that I'm alone in my lack of love for this strangely sweet peppery, rooty concoction that is not very pleasing to my nose. I don't hate it but I don't get the loveliness that so many have described here. I'll give it another go before deciding its fate in my collection or offering it up for swap. So sad.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Other

7 years ago

I LOVE the smell of this perfume. I use it interchangeably with my D&G Light blue or on days/nights when I am going out. I think it's such a classy smell and I really like the way it smells on my skin. I always find people asking me what perfume I'm wearing whenever I have this one on.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I went to sephora looking for a new fragrance because I was getting a little bored of my current favourite which is Dark Kiss from bath and body works. I told the sales lady this and she plugged dark kiss into the computer to see if there were other scents along the same lines and somehow Hot Couture was one of the alternatives that came up. Well I tried it and loved it almost immediately because it was a little fruity with a bit of a dark edge to it. I walked around in the mall for a little until it dried down all while constantly smelling my wrists because of how divine it smelled. I ended up buying it and now I wear it every day even when I'm at home and going to bed. I think this lasts a lot longer than some of my other perfumes. Also I've been getting a ton of compliments on this from the guys and that almost never happens. One guy friend says it reminds him of patchouli which is one of his favourite scents. Overall, this fragrance to me makes me feel like a good girl with a bit of a bad girl edge. I get bored of perfume fairly quickly but this one seems to be keeping me interested. It's been over a month now and I have no desire to change fragrances. I have also noticed that this perfume changes sightly from day to day some days its sweet, some days it's sexy and dark, some days its a little of both. BTW I didn't find this to be any more expensive compared to the other perfumes on display. Packaging is not big and chunky so it fits easily into my purse. I will most definitely buy this again when it runs out... it is running out already :)

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I am in love with this scent and I just wish I had another lifetime just to wear this! I am buying the biggest bottle available in the nearest future! Smokey, slightly dusty peppery raspberry with a vanilla base, that doesn't lull you into an olfactory coma, but rather keeps your nostrils open in anticipqation of the next whiff you might catch! I so love the pepper here: with anything else but raspberry it would have been suffocationg and blah, but they make such a beautiful marriage in this bottle! Frankly, I am amaze, that this perfume is relatively young, because to me it just screams decadence (and I am a big fan of all things D !:)) , and this is what the 20s would have smelled like in my imagination: deep red liquor and smoke floating around dusty parlours, gentlemen in suits and hats ladies in beaded tassel dresses... I am exactly in this kind of mood these days and I simply cannot wait to dab a little of HOT COUTURE and immediately emerge feeling like a real old glamour cabaret diva!:)

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I love strong scents that aren't too floral based. This scent has a sweet, fruity base and lasts for hours. It's the kind of fragrance that stops people dead in their tracks. A bit on the expensive side but I feel it is well worth the price. It's not for everyoe, but I adore this fragrance!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

1.0

8 years ago

I sprayed this on at the store. I did not like this. I even let it dry down for quite awhile hoping I would like it then but I still didn't like it. Too sweet and smokey on me.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age44-55