Sephora Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

This stuff is thebomb.com. I love it so much.

It's super black and pretty much dries matte. It has a little tiny brush that makes it easy to apply and fill in close to the lashes.

If you make a mistake, it is a little difficult to fix because when you get it wet or use makeup remover, it runs and smears like crazy. It's usually a do-over situation for me, but I'm certainly no eyeliner pro. That said, I never have a problem with it running or flaking during normal every-day wear.

The first bottle I had, the lid broke when I tried to screw it on too tightly. It still worked, but I think it dried out a lot more quickly than it would have normally. I'm more careful now.

Absolutely would recommend and will without a doubt repurchase.

I buy this eyeliner in threes, because I am so scared that they will discontinue it someday. It's the perfect consistency and the brush is very very thin. I never have problems with it running, and for my lower lid I put it in the inside (I know a lot of people think it's gross, but us blonds kind of have to)

To Read all 160 Reviews, Login or Join

After running out of my beloved Clio eyeliner, I picked this up at Sephora as a temporary solution. (Just can't leave home without eyeliner!) This is a brush, so it's definitely harder to apply than a pen. The tip of the brush is uber fine, so you can draw very thin lines, but it doesn't work as well for creating thicker lines. Also, it dries really quickly upon application, so I have to draw multiple dashes and then connect them instead of being able to draw one long swoop along my eyelid. It does have good staying power...even better than Clio...and will stay put all day without smudging. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove my eyeliner one night before going to bed and the resulting black marks on my white pillowcase will not come out despite multiple rounds of OxyClean. :( So I would definitely recommend always removing this at night. I'm going back to Clio for the ease of a pen eyeliner, but this is pretty good for the price if you like brush applicators.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This review is for the High Precision Eye Liner in black by Sephora. I was on the hunt for an eyeliner that would stay put all day as most of my previous liquid eyeliners would typically rub off and look non existent after a few hours even when I wasn't too active. A friend recommended this eyeliner and so far I love it. The colour goes on strong and smooth and after 8 hours, my line hasn't moved at all! Price is also great...sells for $15 at Sephora which is only a few dollars more than most drugstore brands.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you're searching for a waterproof eyeliner this is not a good purchase. It peels of and cracks when it dries, then you can literally use your saliva to remove it. Such a bad purchase for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this eyeliner in Fancy Blue... at first. I even went back and got it in Black since that seemed so popular as it was always sold out. I love how bright cobalt blue and MATTE Fancy Blue is. But unfortunately, I realized it flakes throughout the day, I will get specks of it on my cheeks throughout the day because it starts flaking. Even when I don't wear any mascara with it. I never have had issues with flaking from an EYELINER! Even with mascara I never have issues with flaking so this surprised me. Still on the hunt for the perfect bright, cobalt blue eyeliner. This one got the color right but not the formula since it flakes. Maybe I can find a gel formula in the same shade.

Also, FYI, this product seems almost identical to Revlon's Skinny Liner which I own in Black and I suspect the bright blue shade it comes in is also a dupe for the Sephora one. The packaging is identical and both are made in Germany. The skinny liner brush is finer and more brush-like though, while the Sephora one is more felt-like. The Sephora black also seems a tad darker but not by much - both are the darkest matte black I have found in a liner, I compared a bunch of my black liners one day and discovered this. I haven't actually tested the Sephora black out yet other than swatching but I'm hoping it doesn't flake like the Fancy Blue. Will probably keep them but would not buy again due to flaking.

EDIT: So I tried the Revlon Skinny liquid liner in blue and I can confirm it is the SAME bright, matte, cobalt blue as the Sephora product, and it does NOT FLAKE at all throughout the day. Score! :) I returned the Sephora blue. The Sephora black, however, is great and I have since worn it and can confirm that it does NOT flake. Only the Sephora fancy blue had a major flaking problem.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to love this eyeliner when I first started using liquid eyeliner. But it's just not pigmented and is SO wet. I have to reapply many coats to build the color but its so wet that it wipes itself off. I love the color options Sephora offers but the formulation just isn't right. Great for beginners who want more control since the brush is the perfect flexibility and is awesome. I use Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner and it's cheaper, and much much better. Sorry. Great if you're in a pinch, but there are better options out there.

I am not a fan of liquid liners - but this one by Sephora is practically the ONE I can recommend to other people just like me.

It does what it say: lasts long, doesn't budge or smudge and the color intensity is perfect. Now there are different finishes for this product, I tend to go for those that are 'matte' because they give the best color pay-off.

I can wear this liner all day long and experience zero discomfort. Of course it is not 100% waterproof - it will come off once you get your eyes wet. But it is strong enough not to smudge all around your lids or underneath.

If you want a professional review for this eyeliner by Sephora, I leave a blog/review link below which I hope will be helpful:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got this as part of a gift set.

Its ok. The felt tip makes it easy to apply. but the staying powder isn't that great. meh- I'm sure there's better out there!

When I first tried it on the back of my hand in Sephora I thought it was pretty good, dries up quick and doesn't seem to smudge at all so I bought this.
It smudged just right about an hour after I applied on my upper eyelids. By the end of the day I looked like a raccoon with the black ink all over my eyelids, and also major smearing under my eyes. I went to gym right after work with my make up still on, ended up looking like I have applied black eye shadow intentionally.
Honestly one of the worst liquid eyeliners I have ever purchased.