MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush - Sunbasque

MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush - Sunbasque
MAC Sunbasque

4.5

This is a pretty blush that’s bronze/peach and has pearlescent shimmer. There’s glitter I can see in the pan, but it shows up as shimmer on the cheeks. It makes me look like I spent some time outdoors and got a bit of a tan plus a flush to my cheeks. I’m NC 30 in Mac so I’m not sure how this would work for fair individuals. This blush will last a very long time however if you’re looking for a drugstore dupe, try Physicians Formula Mosaic blush in “blushing natural.” That’s a blush I’ve used for awhile and I noticed it looks very similar to Sunbasque by with less shimmer. Swatched side by side, they’re very similar, but Sunbasque has a bit more of brown in it.

on 7/31/2018 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am a NW20-25 and this is a beautiful terracotta colour with a golden sheen (no glitter) on me, unfortunately this sheen emphasizes my pores. The colour payoff is great, so you only need a little bit for both cheeks. It lasts 5-6 hours and blends really well.
If MAC were cruelty free, I would definitely buy it again, so for now I am trying to use all my MAC products up.
It retails in Spain for 24 euros for 6 gr.

on 9/1/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this blush for 8 years now. I love it! Its such a beautiful color! Its like a bronzer and blush in one! It gives me a nice sunkissed look. I hope this color never gets discontinued!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Medium darker skin toned girls, I'm telling you this is the only blush you'll ever need in your life. I used up mine in less than five months of winter while I was deprived of the sun, and rushed out to get a new one. It's like a cross between a bronzer and a blush, but more sheer and buildable, leaving a very natural glow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am quite picky with blush. I have a very warm skintone but a lot of redness in my cheeks that some foundations can't conceal completely. I also have full cheeks and not a lot of definition to them. I have purchased many MAC blushes and gave them away, sadly, because they weren't flattering on me or they were too light to show up on my medium skin. I have had sunbasque for about 2 years now and I've not had a single thought about getting rid of it. I use it almost every time I apply makeup. I have a tendency to make everything look more pink than it is. For example, when I wear neutral roses they end up looking way too pink on me. When I wear coral it ends up looking pink too. Sunbasque has a lot of peach and bronze in it but on my skintone it looks more like a natural flush. Nude Peachy pink type of color. It matches with all lip colours that I wear (I wear brick reds and MLBBs). It has that instant pretty effect, making my face look more angular, my eyes looking brighter, makes me look happier and prettier. This is to me what something like Tarte exposed or blushbaby is to most people. A perfect, no brainer blush that instantly gives you an understated glow.

The staying power isn't the greatest, but I only have a couple of long days a week, so it's no big deal.

Sunbasque is a peach-pink colour with a hint of gold. A little goes a long way with this colour, and only a slight dusting on the cheeks will provide you with a beautiful glow. This blush looks slightly bronze in the pan, however on the skin it provides the cheeks with a natural sunkissed glow rather than a bronze look, as a the peachy-pink is very apparent and the shade's true colour. It is a high quality brush and perfect for summer time when you have a bit of a tan (though I do wear this in winter too, on days where my skin is looking a bit dull). This is a fun, good quality blush and as you only need a little for the colour to show up, it should last a very long time.

on 4/21/2015 10:14:00 AM

This is a warm peach pink colour with hinge of bronze in it. It is very shimmery in a right way that it gives a nice GLOW to your cheeks without any chunky flecks of glitter. it just blends beautifully into the skin. Alone it would be too much of a dark peach pink on my skin tone so i like to mix it with my bronzer to lighten and also make it look softer for my skin tone.
Didn't break me out. Last the whole day for 12 hours on me as well, super impressed

on 4/20/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was my first ever MAC blusher. After getting so many compliments from using my friends one I bought my own! I am NC44 in MAC and this shade just makes me look so dewy and glowy and makes my tanned skin look so much nicer! Its like bronzer and blusher together. I have had this blusher for 6 years and I've still got the same pot! Lasts ages and with regular use as well. Its very shimmery and the past year I've been suffering from enlarged pores and now the shimmer seems to emphasise them more so I have gone off it a bit, but its deffo a beautiful colour, especially on all you tanned ladies out there!

I am an NC20 and this blush is my go to! It provides a warm glow, however I would not describe this as 'bronze' on me it definitely shows up as a blush. The colour payoff is great, just a small amount on the apples of my cheeks wakes up and brightens my complexion, leaving me feeling confident. It definitely wakes up the complexion. The blush has shimmer however it does not look frosty or glittery on the cheeks. On my complexion it looks very natural. This blush is definitely a staple in my makeup kit. I would recommend it to all people with warm undertones in their skin. :)

on 9/12/2014 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh, Sunbasque. This is a lovely peachy, bronzy, blush from MAC and the formula is Sheertone Shimmer. This, of course, does have a large amount of shimmer. This blush applies evenly and blends well. I like that this tends to not look too bronzey, but more peachy on my skin. Whenever I wear this, I get compliments on how glowy my skin looks. I like to pair this with Melba blush to add more of a pop of color. Typically this blush wears about 6 hours on me (as most MAC blushes do) and I also like that this looks freshly applied if I do need to touch up later in the day. There does appear to be some orange in this blush, but it doesn't make my skin look over-bronzed or orange. It's a great MAC blush to add to your collection and works with pink and peach blushes. I'd purchase again (I actually use this so often that I'm close to hitting pan!)

Popular Blush Products