MAC flutterby

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this product back in college sometime when a makeup-challenged friend and I went to a MAC counter and got made over. Flutterby was the lipstick recommended for me and I ended up buying it. After going a few years without wearing any lipstick, one day when I was cleaning out my bathroom drawers I found it and decided to give it a try. It's such a lovely color and I'm so sad that it was limited edition. It's a pinky nude with a bit of shimmer. If it were still available, I'd definitely buy again. For now I'll have to rely on swaps or find something similar.

I was swayed by all the great reviews here, and since i love lustres i thought i'ld give this a try. It's a very well balanced pink-beige nude with no shimmer. I'm a PPP with not very pigmented lips, and this was the EXACT same shade as my lips, just a teeny bit more glossy. Which kind of defeats the purpose of wearing lipstick.. i might as well wear clear gloss! It is beautiful (in the tube and swatched) though, and i could see it working for many other people, just not me. Up for swap!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually bought this twice, returned it the first time, decided to give it another try...the second time I bought it, I paired it up with Armani lipliner #2..and it's gorgeous!! a beigey/pinkish look with shimmer..love it.

This color is so pretty on my light lips and neutral/warm LLL complexion, I could kick MAC for making it limited edition. It's a sheer, glossy beigy pink with a soft sheen of shimmer. It makes my lips look fuller and prettier, but still very natural. I love the moisturizing lustre formula as well, even though it isn't the longest lasting.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG, dare I say it? I think it's going to be a HG for me. I have the cursed pink lips that turn most lipstick fushia. With Flutterby, I have the perfect pale, pink-nude lips that I've been coveting forever. It is slightly pinker than my other favorites: Mark Nekkid & SK Demure, but the texture & finish of this is so much better than the other 2.

I've never finished a lipstick in my life, but I seriously think I should get a backup of this.