MAC flutterby

4.7

the PERFECT nude lipstick. sheer, pinky beige with slight shimmer. this is a lustre formula.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Got this yesterday and I absolutely love it. How is it possible that MAC could make 2 new lippies that I could love so much, High Tea and now the new Flutterby from the Madam B collection. Great sheery pinky beige nude. Nice with Whirl lipliner.

This is a beautiful creamy nude, a light beige with just a little pink in it, just enough so it doesn't look brownish and blah. It works well over my pigmented lips to tone them down for a nude look, but it doesn't wash me out, just gives my lips this muted and creamy look that I really love, yet allowing some of the pinkness of my lips to shine through.

Lustre formula so there's no frost to it but that lovely flossy and natural look.

This really is a great lipstick, I would repurchase.
continued >>

A beautiful shimmery champagne nude with a hint of pinky peach. I have very pigmented lips and a tan, so this pairs nicely with a smokey or earthy eye! I wish it weren't LE ~ otherwise it would be one of my HG lip colors! I purchased 2 of them and hopefully, they'll last me a very long time!!!

It looks like a nude-beige l/s but actually turns pinkish on me. I'm NC30 and some reds turn fuschia on me as well. I really like Flutterby though.

Flutterby turns a nude pink on me with a touch of shimmer. It is quite sheer but very nice on it's own. NC20, brown, green.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG, dare I say it? I think it's going to be a HG for me. I have the cursed pink lips that turn most lipstick fushia. With Flutterby, I have the perfect pale, pink-nude lips that I've been coveting forever. It is slightly pinker than my other favorites: Mark Nekkid & SK Demure, but the texture & finish of this is so much better than the other 2.

I've never finished a lipstick in my life, but I seriously think I should get a backup of this.

a fabulous lipstick! it's a sheer-ish peachy nude that is very flattering to my PPP yellow toned skin. i can't wear anything in the orange family, but this is just peach enough to look good, without being orange at all. it's very unique, too. i've never come across a nude lipstick quite this shade, and i've tried a lot of them. i agree with the other girls, this is definitely HG material- too bad it's LE.

I don't see the peach in this pinky nude. Overall a beautiful color on my unpigmented lips. The perfect milky pink nude with slight shimmer- just enough to give it some shine. Doesn't wash me out either. I like this better than Hug Me.

I recently spontaneously dyed my hair from soft golden brown to deep violet purple. What I didn't consider before doing this is that all of my warm-toned makeup would end up looking terribly orange on me. So I had to put my beloved High Tea and Dainty Cake lipsticks into semi-retirement. I had accumulated 6 empties for the Back 2 MAC program and decided to get something nice for my change in coloring. I had loved High Tea like crazy and had heard that Flutterby was a more pink-toned version with similar results (lustre finish, subtle, flattering). I knew it was LE so I figured why not? I walked away with it, eager to try it out.

It is divine! It doesn't wash me out as many less pigmented makeup items do with my hair color. It is a gorgeous pink that makes my chapped lips look smooth and lush. This is going to be great while I'm in my funky hair phase! continued >>