Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks- Chocolate Cherry

BB Pot Rouges 2

4.6

on 3/26/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sadly this didn't work for me. Pros: Chocolate cherry is a beautiful color if you are into darker shades, and yes it can be worn on fair skin. The compact is sleek and contains a decent mirror for touch ups, easy to carry with you in a variety of situations.

On to the cons: Sticky application on the cheeks. I've tried with fingers and a flat foundation brush, either way it isn't creamy so it doesn't glide on, consistency is identical to the result you would get patting a cream lipstick bullet onto your cheeks and then spreading. Hard to control, sinks into pores, final effect is grainy, color fades fast. As a lip gloss it's tough to get on evenly when applied with finger, fares better with a lipstick brush. But oy vey who wants to painstakingly apply a gloss purchased specifically for it's seeming carefree "apply and go" ability. Then, the shine fades down within minutes, in a half hour the color fades away also and to boot the products severely dries my lips.

I really loved this in theory, but not in reality.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

FYI: I am a 45 year old Latina woman with very fair olive, well-preserved mature combination skin (moderate facial lines, redness)

Use: Following skin care and tinted moisturizer, I touch product with a paddle type foundation brush, pat lightly onto cheeks, nose tip, eyelids, tip of chin, and use separate brush to pat on lips.

Comments: Beautiful color will complement a wide range of skin tones. Similar color to original "Blushing Bride" (Tarte Cheek Stain -- NOT the present bright pink color) and Clinique "Black Honey".

Very pigmented product! Very fair skinned users should apply sparingly and build color as desired. I use enough for a sheer, slightly dewy, natural flush. Rosy, youthful, healthy looking glow. Blends easily. For me, brush application allowed me to better control amount and placement of product.

Wear lasts a 10+ hour workday with minimal fading. I don't find texture overly moist/greasy, but likely my younger ultra-oily skin would not tolerate it. Drier skin would likely absorb more product and limit wear time.

Jar/pot packaging is always a con. I use a clean brush for each application to minimize contamination, but only so much can be done. Pricey product, company utilizes animal testing.

I went grocery shopping wearing only this blush over sunscreen, tousled hair, and baggy casual clothes and an attractive young lady about half my age "guarded" her boyfriend/husband (also about half my age) from me. Go figure.

on 11/10/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This Bobbi Brown product is my most favourtie of her makeup collection. The pot rouges especially this colour 'Chocolate Cherry' is my must-have product for the fall/winter weather. The reason being that it is the perfect shade of red-pink-brown mixed all together giving the 'i know i'm sexy' flushed cheek. I wear this only with eyeliner, mascara, and this on the cheeks (with a bluch brush), highlighter on the cheeks, and this for my lipcolour. I don't find this drying as a lip product either so that's wonderful. This colour simply gives me the sexy, bombshell, yet fresh and sophisticated look in minutes. Also, this lasts on me for a good 8 to 10 hours. It's highly pigmented so be careful when using this and blend alot. To top that off the new packaing is sleek, beautiful, easy to carry, and with a mirror to make applications easy. I LOVE THIS!!! BB please DO NOT discontinue this product ever!
For reference, I'm NC15, NARS Gobi (cream foundation) or Finland (in tinted moisturizer), in skintone.

on 9/20/2011 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Looks very dark in the pot but blends well into a reddish flush. This is very close to the color of my cheeks after I go skiing / running. Does wonders for blue eyes. Lasts much longer than powder blush. Wore it on a plane trip (18 hrs from Cleve. to Tokyo) and it still looked great. Did not like it on my lips-- texture was off and not moist enough-- pity, it's a beautiful color.

on 2/25/2011 7:26:00 PM

I really like the pot rouges but this color is not what I expected so I'm a little disappointed. I bought it online thinking it was a reddish brown (because that was what the description said) but it's really a dark wine color. More like chocolate plum than cherry. Still it does give a natural flush and makes a pretty lip stain as well. I apply with the MAC 187 and that seems to work well. I tried a flat top brush but that seemed to give an uneven application. I do wish this color was warmer but it's still pretty

The pot rouge product itself is great. I normally can't do cream blush but this actually stays on my face for most of the day and it doesn't break me out.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love pot rouges - this is my fourth, and a very different, very useful color. It's the only one I can wear on both cheeks and lips, and I do so requently. It's not drying. One thing I'm realizing is that there's a tradeoff here: with such a dark pigmented blush, I have to apply it so lightly that it doesn't always make it through the whole day like my others. It's a delicate balance requiring a bit of practice.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I was reluctant to purchase this product simply because most deeper tones, while likely being more suited to my coloring, end up bringing out the ruddiness of my complexion and making my face look more inflammed than blushed. This, however, is a very natural looking, wearable flush. It's what I've wanted all of those flushed cheek stains to do for me, but never could accomplish. This does look quite intense in the pan, but a liitle goes a long way and sheers out to an exquisitely natural flush. The more I use MU, the more I am returning to a natural look and this is one of the best products for giving that post-run flush. There is no bright or garish harshness to this. I love all of BB's PR, and this is my newest favorite. Luckily, this being a deeper tone, it works magnificently as a sheer lip color too, nice for a touch of that wine-stained look. This shade could be called Merlot. Definitely a sophisticated deeper blush whereas most bleed out to look like a kid playing with her mom's rouge. This shade is back-up worthy, and offers more depth and warmth than Velvet Plum.

on 3/21/2010 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've had this Pot Rouge for about two weeks now, and I've been wearing it every day. It has quickly reached the ranks of my all-time favorites! I don't know how it had escaped me for so long, because this truly is an amazing hue. I am very pale (think "cafe au lait, but without the cafe") with blue eyes and auburn hair, so I need a light flush of color to keep me from looking like I'm on the wrong side of the ground. Just the lightest tap of my finger to the product, then dab on the apples of my cheeks to blend, and it looks like the most natural flush from a cold winter's day! I immediately received compliments at work when I started wearing this, but nobody noticed that it's just my new makeup;-) Do not be fooled by the appearance of Chocolate Cherry in the container...it is scary dark, but when applied with a light hand, even the ghastly pale folks like me can pull this off. I would repurchase, but with the generous amount contained within, I probably won't have to for a very long time.

on 12/7/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have an overwhelming urge to collect any kind of dark burgundy color that I can use on my lips. So of course, when I saw this swatched, I knew it had to be mine. I doubted that I could use it on my cheeks being that I'm a pretty light NC20. However, this stuff works amazing for me as both a lip color AND a cheek color. The color applies very sheerly and blends out really easily, giving me a beautiful slightly flushed look. I use just one finger swipe per cheek, dotted 3 times and blended out with my finger. Easy peasy, and it lasts a long time. For lips, you have to moisturize first because it's not too creamy so it would go on unevenly otherwise. However, once its on, it stays put for quite a while. Not a stain really, but if you aren't eating or drinking it should stay on for a good 2-3 hours. It's also a great travel item; today I had no real time for makeup before I left the house so I just put this on my lips and cheeks real quick in the car and I actually looked put together. Anyway, great item I would recommend for all skin tones, even pale ones!

on 11/2/2009 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Eventhough it looked scarily dark in the pan, but it will appear sheer and the color is buildable too, I'm using buffing brush, so only tiny amount on the brush and just circle the cheek, it'll give you a nice flush..
I think I'm gonna give the other color a try, since the size of this pot is huge, dun think it'll last in a millenium!