no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I might have found my HG foundation at this point. So light I can barely feel it on my skin. Keeps my extremely oily skin under control when I wear it alone. I noticed when I wear it over my It Cosmetics CC cream, I have to blot a little more, but I stil don't seem to get too oily. Hasn't irritated my skin. In fact, I had a horrible rash from an allergic reaction to something, and this powder not only covered it beautifully, but it has gotten better since using this makeup. I will definitely caution anyone purchasing online to see if there is a place to get a color match first, because the colors look much different than in the compact. I am very fair and bamboo is a perfect color match.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

1.0

6 years ago

I was so disappointed by this product after reading all the rave reviews, I bought this in Shell, with is super pale with a yellow undertone. I tried it dry, wet, with primer, without primer, it is inconsistent, chalky looking, clings to dry skin and cannot be built up, and other dry products do not cling to it, for example, when I when to apply my bronzer and blush over it they just slid on it and wouldn't apply properly. I did try it over foundation lightly to build up the coverage of the foundation and it was ok, but it started to separate on the skin and my natural shine came through by the end of the day and looked a little cakey.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

from

8 years ago

I was on a mission for the perfect mattifying, natural looking powder foundation. My combination-oily, acne-prone skin is the worst it's ever been, but this powder seems to be reversing that! I have given a complete 1-month trial to each of the "equivalent" (I.e.: mattifying, natural-looking) powders from Lancome, Shiseido, Clinique, Chanel, and MAC. None of them compare whatsoever to this goddess-birthing powder foundation. Chantecaille got it RIGHT. The coverage is amazing- it covers the most obscene blemishes and discoloration without revealing itself. It literally looks like I'm not wearing makeup. It makes my skin look like my 5 year old niece's skin. Baby soft, supple, full of light & life. The vitamins and other healing ingredients in this makeup make my skin happy and healthy. My T-zone and chin are usually oil slicks by noon, but not when I wear this. I can last a complete 8 hour workday without having to re-apply; and even when I do oil up a bit in the evening, it doesn't look bad! Just naturally dewy, in a non-obvious way. Even at 5pm, it still looks like I'm not wearing makeup- but that I have naturally beautiful skin (which, keep in mind, is really not the case!) This powder is perfect to wear alone, as well as over liquid foundation. It makes me look like I walked out of a magazine- airbrushed yet natural. I will never repurchase another powder foundation again! *HOLY GRAIL* FOUND!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Really good quality face powder, lightweight, it does what it says: it leaves your skin beautiful, silky looking :-) Im not so keen on the packaging as i cant tap it on the lid and swap my brush in it , i have to use a different lid for that. Unfortunately the shade im using (shadow - which is the darkest available) is not dark enough (my skin is medium with yellow undertone) so i have to subtly apply a bronzer on top. What i like about this powder is that, even after i use my moisturizer and sun protection cream, it leaves my skin fresh looking , non greasy (unfortunately that was the case with so many powder foundations i have tried before). Totally in love!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

I have very oily skin and so far this is the only foundation that doesn't melt off my skin the first hour. It is very light weight, it doesn't feel like I have anything on. I use cashew and it is a great match. This is the first foundation that hasn't given me breakouts and seems to keep pimples away.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrunette

16 years ago

My HG powder foundation!! I'd use it everyday except it's kinda expensive :P but it's sooo nice! The powder itself is very fine, very silky, nice color match for me (shell), never chalky and doesn't dry out my skin at all! (unlike MAC and Lancome's powder foundation, totally dries me out). It does not make flaky skin look bad and it stays fresh through out the day. Really worth the $$$!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

HairBrown

17 years ago

This is my favorite powder foundation. I have it in Peach, which looks as though it is too dark in the pan, but matches my skin really well. It has a very smooth look to it, and is not at all heavy. I like this much better than MAC StudioFix which tends to look dry and cakey/powdery on me.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinOther

17 years ago

I have this product in Petal and really like it. It applies without looking cakey or dry (and my skin is normal to dry). The only drawback is not everyone can find a good color match.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

3.0

18 years ago

I got this in Cashew online. Great compact, very smooth. Decent coverage. But I don't think any of their colors are meant for actual human beings.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinOther

from

18 years ago

I am absolutely in love! I won this on ebay for on $20 which included shipping. This is the very first powder foundation which matches my skin perfectly! I have an extremely complicated skintone(a mix of yellow, olive, and tan.) Most other powder foundations are either to orange, pink, brown or too peach but this one is perfect! Almost everytime I wear this someone compliments me on my beautiful skin! I am in between mac C35/C40 HHH. and I use the shade cashew. Try this if you want an exceptionally smooth, glowing and beautiful skin.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age19-24