Dr. Hauschka Eye Revive

Dr. Hauschka Eye Revive
Eye ReviveEye Revive

4.6

NEW (Eye Revive) Water/Aqua, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Fragrance/Parfum, Citronellol*. *Component of natural essential oils OLD (Eye Solace) Water/Aqua, Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract,Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria/German Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Black Tea) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil (Rose Essential Oil)
NOTE: formerly Eye Solace with 2 fewer ingredients
Dr. Hauschka reviews, photos and discussion

Amazing stuff! I use it as an overnight treatment ( underneath the eye mask while sleeping) during busy days when I only get 5 or less hours to sleep. It does wonders over night, I wake up with well-rested, fresh-looking skin around eye-area. Hooked !

This product really does what it says. I would use it every day if I had the time in the morning to lie down and relax with the pads on my eyes, but first of all, I have to get ready to go to work, and secondly, I wouldn't be able to afford daily use. The price is a little high, but it is thought as a treatment, and the quality of the ingredients (no unnecessary chemicals) justifies the price. After use, puffiness is gone, the skin around the eyes looks a lot brighter, the eyes look refreshed and opened up. My only tiny critique: I wish the cotton pads would separate better, or that the pads were already pre-cut in the right thickness and then put together per 2 for the application of one ampule.

on 12/13/2011 4:33:00 PM

This feels good in the areas below my eyes. They can get tired and itchy in dry winter air. At night this feels really refreshing for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a watery lotion, containing various herbal extracts (eyebright, fennel seed, woundwort, chamomile, tea, rose-petal oil). Available in a 50 ml pack (ten plastic vials) or, slightly more expensive by volume, single 5 ml vials. The latter are useful for travel, or as I did, for trying the stuff out.

Intended use: shake vial, twist off top, empty out content onto 2 cotton pads.* The box comes with ten of them--they're basically thick-ish cotton wool pads. Apply wet compresses to eyes. Sit back and relax for ten minutes.

How I use it: shake vial, apply a few drops to fingertips--this is slightly tricky and requires dexterity--then pat into skin around eyes: under, around, lids. That enables one to get, by my count, four uses out of a vial; that's two days' worth, morning and evening.

Benefits: mainly from the eyebright solution: soothes, revives, refreshes, calms irritation and inflammation.

Quibble/grumble: in the field of soothing ten-minute eye-masks, one can achieve a similar effect with several massively monumentally cheaper alternative methods. The application of anything cool and wet to the eye area: will constrict blood vessels, move them away from the skin surface, physically reduce inflammation. And feel nice and cooling and calming. Some examples:

---water: out a tap, out of a bottle, fancier spray-can versions (I like Avène for this)

---tea-bags, run under cool water then squeezed out. With added benefits of caffeine. I often use a mix of black and chamomile tea, in reusable bags (those little muslin ones, often sold in delis and cookery shops--often intended for single-use, for stews and wine-mulling), as 10-minute eye masks.

---eyebright solution, and assorted other decoctions (chamomile, rose-flower, etc.).

So why did I buy this Eye Solace, and why will I buy it again: not as a mask, but for use as a solution dabbed around the eyes. Its first and principal ingredient is eyebright extract in aqueous solution; and in allergy season, one of the only substances that blinkingwell works on my eyes is eyebright. Used two ways. I have some precious eye drops, that are fiendishly expensive here, and which I stock up on every time I'm back in Europe; likewise for eyebright solution for application to the eye area, rather than the eyes themselves. I used this solution all the time in Europe, where even the Weleda version is pretty cheap. (I do use it on compresses occasionally, if allergies are very very bad.)

It's been difficult, however, to find plain simple sterile eyebright solution here in Vancouver, and what (little) is available is at an astonishingly outrageous price. Even though Dr.Hauschka stuff is very expensive--especially here, after all the shipping and customs charges--the Eye Solace is still the cheapest way to buy a water/eyebright solution in Vancouver. As a temporary stop-gap measure.**

The price? For 50 ml (10 x 5 ml), USD 33.00, CAD 38.00 plus tax. For one 5 ml vial, CAD 5.00. Like other DrH stuff, cruelty-free, and these ones are vegan.

INGREDIENTS: Water/Aqua, Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract,Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria/German Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Black Tea) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil (Rose Essential Oil)

* For this Eye Solace stuff, you can use any cotton-wool pads, or other cotton cloths of the right weave and texture. If I were to use it as an eye-mask, as intended by Dr.Hauschka, I'd use my DIY reusable cotton pads: made out of old cotton jersey underwear; each pad used once, then put in laundry; I made a stack of them, and just wash them all at the end of the week--used for makeup removal and any other usual cotton-wool pad purpose.

** This is an interrim solution. There's a fair number available of eyebright supplements to take orally; they're not liquid extract and you can't apply them to the eye area (being ground-up plant in a capsule). They're not exactly cheap, but would work out a lot cheaper than Dr.H if one were to open up (a) capsule(s) and use the contents to make up an eyebright decoction, cool it, and keep it in the refrigerator. The experimental stage would include testing out quantities, concentrations, and brewing times.

EXCEPT THAT: needs to be sterile; and eyebright can do damage if not used or prepared properly. So for the time being, seeing as how I don't have a lab at home, nor the time (or money) to set one up properly... it'll be this Eye Solace stuff for me. PM me of course if you find a cheaper solution to the solution problem, either available here in Vancouver or online in Canada (or online in the US, so long as the shipping charges and import duties aren't insane). continued >>

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love this! It's wonderful, it really makes your eye area feel so refreshed and completely soothes the area. I've noticed that if I use it the night before (as a compress for 10 minutes as per the directions), I'll wake up the next morning with my dark circles lightened significantly and my eye bags slightly better.

Only con about this is that it seems to stop working as well as it first did after continuous use.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Citronellol*.
*component of natural essential oils

I wear contacts and my eyes tend to feel dry and sometimes itchy. I often wake up puffy-eyed (especially in summer) and I'm addicted to eye drops. I ordered a box of Eye Solace hoping it would help me. Since it is a completely natural product I feel confident using it around my eyes. I used organic cotton pads instead of those that come in the box, because regular cotton is sprayed with all sorts of toxins, so just to stay on the safe side. (I'm freakishly careful when it comes to my eyes, because they're so sensitive)
I've been using Eye Solace compress for about 2 weeks now and so far I'm quite impressed. I leave it on for at least 10 minutes (up to 20) and it feels incredibly soothing and refreshing. After each "session" my eyelids appear less puffy, don't feel dry and I look more awake. It doesn't exactly solve the problem, but it acts calming and brings more relief than any other eye mask/cream/serum I have tried so far.

I keep the box refrigerated and use about half an ampule per application. It is recommended to throw away the rest of the opened ampule because it expires on the same day, but I find that hard to believe so I save the rest (refrigerated, of course) and use up within 3 days. Sometimes I use what is left as a facial toner since I figure if it is safe for eyes then it cant hurt my face. Ingredients include herbal extracts of Eyebright, Anthyllis and Chamomile- all good stuff. On the negative note, this product is too expensive if used daily. But I already ordered two more boxes yesterday because it works so well for me.

Not tested on animals/Vegan friendly.

on 5/16/2010 2:46:00 AM

This product does an amazing job withe refreshing and soothing my eyes.
I work a lot in front of the computer and my eyes tent to redden and hurt by the end of the day (you know that feeling when you think you have sand in your eyes).
I find myself using this almost every day. Comes in a paper box with 10 small plastic ampulles and 10 plain cotton pads in it.
The guide says you have to separate a cotton pad and emty the ampulle on the two circles. I think one ampulle is too much for one use so I use it in two goes. The guide says that once you open the ampulle you can only use the product for a day but if you put it in the fridge it is fine for the next couple of days (I used it this way and did not do any harm).
It is a bit on the pricey side but if you use it like me (half an ampulle every day) you have 20 days worth of product in a box so it is not that bad really.
Love it, very relaxing and great for my over-sensitive eyes! It is a very useful addition to my skincare regime so will keep buying it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is remarkable. I had slightly dark circles under my eyes and eye strain from contacts/staring at a computer. With ONE dose I notice a (80%?) difference in both darkness of the skin under my eyes clearing up, and the whites of my eyes clearing. I look forward to using the rest of this box and buying more. Wish I had purchased sooner! Great ingredients for sensitive eyes too: fennel and chamomile.

on 7/21/2008 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've almost finished my first box, and as i stare at my eyes in the mirror, i can't say that i've ever noticed such visible improvement. You know when you get those brown eyes? your eyelids go very dark, its basically you dark circles, but more intense. My eyelids are brighter, my alive, and awake. I feel kind of stupid doing this in the evening, i should do this more in the mornings, or afternoons before I go out! I leave this on for about 20 mins, if i've got the time.

It comes in a box, with hmm *sry i forgot the number* cotton pads, and you split each in two, that way there is one ampule for each cotton pad. Afterwards you squirt the amplule's product on to the cotton pads *yes yes very simple* and apply onto your eyes. What i really liked about the packaging, was how the ampule is plastic and ou can squeeze this one, unlike their rhythmic night treatment ampules which are glass. Over all this product gives wonderful results, especially if you give it time to work in.

on 5/31/2007 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great product! makes puffines and circles go away and gives you a fresh look!