Vichy LiftActiv Nightcream

Vichy LiftActiv Nightcream

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Palm Oil), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Sucrose Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Poly C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate, Stearic Acid, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Triethanolamine, Dimethiconol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root), Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates (C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate), Crosspolymer, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/1/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the Liftactiv Nuit, the version with the blue packaging. First of all, I'm clearly not the target audience for this product (a mistake on my part in buying it). But most of my complaints (aside from not really being able to notice any firming action without much need of firming) I feel like they apply to the product anyway. First of all: hello grease. I'm fairly new to nightcreams, but nothing I've ever put on my face has been quite as greasy as this.The cream is thick, thick, thick, and I'm basically reflective after putting this on. And while it's less of a problem in a nightcream than it is in a daycream, it's still not ideal.

The cream hasn't made my skin react badly in any way. It gives enough moisture (combination skin), and it hasn't made me break out. But it also hasn't bettered my skin, and it's just not worth the (quite hefty) price tag.

Pros:
+ No parabens
+ Hypoallergenic claim
+ Quite mositurizing
+ Has a surprising amount of natural ingredients
+ Only lightly scented (though it does contain some fragrance)

Cons:
- Extremely greasy
- Pricey
- Doesn't seem to do much, at least to younger skin
- Brand isn't cruelty free

on 4/25/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Average night cream, kind of greasy, my face is glossy and shiny, not attractive even in your own home, in my opinion. Sometimes I have do a face time chat with friends in the evenings, feel very embarrassed with my greasy face.
Blow average moisturizing power, does not feel absorbed well, will not buy again.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/10/2015 7:23:00 AM

Do not buy this cream. It is way too greasy. Terrible .. The skin not absorbed and instead generates acne. The high price from. I prefer Aveeno products. Economic and efficient.

on 4/4/2015 7:47:00 PM

I'm not sure why this has good reviews but it didn't work for me at all. It was super greasy and never really go absorbed by my skin. I also woke up the next morning full of breakouts. I guess I'll be using the rest as a body moisturizer.

on 2/20/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is for the LiftActiv Nuit featured in the blue jar, not the LIftActiv CxP Nuit, which I believe is discontinued. HOLY WOW! This product may be more deserving of five stars than any product I have ever tried or reviewed, ever.

Throughout my 30s, I had been fighting off the fine lines under the eyes, usually with easy success. As that decade round to a close, products that had previously worked did not work anymore. Namely my Biotherm Rides Repair Nuit, a former Holy Grail.

I found myself layering products or trying different combinations, or worse, layering several products throughout the day to try to keep those fine lines plumped out. Then I would go outside into the dry winter air, or wake up from sleep to find those lines just entrenched. Truly frustrating. Since Vichy has a full line at Walgreens and I'm familiar with several of their products, I figured why not give this one a try.

I am thrilled to say it works like nothing else ever has. I will condition this by saying that year-round, I always add some Silkia camellia oil underneath my eyes after I wash my face. Then, over the entire face, I add Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10. Once that is dry, I add this product around the full eye area and the mouth area, including the nasolabial folds.

Now, my skin under the eyes seem so resilient! So full of moisture. I was initially worried, because this product does not feel as emollient as the Biotherm. However, it does the job. I can go hours outside in the harshest Chicago winter days, and the undereye area still looks and feels moist and mostly line-free. Even better, when I wake up after sleeping on my side, I don't have those annoying set-in crease lines under my eyes.

I can't promise it will work as well for you, but if you've exhausted all other options, give it a try! It's my new Holy Grail!

on 5/23/2013 9:16:00 PM

I use Vichy products at night and this is one I use regularly. The Liftactiv Nuit is creamy, fresh scent, and absorbs well, I prefer a faster absorbing lotion. No reaction to the product. It's anti-wrinkling, firming lotion, and paraben-free. I have been using this product for about 2 years and the 50ml last about 8 months for me. I use to use the Lift Activ Nuit CxP but I don't think they make that product anymore :( This will have to do. Thanks for reading.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let's start off about my skin: I have normal to dry skin with the beginning of some fine lines under my eyes and very clear skin. This night cream retails for $49 and can be found at Walgreens and Ulta, probably some other retailers as well. I did not purchase this but I received it for free from a Vichy/LRP training seminar that my coworker attended. As It's for mature skin, I didn't think I would like it, being that it's extremely thick and I'm not used to a thick cream. I'm only 27 so I didn't think I needed something for wrinkles. However, after using it for a month, I feel like it's one of the best creams that has ever touched my face. Yes, it's very thick and almost ointment like, but it does not feel heavy on my face. A little bit goes a long way so I don't see this having to be repurchased that often. It makes my skin extremely smooth and does seem to help with elasticity. Even though I received this for free I'm pretty sure I would go out and buy it again because it really is the best cream i've ever used. I will update further if it's helped with any fine lines.

on 11/2/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a lovely, rich product. Lightly scented, silky, and very hydrating on my dry, maturing skin. After exfolating, I smooth it on, and it absorbs easily. I wake every morning with smooth, soft, hydrated skin, and, because it is so refreshed, my fine lines are nearly non-existent! There was definitely a firming effect for me as well after several uses! Worth every penny!

on 10/31/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i've been testing vichy liftactiv since a couple of months.so,i finally decided to buy it! Not only was it in special(10 dollards off)but i received in a gift set:a little day liftactiv cream,plus a one step cleanser(purete thermale)! Wow! I am really happy with vichy! It brings a velvety smoothness to the skin,firm the skin,treat some redness,treats the general aspect of the skin,brings a healthy glow to the skin!so far so good! I combine it with collagen ellastin by st ives.i take l'oreal for day time.but will surely buy the big day liftactiv cream and probably the serum and eye cream liftactiv!that's how much i love vichy liftactiv cream!love it!

on 2/27/2011 6:38:00 PM

I must be using a different product than the other reviewers. I saw no change in wrinkles. It is not moisturizing although it sold as more of a treatment rather than a moisturizer.

This cream might be ok if it were priced at $25. However, at $50 I do not think I have ever used a more disappointing cream.

NeOvadiol is the only product I will be buying from the Vichy line the future. It is my HG.