Chanel Hydramax + Sérum

Chanel Hydramax + Sérum

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Butylene glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol, 8/5/3 Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sodium Lactate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Mannitol, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Benzophenone-3, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sodium Carbomer, Carob Fruit Extract (the active ingredient in the Hydramax range), Chlorphenesin, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Dipotassium EDTA, Centrimonium Bromide, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylparaben, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cl 77289 (chromium hydroxide green)

on 10/1/2017 10:54:00 AM

The most expensive serum I have tried $135 USD 1oz. A fresh and smoothing serum, ideal for all skin types, that moisturizes, comforts, protects and boosts overall radiance. Ideal for all skin types. There is so much hydration for evening use. Too much for my daily use. If you have dry skin, I'm sure your skin will soak it up. This would be a special purchase. Thanks for reading!

on 2/5/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I enjoyed this product thoroughly, but I don't think I would buy it again right away. I am almost finished with the bottle, and I've used it religiously through out the winter. My skin is oily, and this has neither caused excess oil nor has it helped reduce it. It makes my skin feel quite soft, but other than that, nothing. I was hoping that by adding moisture to my skin, my oiliness would go down a bit and make my skin a bit more normal, but this had no effect.

I am more interested in trying out serums that improve tone and texture at the moment, so I'm going to take a beak from this and see how different my skin is after not using it for awhile. I just feel like there are so many other serums that have beneficial effects on skin, whereas this is meant only to provide moisture, and for the price I think I might be able to find something cheaper and just as effective. It isn't a bad product, it just didn't leave me wowed even after using up the whole bottle.

on 4/12/2011 11:07:00 AM

Can I live without this product now? Probably not, but the $120 CDN for 50ml pricetag makes me wish I could.

My skin is combination to oily, but thanks to a lack of water in my diet (my fault, and so easy to remedy - I'm just so lazy) my skin tends to be dehydrated and flaky. I first started using Hydramax when my skin was having a bit of a freakout - perhaps a reaction to something new - but I got it back in control by using this after an Olay Pro X/Avene cleansing gel regimen. I don't use this on its own, and I only use it in the evening.

I was advised by the Chanel rep to always seal it with another moisturizer, as it's meant just to boost moisture, not to actually provide it. She didn't sell it as one of those do-it-all serums - it wouldn't fight signs of aging, it wouldn't combat wrinkles, it wouldn't drive me to work in the morning. It would just give me an extra jump; a drink of water for my face, if you will.

Whatever it is, this sweetly scented serum is working wonders for me, or at least in partnership with everything else I'm doing (which is a fairly bland skincare routine). My skin feels more velvety smooth, and my flakes are gone. It doesn't clog my pores and hasn't caused a breakout. All great things.

on 10/21/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best moisturizer/serum I have ever used, period. Does wonders for my sensitive, eczema-prone dry skin and never feels greasy. Looks good under makeup, and a tiny drop goes a long way. It seems expensive, but you really don't need that much and $110 USD has lasted me 6 months - and I'm only half done with the bottle. Unless you're a giant or you use it on your whole body, it's completely worth it. ;) I also find that when I use this, my skin heals faster if I have a breakout. When I'm really dry, I layer it over Philosophy's Hope in a Jar at night and I wake up looking like I grew new skin overnight.

on 3/20/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product smells great; however, it might be a bit strong to those who can't take strong fragrances. It kind of smells like peach almost. I have extremely oily skin, but I decided to give it a shot when my face got kind of dry from acne products. It worked really well. It did not feel way too heavy on my skin. My face became pretty moisturized after a few applications. I have tried applying this before applying my foundation, and it made blending way easier. It's a pretty good product and it is kinda pricey. I did not break out from it

Chanel makes some amazing products and if you can stand the scent, then go for it. I bought this after a makeover at Chanel. I wouldn't use this as a moisturizer, its used to seal in moisture really. I would moisturize first and then apply the serum. It acts like a barrier between your skin and makeup. The girl who did my makeover applied this first to my skin to reduce redness (she said her husband even uses it) and helps reduce oily production throughout the day. I didn't achieve this for me, but it didn't hurt me either. It felt like a primer since it left a layer of softness, not like a balm. It filled in my pores and smoothed my skin. Very comfortable to wear under makeup. You only need one pump for coverage, perhaps two if you want to have super soft and silky skin. The package was great, the pump gives out the perfect amount in my opinion. I used it up very quickly 5 months and it was done. But aside from soothing and feeling lovely, it wasn't amazing in terms of moisture. Didn't feel a difference in my skins moisture and my skin was still pretty oily after three hours. It gave me an all over healthy look and made the surface of my skin nicer for makeup application. So I would buy it as a primer again if I have the cash to spend. But its so pricey that at this point I'd rather not and stick to MACs primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. I have been using the serum since it was first introduced (a believe at least an iteration ago). It is wonderful in this iteration, it moisturizes well although I wouldn't go so far to use this as my moisturizer only, and it seems to calm my sensitive skin and redness down. I love the feel of it, the slip, it isn't oily, and sinks in quickly while leaving what seems like a lipid barrier on the skin which is good for retaining moisture. The only thing I don't like about this particular version is the smell. I genuinely cannot stand the smell, and for that reason, I have been looking at other brands. I haven't smelled the new Hydramax + Active serum yet, so that is next on the list when I run out of this. The pump is great and so hygenic, by the way. If you need moisture, this is a great product to help.

on 10/9/2009 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used only 2 serums that were only for hydration the one was form Dior from the hydraction line and the second one is this one and for sure this is by far better.In terms of packaging both products are equally good,both come with a pump in an airless packaging.In terms of price,Chanel's is slightly more expensive but the difference is so little that I don't care.Both serums are very light Dior's is a clear gel and Chanel's is light blue and slightly thicker.Chanel's serum also has stronger scent but doesn't bothers me at all because smells like skin care and not like perfume.In terms of performance now this serum works much much better on me.Dior's broke me out horribly and even it was lighter after 2-3 hours my skin was oily but never with this one.I use this every morning and never brokes me out or irritates my skin,I feel my skin very smooth and slightly plumped and the thing that I like the most is that I feel like I put water on my skin and not something very oily.I also find that Chanel's serum contains much more "interesting" ingredients.In general I m very happy with this serum,I feel my skin so fresh and healthy when I use this and sometimes when my skin isn't that dry I use it but it self without any cream on top of it.Spreads on the skin amazing a tiny amount goes a long way so this lasts long also.Moisturizes very well that well that I can skip the moisturizer as I said earlier.In general I m very happy with Chanel's serums I feel that they are actually serums and not just a moisturizers lighter version

on 2/17/2010 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have oily skin, but winter made it pretty dehydrated.
I have used the serum on its own and in the conjonction with Cliniques Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. The serum is lightweight. It spreads very easily and sinks in immediately. It didnt clog my pores and made my skin more oily.
Ive noticed that it hepled in some degree with dehydration, but I think that the winer and central heating dried out my skin beyond its power to moisturize it. I think it might be good to use during spring or autumn, but this wont help very dehydrated skin.
What I dont like is that the serum is blue. I dont think this was necessary.
Another bad point is that it has very strong fragrance, that kind of smell that screams that there is more perfume than any other ingredients. I usually dont have problems vith highly perfumed products, but this was too much even for me. The only good thing is that after five to ten minutes the smell disappears.
The product comes in a pump bottle, which is very hygienic.
I wouldnt repurchase it. The serum wasnt bad, but the fragrance is so strong and overpowering and Im sure that there are other, less perfumed, but equally good serums.

on 10/2/2009 10:51:00 AM

This is a great product, did magic on my sensitive combination skin and is non oily. LOVE it!