China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat

Fast Forward Top CoatFast Forward Top Coat

3.7

on 8/10/2016 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I reviewed this product years ago and even after all this time, and trying many other quick dry products, this is still my absolute favorite. I won't do a mani without it. Last week I had a base coat, 2 coats of polish, this top coat, then a couple days later I added 2 more coats of polish on top and painted the FF Top Coat on. Amazingly, all layers were dry within 5 minutes. That is why I love it. It dries all layers within 5 minutes, although I usually wait 10 minutes before doing any heavy work with my fingers. I have not found any other quick dry that works this well or this quickly. Also, it is possible to buy a large bottle on ebay to refill your smaller bottles. It's a real money saver.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As a longtime fan of Seche Vite, I was a little skeptical when the SA in Sally recommended this to me. She assured me that if I hated it, I could bring it back (they were out of Seche Vite).

Well, consider me a convert. I LOVE this stuff. It dries super fast to a great shiny finish. No, it's not quite as shiny as SV, but only slightly less, and there is none of that shrinky, wrinkly nonsense. At all. Ever. The CG bottle is .5 oz and $6.99 (with card, not on sale) at my Sally.

Some people complain about the smell of this, but really, in comparison, have you smelled SV? Blech. I find this much more pleasant. It does have a smell, but it is what it is.

Will I repurchase? You bet. I'm on my way out to get another bottle right now.

on 11/10/2015 11:44:00 PM

I am a nurse and I love to have my nails painted. Been painting my nails since I was a kid. A good top coat had always been tough to find. I change my polish every 2-3 days (sometimes just put an extra layer over if I can get away with it. ) this has been the best top coat I have ever used. I've had it for about 2 weeks and used it maybe 6 times. It's pretty decent as far as chipping. Haven't had too many issues there. I can apply at night right before bed and wake up in the morning with clean polish! Major plus since I'm short on time.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am a huge fan of this top coat! I recently added it to my order on nailpolishcanada.com and once I tested it I fell in love. This top coat dries super quickly and it covers your nail with a beautiful glossy layer. I can glide my finger over the surface of my nail within minutes of application and there will be no wrinkling or imprint in the finish.
The one thing which I will say is, this top coat is not the best at protecting from chipping. It works better with certain polishes-- glitters and shimmer polishes in particular. Unfortunately I've found that the creamier, opaque polishes tend to chip more with this top coat.
That being said, I think this product is way better than Sèche Vite. You do not get the shrinking, wrinkly effect with this polish that you would with SV. This top coat is also 3 free, unlike SV and is much safer. (Did you know SV has a birth defect warning on the bottle?!) Oddly enough this product even smells better than SV--if that's possible for a nail polish... Overall I gave it 4/5 stars because I really like it, but it may not be good enough for others, what with the occasional chipping.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this yesterday and used it over an existing manicure.

It was only about £5 which surprised me - I was expecting a lot more from a premium brand. The bottle and brush are bog standard China Glaze and great.

I love the formula though. Normally, quick dry top coats tend to be quite thick - this one is thin, easily spreadable, dries quickly and super, super shiny. The only con is that is stinks! Really strong smell even after it has dried.

I prefer this over Seche Vite as there hasn't been any shrinkage and while the smell is strong, it doesn't make my eyes water like SV. The brush and bottle are much better as the brush reaches to the bottom of the bottle and it isn't super thin. Also the price is better.

I prefer it to the cheap Essence topcoat I have, as you can see inside the bottle and I think it won't go gloopy so quick (although of course this is a guess as I only got it yesterday!). It can't beat Essence on price though!

Overall, very good topcoat, probably will buy again.

on 8/22/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Best fast dry top coat ever. I recently tried SV, and now i'm totally convinced that China Glaze Fast Forward is a lot better.

Pros: Really cheap (in Chile, US$ 7; Seche Vite, if you can find it, cost at least US$20). Fast dry (In any case, I usually use Fast Freezer to be really sure). Long lasting shine. Doesn't smudge nail art (at least in my experience; in fact, the first time I tried it, was for a recommendation of a Nail art blog which suggested only use SV or CG FF over stamping). Really liquid and easy to spread. Doesn't shrink. Combined with CG strong adhesion base or Orly bonder, and Gelous, my manicures can last in perfect condition 5 days.

Cons: Strong chemical smell. Sometimes can get a little glopy, so is very important to be careful and close the cap tightly after every use.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is overall really good. I was looking for a top coat and I found this at Sally's for $5 and thought I would give it a try. This worked really well for me and kept my nail polish on for 5-7 days which is fantastic!!! I will defiantly be repurchasing this product:)

Dries very quickly! Also adds a pretty shine. The smell however is very strong and odd. I'd rather smell acrylic monomer lol also it does not keep nail polish on longer than normal

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

GARBAGE!!!! IT DRIES your nails sure and gives it a great shine, but it will peel right off or chip within hours,, I used Essie nailpolish before and it made it peel within hours.. Never will buy again, I will go and use the Sally Hansen Instant Drying way way better....
The smell is horrible also... Too bad they have other great products but this one is GARBAGE!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay, not really sure what I think of this. It makes my nail polish really shiny and pretty, but it SMELLS horrible. It's like a synthetic fruity smell.. I can't get past it makes me want to throw up. I would probably buy it again tho, because it does seem to work for me, but if you're sensitive to smells, I'd suggest probably not purchasing this product.