Smashbox Lip Pencil- Smashing Palm Beach

No Image

4.2

This is so versatile. Can go with ANY lipstick that I wear from MAC Gel to Syrup.

on 10/8/2009 5:26:00 PM

I think this shade is amazing for a very neutral, beachy look. It's a very flattering shade that is perfect for those days where you just don't care and don't want to play with a lot of colors.. think Kate Bosworth au natural.. I like it.. it's had to sharpen and I find that the pencil chips easily... so I doubt I'd repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Palm Beach is a great neutral nude brown lipliner. As many have stated before, it works well with a variety of colors because it is so neutral. The consistency is creamy and smooth but not greasy. This is the typical lipliner that you have to sharpen. I will definately buy this liner again because it is one of my favorite nude liners. The other is Chanel Nude.

My favorite thing about this lip pencil is the consistency, it is nice and creamy yet not so creamy where you can still define the lip properly.
The color is also very nice but I wish it were a bit lighter, although it definitely looks great with the majority of colors out there.
I received this product as part of a set but I could definitely see re-purchasing in the future.

on 1/12/2007 2:16:00 PM

This is a great neutral lip pencil. Like the other reviewers have mentioned, you can use it with a good variety of colors. Definite repurchase!

on 7/4/2006 2:58:00 PM

I like the color of Palm Beach. It's a neutral brown with a very slight berry tone. It goes on smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Excellent shade. Nude/neutral, but slightly reddish brown as well, which is actually much more natural than, well, beige lips (you can really notice the difference when you compare it to smashing media, which is also neutral but more of a traditional nude/beige). I agree with the reviewer who said that this goes with most, if not all shades. Love it. Perhaps a teeny tiny big "tugging", but, in my opinion, almost imperceptibly so. I would rather my lip liners err on the harder side, than be too creamy, because when lip liners are too creamy I have trouble getting a sharp line with them. This is definitely an HG for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used to love Smashbox liners until they came out with the new Sheer lip pencils and now these lip pencils seem rather dry and tugging in comparison. They are soft in comparison to some drier lip liners but i just now prefer an even smoother formula. Smashing Palm Beach is one of the staples of Smashbox. Came in like half the kits they have. Palm Beach is a soft brown nude color with a hint of pink to it. Very nuetral. Retails for $14. Not my favorite anymore so I wont be repurchasing this formula anymore.

on 11/17/2005 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I seem to be in the minority so far, but while the color of this is nice, the texture is not that great on my lips. It goes on waxy and I have to press hard and use a lot to get any discernable color. Maybe i have defective lips? Anyway, I may swap this away b/c I'm not reaching for it these days.

This is a great ylbd (your lips but darker) lipliner. It glides on surprisingly smoothly with no tugging. Honestly the quality is better than MAC liners but MAC is so much cheaper, I'll stick with theirs. It's just liner after all.

Popular Lip Liners