Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Island Get Away Tahiti Sweetie Body Lotion with Monoi Oil

True Blue Spa Island Get Away Tahiti Sweetie Body Lotion with Monoi Oil

4.2

This was probably my signature scent for a long time. I noticed it smelled a bit sour after a while though :(

on 10/31/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I sampled this in B&BW and really loved the scent of it (to me it smells like sherbet), so decided to go all out and buy the full sized version as opposed to a travel sized.

This is quite a thick body lotion so a little goes a long way. The scent doesn't quite last all day, but I could still smell this on my skin after a few hours which was nice as I've had other scented lotions where the scent disappears almost immediately.

I would say the 8 fl oz/236 ml tube lasted me about 3 weeks when applying every day on my arms and legs, so for $15.00 (around 9.00) I think that's pretty good value for money. The only downside to this is that it didn't really moisturise my skin very well. My legs get really dry and itchy in the colder months and I found this didn't really help to alleviate that problem. Also, I found that if I got any of this on my clothing or bed covers it was really difficult to get out, which meant I had to be very careful not to spill any when I was applying it. Not the easiest thing to achieve when you're applying it early in the morning, half asleep and in semi-darkness!

Although I did like the scent of this I've used better body lotions and butters, so on that basis I wouldn't be tempted to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this lotion for two dollars, and instantly bought it. I love Bath and Body Works products, especially the True Blue Spa ones. This is a nice lotion, but I like it more for the scent. It really isn't anything special, but it smells like candy! It lasts all day, which is nice. I use it for quick, on the go moisturzing and smell. For regular price though, I wouldn't purchase this again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I loved the way this smelled so I picked up a small bottle. Unfortunately I had a SEVERE allergic reaction to it. Luckily I only used it on my arms one night instead of my entire body but the next morning I had broke out in a severely itchy comedogenic rash ALL OVER my arms and hands! It looked like really intense red goosebumps and felt like my skin was burning hot. I'm so glad I did not put this on the rest of my body. The rash lasted about 3 days.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful with B&B products, they are not all natural and each product is different, I say stay away from it and stick to all-natural stuff, even if you don't react to their products this junk is not good for your skin to be absorbing anyway. However if you DO buy something from here I'd suggest TESTING it on a small area of your skin to make sure you are not allergic to anything in it.
I've never bought anything from B&B after this!

on 7/16/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I couldn't find this lotion locally to sample its fragrance, so I took a chance purchasing it online. It'ss OK but not what I was hoping for in terms of scent. I wanted it to smell more like Nars Body Glow II monoi oil (the bottle w/the tiare flower in it), but instead this smells highly sweet & a lot like pineapples or peaches (there's peach extract in it). My mom says it smells like white peaches & I agree. The scent is fun & summery, but not what I was looking for - I wanted sultry, spicy, warm gardenia Nars type of smell. I'm holding off on buying Nars due to its high price.

This lotion's texture is lovely - it's very light & silky, easy to spread & rich in moisture but not greasy. If I apply only what I need, it sinks right in & leaves my skin feeling moisturized yet normal (not greasy or dry) & smelling very sweet. If I apply it more generously, it still sinks into my skin but leaves behind a mild sheen that I love, a look of dewy health that's very appealing & still not greasy feeling. My skin is silky to the touch but not slick. I value the sheen-factor in a product & have a hard time finding a good lotion that fits all my criteria.

I expect I'll particularly enjoy using this lotion on beach days (dry skin!), but I'm not sure that I would try to buy it again - besides the scent being not what I wanted, this product unfortunately also contains phenoxyethanol AND 5 types of parabens (WTF!), which is disappointing - I know these chemicals are in most commercial products but they trouble my conscience about health. If I could combine the sensual scent of Nars Body Glow II with the natural ingredients of Korres body butter, I'd have the perfect body lotion.

My real rating would be 3.5 lippies - I like it more than 3 but not quite as much as 4.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Right now I'm living in a northern, very cold climate and this stuff works wonders. My skin has become lizard-like and I apply this every night. It smells amazing and is not greasy. I would use it in the summer, too, since it's not greasy.

on 12/10/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I won this at a baby shower with a few other goodies and WOW. LOVE THE SMELL. Love the way it feels on my skin. Feels like it is moisturizing and does not bother my sensitive skin at all. Will buy some of this as soon as I run out. Also I think this will make a wonderful gift for the teens in my family.

on 7/19/2011 4:35:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lotion. I have tried everything out there and this is by far my fave!!! it's light weight, doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy and i have acne prone skin and this works perfect! Plus it smells absolutely amazing!! i will continue to buy this as long as it's on the shelves!!

on 4/28/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is so moisturizing and smells so good! I use it all year round. I've gone through 3 bottles of this!

on 4/17/2011 12:27:00 PM

Face lotion! No irritation pore swelling enlargement. maintain nose pores, heals, use under makeup, WOW! beautiful gleam, model fine. I really hate it when any face lotion/cream puts scent in it and this wasn't made for face but I can handle the scent on my face but a teeny vapor. Can they unscent some too? or is the flower in it just natural and apart of the formula you might not want to change becasue it works so well? Will still use on face if can't. Use for life. Love how smooth it is overall. When I used this I had just looked at this long tone legged model in Vogue against bright sky blue background and white sand and it feels like that picture, freash, rich/releaxed/wealthy like and healthy like the most refined to go with it for the health and balence of relaxed female not sporty...helped me with those stubborn five pounds and leg toning. Not commercial, cheap like at all, special. Love it!!!!!

Popular Lotions / Creams