Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (orange)

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (orange)

3.6

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Water, Alcohol, Isoceteth-20, Fragrance, Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine, Benzophenone-4, Red 4, Denatonium Benzoate

Very good for my oily skin. I have very oily skin and this takes care of any residual oil/dirt very well. Can definitely be too drying for less oily types. I've been using this product for several years now and am still happy with it. My only complaint is that I don't think that the color or fragrance are necessary.

I wasn't going to write a review but seeing that they were all negative and this is my holy grail product I felt obligated to. I'm 17 and have never had ANY acne at all and have always had perfect skin. I went on the pill around six months ago for really bad cramps and my skin went insane!!! I started getting oily in my t zone and dry skin on the rest of my face. For the first time my face was covered in acne and I finally sympathized with my friends who have had acne for years. I finally got this product maybe two months ago and it truly is a miracle worker. I have extremely sensitive skin, it's so bad that any perfume in skin products make my skin get blotchy and red and I never experienced any of the burning that everyone else has which I think is a little odd. Just after the first night of using this my skin was already back to being baby soft and less oily overall. I got the 3 step set with this and my skin is back to being perfectly clear. I owe all of my confidence to this product because it's pretty awful to have beautiful skin and then suddenly feel like you have to slather on makeup just to look normal again. This fixed my awful skin so it deserves a better review. Hope this helps someone else too!! :)

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this astringent yesterday at Walmart with the morning burst and night time soothing duo cleaner pack and I love this combo. Last night I used the nighttime cleanser and it make my skin so soft. I applied this and it burned really bad but I think the problem is. Need the sensitive one which they were out of. So if I repurchase I will be getting the sensitive one. And this morning I used the morning burst and I love how the beads dissolve instead of staying on your face after. I look forward to continuing on with this line :)

on 7/21/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I haven't had this very long, but wow. My skin was never terrible (but I'm not one of those people who can count their pimples on one or both hands). This boosted my skin's quality so much. I went from having some scabs and pimples to having a lot less pimples and healed skin; if I can update this later, I probably will. The first couple of days, it burned badly. After a while, though, it was more of a cool feeling (maybe my skin was dirty the way that cuts are, so the alcohol cleaned it out). For the price I paid, about $4, I would buy again.

**Update: this was far too harsh for my skin. I don't know how it even helped the first few days, and perhaps with a better moisturizer my skin would react differently, but as I left it, my skin was irritated and dry. I may have dryer skin than I thought, so this might work for you more than it did for me.

on 12/13/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've used this astringent on and off for almost 10 years, because I first started using it in high school. I've used others, and they are definitely much more gentle, but this astringent works for my skin and keeps it in check.

It definitely has that burning sensation, and for that reason I would never recommend this to people with sensitive skin, or eczema. It is a very strong astringent and works well with my skin because it's never been sensitive. Most of the clean and clear acne-treating line tend to have a burning sensation. You may want to stay clear of those if you're allergic or really sensitive to this.

Also, this product has salicylic acid, which has always worked well for my skin. It also includes alcohol (probably the reason for the burning) which dries out the face and can irritate the eyes. I don't put this astringent near my eyes, and I use cotton puffs to apply it to my face. I don't need to moisturize after using this product because my face is combo-oily, but if you have dry skin, you will need to. If your skin is super dry, I wouldn't purchase this. The alcohol in it will dry up most skin types.

This product worked for me in highschool and still works. When I use this every other day, pimples are kept in check. It also clears out my pores. I don't purchase this product every year, and have only used about 3 bottles over a long, long period of time. I feel like my skin needs a break every little while, especially from the strong chemicals.

I'm thinking of purchasing organic astringents that will be gentler and better for my skin. For now, I use this whenever I feel my skin getting too oily or when my pores feel clogged from make up. There are a lot of conditions that come with this product, so be cautious if you decide to pick it up. If you have oily, acne-prone skin that is not sensitive to acids or alcohol, then this may work for you.

my mom picked this up for me. i hoped that it would do as it said, help treat my pimples. But for me at least, that wasnt the case. i put it on and it felt as if it were burning my skin. I just thought the "burning feeling" was it cleaning my pores. After about a week of using this product, i noticed my forehead had broken out in to tiny red bumbs. They were also on my cheeks. I had no idea why. Just recently i have figured out my sensitive skin dosnt like Salicylic acid and strong chemicals. I dont recommend this if you dont react well to strong chemicals.The outcome of this product might be different for you if you dont have sensitive skin. Im sure it worked for other people, just not the product for my sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff I used to use all over my face, but it dries out my skin super quickly and it burns real bad. I suggest using a Q-tip to dab it on pimples and problems areas, works for that. But, it WILL burn.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I chose to use this astringent first versus the "Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner for Sensitive Skin" because I do not have sensitive skin, so I thought this one would be the most effective. I, however, was very mistaken. This astringent is just too strong. It made my face sting and it was quite unpleasant to apply. It also has a very strong scent that I compare to nail polish remover. To say the least, my experience with this product was not the best. Overall, I think it's a good astringent but I just cannot overlook these two big negatives.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I do have oily/semi-sensitive skin. It works well overall but I took off two lippies because it did burn my face. It also tightened face and dried it out. This may work for others but I just wouldn't buy it again. Ever. Maybe the sensitive skin one. I'm hoping that one doesn't leave the same burning sensation.

This stuf works great, gets rid of my acne in a flash. I always make sure I have it. But definitely buy this instead of the equate knock off. The reason I'm giving it a 4 is because it stings like a you know what. But it's very much worth it. Good product. & cheap.